Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Legion
Legion
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-03-30 12:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Turning down PUPs and SCH's in this event is foolhardy IMO. I'm a career SMN and dearly love the job, but I will be first to admit the inane BP-timer-system-holdover-from-2004 prevents us from shining in events with strict time limits like this one. I think someone posted a testimonial of a group of 25 SMN/BSTs who were well and truly destroyed. WoE this ain't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-03-30 13:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Finaly something challenging in the game. Abyssea spoild the players Atma / curor buffs it made people lazy and when you try to do something now were everyone needs to be on top of ***only the die hard old school players know what to do I am happy to see something challenging with the game abyssea was a joke and voidwatch I have not have right to say anything on that because i have not done much of it but leaching jobs 30-99 and a having people that have no idea how to play the job and skills are so under leveled makes things worse. I can't wait to see what SE has planned for the game later on very curious about the vana fest happening in june
By lilcratis 2012-03-30 13:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i see new synergy recipes when i talk to the synergy engineers for huginn, tenryu, khepri, spurrina, and iaso gear both nq and +1...to make these you need the piece of gear and an "abdhaljs honor"...when i speak to the legion npc he refers to the legion battlefield as being bestowed upon us by the archmage Abdhaljs...so im only assuming legion is where this gear comes from as well as the abdhaljs honor...and im guessing upgrading this gear works similar to sky gear? idk...i lack the detective skills of batman. any info would be nice.
oh...and how often can you do legion battle?
By Thanzo187 2012-03-30 13:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm why would people turn down sch in any event maybe VW with wings but abuse embrava duh :P
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-03-30 13:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Abdhaljs Honor is a dropped item from final chamber of Legion. I assume (hope?) that it drops from the first wave like all the other trophies, and not from the second wave which from the DATs contains a Paramount Botulus Rex and a Paramount Ig-Alima at once <shudder!>

Or it could be the final boss of the final chamber, which is listed as Paramount Avatar.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-03-30 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
People thought Abyssea was hard at first, too.

I don't recall even close to the level of difficulty compared to Kings, Salvage, Einherjar, Dynamis, Limbus, Sky (Yes I was playing even before Sky) or even Nyzul introductions. Players mastered that Abyssea at an unprecedented pace. I'll spare people the unimpressive self congratulatory ***.

Of course, I'm not blind to the fact that the level cap updates kind of ruined the balance in the game. Since SE had to simultaneously develop stronger players, with stronger monsters. As opposed to taking the 75cap limits (Such as level correction checks) for granted.

I want to make it clear I'm not supporting Soul-deadening drop rates. Just overall difficulty of the event. (Monster strength and what-have-you). If anything, abysmal drop rates are detrimental to a "Mass" Event, since the potential reward ratio is total ***.

also because back then there were not internet resources/forums/wikis etc.
Now people figure stuff a lot faster than back then because of this networking aspect.
[+]
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-04-02 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
Looks like people will need to learn how to use support roles again instead of just going with mass DD, the occasional brd or cor if you can find one, and a few healers. Or in the case of VW, just spamming temp items that make them invincible or near invincible.

And if people are going to complain about loot being harder to get, isn't this what everyone has been complaining about to be fixed from abyssea? Loot is "too easy" to get and it only takes a few days to make an emp so "I don't feel special with my awesome gear no one else has but me"

Either they have to make it completely based on your solo gaming abilities for gear, or you have to provide no skill and just get lucky with lots in mass groups (or holding on to your leaders *** in some cases).

Either way, someone isn't going to be happy and the masses will cry loud enough like always. Squeaky wheel gets greased first.

The problem with bringing more support is that you have 3 waves of bosses that need to be killed within 30 minutes.

My shell has done it a few times, and I went the first two days and wasn't able to log on the rest of the week due to RL stuff. We did the King room. We had PLDs hold Turtle and Wyrm and killed KB > Aspid > Wyrm. We had about 7 minutes or so to then clear the second wave. Second wave absolutely requires food. People were missing the second Behemoth like crazy, and he just absolutely chews people up with his meteor.

If you bring more support, yeah, your group might live longer, but you're going to time out. If you don't bring as much support and go for a more damage-oriented approach, you're going to die and then time-out. It's nice to see this type of difficulty again, and I think the event is pretty fun, but unless there is some trick (And not like the non-existent AV trick that never existed in the first place) that people have not discovered yet, the time really needs to be extended to 45-60 minutes.

Quote:
Turning down PUPs and SCH's in this event is foolhardy IMO. I'm a career SMN and dearly love the job, but I will be first to admit the inane BP-timer-system-holdover-from-2004 prevents us from shining in events with strict time limits like this one. I think someone posted a testimonial of a group of 25 SMN/BSTs who were well and truly destroyed. WoE this ain't.

I went SMN as well, and one thing that SMNs do shine at is versatility. I spent the first few minutes of one of the runs curing the PLD holding turtle. Granted, a SCH could have done that as well, and more efficiently. There is one distinct advantage of SMN over SCH in this event though. When it comes time to deal damage, if a SMN happens to become double weak, they can still deal damage. If a SCH becomes double weak, they're nothing more than a cure/buff bot.

