Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-06-11 20:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated Sets:
Eviseration

Extenerator

Lv99 Str Thokcha {Found it!}

Both my weaponskill sets deal about 1000-1400 damage without food inside dynamis bubu however, Eviseration seems more consistant. I just want to say that I don't think that what i have on extenerator is better then Breeze gorget+Breeze Belt, I may be mistaken but it seems like my numbers were more consistent with it.

Another issue with my Extenerator is the fact it's hard to judge which piece is better. Such as leg piece Desultor tassets (7acc 7atk) vs Ambushers hose, head piece Deceit Mask and Anwig Salade (4str, +10accuracy, +5attack, +15 WS accuracy.) Then there is Breeze belt and gorget vs moepapa necklace and Anguinus Belt. This is all gear i have and I suppose i need a good parser to figure out what will work better.

again it's my opinion the breeze gorget+belt works really well with Extenerator, but the opinion i seen in other threads are not the same.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-11 20:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if you're looking for criticism or not, but Anwig Salade isn't doing much for you.

Edit: Also, ditch the Ungur Boomerang.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-06-11 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@Suji
Definitely looking for criticism but, I already know i need Earrings Ghille earrings (of some sort), and the WoTG earring. other then that definitely looking for opinions on what you think that works.

@Josiahkf
I generally do dynamis with a partner on decent challenges, but i allways have my second character with me which is WHM and I'm working on Twashstar so, i definitely need to start collecting gear that will help rudras

thanks for the feedback I guess ill stick Ungurs in storage and start using raiders boomerang.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-11 20:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
@Suji
Definitely looking for criticism but, I already know i need Earrings Ghille earrings (of some sort), and the WoTG earring. other then that definitely looking for opinions on what you think that works.

thanks for the feedback I guess ill stick Ungurs in storage and start using raiders boomerang.
A normal quality Ocelomeh Headpiece should be a nice boost. And regarding the boomerang, you should parse yourself in Dynamis sometime and note your evasion. If you're fighting EPs, your evasion should be capped in standard DD TP gear. For DC, I parse at 75% evasion in standard TP gear so you could use a little there, but it's not helping much. You can swap another slot if you really want to cap on them.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-06-11 21:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Evisceration -

Exenterator -

I'd throw in Tessera Saio, but I don't ever plan on getting that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Luthiene 2012-07-15 22:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Evisceration -

Exenterator -

I'd throw in Tessera Saio, but I don't ever plan on getting that.

Do these sets work for inside or outside abyssea?
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-07-15 22:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are outside. Most of my sets have completely ruled out Abyssea. I don't think Exenterator would change inside, but I imagine Evisceration would include Athos's body and legs.

The Exenterator set was changed thanks to Sylow, but I'd imagine the first set wouldn't fall too far behind if you don't have Tessera or Myrmex.
By Luthiene 2012-07-17 08:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How would a Exenterator set look like for someone who has no access to Thaumas or Legion pieces?
My current setup is:

Obvious upgrades would be Gillie Earring +1, Justiciar's Torque, and Prosilio Belt. But what about the other pieces?

Also, for Dynamis farming, without taking into account the decreased movement speed, would Dusk Gloves +1 win vs Brego Gloves on EP mobs?
By Luthiene 2012-07-26 23:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the optimal SA and TA sets these days? Does the dmg from it affect TH proc rate? I seem to see others proc TH a lot more often than I do, but maybe I'm simply unlucky or just imagining things.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-27 03:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Also, for Dynamis farming, without taking into account the decreased movement speed, would Dusk Gloves +1 win vs Brego Gloves on EP mobs?

Your set looks good, but i think Crudelis > Prosilo belt und Justicar > Agi+6 neck like you already said. For TA Excenterator i used Af1+1 Hands. The AGI boost you get from AF1+1 hands on TA is really nice for this WS

On Dynamis mobs it also depends on your whole current TP Setup, but in general a normal non-Nyzul TP setup is AF3+2 Head/Body/Hands/Legs+Af2+2 Feet. A setup with no-capped haste with Af3+2 hands wins over a capped haste setup with Brego or Dusk+1 or the Nomkahpa Mittens in overall damage.

about TH: as far as i know (and to be honest i dont care at all about it) dmg doesnt matter for a TH proc.. you really dont need to care about it. Just equip your TH gear on first hit/action and ignore TH until the mob is death and you fight next one. The difference between TH 7 and TH 8 or 9 and so on is really not great, so just stick with your initial TH and kill the mob as fast as you can, using SA and TA to enahcne your WS dmg; should not solo-use the abilitys.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [183 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Ryger
user: ryger
By Cerberus.Ryger 2013-01-26 11:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little curious on what daggers i should use for tping thf. I don't have relic or emp. I have twilight triplus superna and lux. I was thinking of getting an aluh dagger but i need some vet thfs opinions pls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-26 11:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aluh, str magian.