It will be interesting to see how the end strategy for this event turns out.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-04-02 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

have to stack all the enfeebs on one mob at a time for it to make a difference which will greatly favor the battle for you.

impact/frost/steps/feint//tomahawk/dia3/angon/blu debuffs/diamond storm. the list goes on and on.

pretty good place where elemental debuffs such katon or earth threnody or dnc steps will help out a lot. although i duno what a rdm is capable of enfeebling. and honestly se needs to get rid of the stupid *** luck based augment system on the HQ equipment affiliated with these zones or TELL us what are the possible augments.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-04-04 19:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
have to stack all the enfeebs on one mob at a time for it to make a difference which will greatly favor the battle for you.

impact/frost/steps/feint//tomahawk/dia3/angon/blu debuffs/diamond storm. the list goes on and on.

pretty good place where elemental debuffs such katon or earth threnody or dnc steps will help out a lot. although i duno what a rdm is capable of enfeebling. and honestly se needs to get rid of the stupid *** luck based augment system on the HQ equipment affiliated with these zones or TELL us what are the possible augments.

God this is so sad. A job's specialty, and you don't know what its capable of doing. Either your fault, the people playing the job's fault, or SE's fault. So sad. Makes me so angry to see my first and favorite job fall to the wayside so much.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-04 19:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of new NMs are immune to many RDM debuffs, that is what he meant I believe.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-04-05 20:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
A lot of new NMs are immune to many RDM debuffs, that is what he meant I believe.

that's what i meant yeah. a good amount of them have pretty high evasion/resistance to rdm enfeebs even with good gear.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-04-06 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

after some personal experience with 18 and 36 people, i believe it is safe to say the difficulty is about the same. lets just say that if you enter with 18 personal(good) ls members you can do well, if you enter with 30+ ls members(just as good with a few 2boxers and a couple of fill ins) you can expect to beat wave2 with proper management and job adjustments. however getting information of wave2 mobs is pretty hard to come by. making this setting up strategies kind of difficult.

most of the mobs in these chambers has much more restricted aoe's.

example would be wyrm wings, breath blast while in air, etc. a typical hnm wyrm can stretch it's aoe's up to 40' yalms, where the wyrms inside hall of an is only up to 15-20' yalms. this allows mages to step out of range if theyre smart. i've noticed meteor had lower range(around its target) as well as thunderbolt. a lot of the mobs in these chambers also have restricted tp usage. such as the HNM cerberus can use all of its respective tp moves, while the cerberus inside wave 1 only uses sulferous breath and gates of hades(and tail swipe with hate behind).

there are some mobs that possess incredibly high evasion in wave2, where it would make your ls's melee accuracy go below 50% if they haven't changed their gear from wave 1. wave 2 also has increased evasion of enfeebles(or immune) but i haven't been able to record which is which yet.

but the difference of evasion seems to be about the same between 18 and 36 people.

i also take about the same amount of damage between 18-36 people fights.
 Fenrir.Rekial
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-04-10 05:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had anymore experience with the boss hall?
[+]
 Fenrir.Rekial
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-04-13 04:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobs in the boss hall have a chance of dropping trophies.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-13 06:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
after some personal experience with 18 and 36 people, i believe it is safe to say the difficulty is about the same. lets just say that if you enter with 18 personal(good) ls members you can do well, if you enter with 30+ ls members(just as good with a few 2boxers and a couple of fill ins) you can expect to beat wave2 with proper management and job adjustments. however getting information of wave2 mobs is pretty hard to come by. making this setting up strategies kind of difficult.

most of the mobs in these chambers has much more restricted aoe's.

example would be wyrm wings, breath blast while in air, etc. a typical hnm wyrm can stretch it's aoe's up to 40' yalms, where the wyrms inside hall of an is only up to 15-20' yalms. this allows mages to step out of range if theyre smart. i've noticed meteor had lower range(around its target) as well as thunderbolt. a lot of the mobs in these chambers also have restricted tp usage. such as the HNM cerberus can use all of its respective tp moves, while the cerberus inside wave 1 only uses sulferous breath and gates of hades(and tail swipe with hate behind).

there are some mobs that possess incredibly high evasion in wave2, where it would make your ls's melee accuracy go below 50% if they haven't changed their gear from wave 1. wave 2 also has increased evasion of enfeebles(or immune) but i haven't been able to record which is which yet.

but the difference of evasion seems to be about the same between 18 and 36 people.

i also take about the same amount of damage between 18-36 people fights.

This is definitely true. Khimaira will not use fulmination if you attack him from behind. An easy strategy for dealing with him is to have everyone attack from the rear while a SCH/BLM stuns the spells (using alacrity). This will allow everyone to keep their shadows up full-time.

Hydra also seems easier from the rear (only uses tail). Cerb doesn't really matter; just stun gates. With that said, his gates is pretty weak so it's not a big deal if it goes off a couple times.

Range on meteor is still 30' I believe, but thunderbolt is only 15'. Only uses spells when he has spikes up so dispel those asap.

Wyrm obviously attack from the feet, including ALL mages. 1-2 RNGs needed to ground him when he flies.

Turtle is obviously easy, just time consuming. BLMs are an obvious choice, but wildfire isn't bad either. You can definitely melee zerg him down though.

Can't say much about the 2nd waves other than that apademak casts breakga, hydra nuked me with some air spell, and orthrus definitely used gates. I'm assuming he has archeron flame too.