Or if you want to be a pretty fairy like me you can try to get an Asteria! w
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-01-26 11:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ryger said: »
I'm a little curious on what daggers i should use for tping thf. I don't have relic or emp. I have twilight triplus superna and lux. I was thinking of getting an aluh dagger but i need some vet thfs opinions pls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you're not willing to get ToM str daggers, Aluh is fine. It will actually beat Thokcha whenever you don't need the extra attack. Lux is also a decent main/off hand dagger, but below Thokcha/Aluh. For any solo situations(or simply no mage) have a Oynos dagger for offhand.
 Cerberus.Ryger
user: ryger
By Cerberus.Ryger 2013-01-26 12:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so your saying lux main and aluh sub?
 Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-01-26 12:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aluh main, Lux sub.
By Otomis 2013-01-26 12:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs Aug: 4 Acc & +3% Crit rate: no luck on better aug yet.

This is my main Evis set seems to preform well from DC - Higher lv VW stuff. I am sure it could be tweaked but gear can be very situational.

The obvious upgrade which is a very long term goal are 99relic and of hand 99 empy.

EDIT Assassin's for when AC is up of course. >.>
 Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-01-26 12:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »

Legs Aug: 4 Acc & +3% Crit rate: no luck on better aug yet.

This is my main Evis set seems to preform well from DC - Higher lv VW stuff. I am sure it could be tweaked but gear can be very situational.

The obvious upgrade which is a very long term goal are 99relic and of hand 99 empy.

EDIT Assassin's for when AC is up of course. >.>
Could be wrong, but I think Toci's and Justiciar's pulls ahead of Athos/Nefarious.
By Otomis 2013-01-26 12:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Just neck and Toci's falling far behind Athos's/Nef. on low and high end mobs. But could be becasue I am mithra with 12/12 Str/Dex Merits not sure.
By Otomis 2013-01-26 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Note:

What I have for haste set right now...

What I am dreaming about in future...

Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-01-26 14:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As any race, I have Toci's/Justiciars being best for High end mobs and Athos/Justiciars as best on low end.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2013-01-26 15:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my main dd tp setup when not THing something. For some reason the stupid neck piece keeps changing back to my old one even though its saved.

By kaddisfly 2013-01-26 16:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious as to how many of you have bothered with evasion Thokchas? I'm currently sitting on an evasion Kila+2 and I'm wondering if I should even bother finishing it (40 Breeze Geodes + 15 Garudite) or start focusing on a STR Thokcha?
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-01-26 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just buy Aluh. I haven't found a situation where I need an agi thokcha. Anything I'm duoing is easy enough that a hybrid evasion set works and anything that would require a full evasion set is probably being tanked by the real dd's.
By Otomis 2013-01-26 16:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kaddisfly said: »
Curious as to how many of you have bothered with evasion Thokchas? I'm currently sitting on an evasion Kila+2 and I'm wondering if I should even bother finishing it (40 Breeze Geodes + 15 Garudite) or start focusing on a STR Thokcha?

I made one but stopped using it so much since I got fire.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-26 16:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a couple incomplete evasions ones made. Evasion went out the window around level cap when the only strong monsters to be fought were in abyssea where we have limitless mp.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-26 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
kaddisfly said: »

I made one but stopped using it so much since I got fire.
Same. Made two actually back at 80 cap. +2'd them both at 90 cap. Finished one at 99 cap, but then later on I decided to take my dagger jobs more seriously I bought Aluh and did a STR Dagger. Now my Agi Thokcha sits in my mog house collecting dust
 Asura.Kurriko
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-01-27 07:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have one for utility, but it's not my main DD dagger. It comes out on stuff I'm not eva capped on (certain NMs etc) or if I'm tanking linked DC dyna mobs (because without signet bonus I sware I'm not eva capped on them...).

I don't regret making it at all, even if it doesn't get much use.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-27 07:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
I would just buy Aluh. I haven't found a situation where I need an agi thokcha. Anything I'm duoing is easy enough that a hybrid evasion set works and anything that would require a full evasion set is probably being tanked by the real dd's.
You make it sound like real DD`s have evasion lol if thf isn't capping evasion on a mob then a war defiantly isn't.

All jobs can cap pdt/mdt so that's not even an issue, besides raw dmg I see no difference between a thf tank and a DD, other than the DD`s needing more healing.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-27 16:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an evasion Kila +2 from about two years ago that I'm finally going to finish since it seems like the evasion will actually be useful on HQ Hydra in ZR2.