You Know Your Parents Got To You When....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » You Know Your Parents Got To You When....
You Know Your Parents Got To You When....
First Page 2 3 4 5

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:55:00
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Hard not to be excessively cynical these days, but at the same time it's all the more reason to celebrate and appreciate the things and people around you that matter and make things not so shitty. I hope you have something that you can look up to or be inspired from.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 02:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Ew dude. Ew. :x

Dont knock it til you try it, man. Delicious. :X
 Fairy.Filielle
Server: Fairy
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Everyone I know refuses to try them, but my brothers and I were raised on these things. My mom ate them as a kid, and her mom at them as a kid, and I will make them for my kids.

Theyre awesome. Just try them, I swear.

Yeah, they subside all the acids in the Cucumber itself. Doesn't do much into my Ulcerations.
 Bahamut.Delsol
Server: Bahamut
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-05-12 02:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What kinda of pickles do you use?
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-12 02:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
This is how we become our own brand or special blend of human. We take the virtues of those around us and bring them unto ourselves and resist the flaws that drag us down.

Looking at our parents allows us hopefully to see what kind of parents we want to be, I know this isn't always true, there are many who grow up with abusive parents and then themselves become abusive towards their children. But when I look at my parents I don't want to be like either, my dad was way to lenient and let me get away with anything and everything, never yelled at me, grounded me or punished me in anyway. Where my mom was the total opposite, very strict and punished me for just about everything she could think of. I would hope that if I become a parent, I'm in the middle of that. Reward for good behavior, punishment for bad. I also don't want to be like my mother in the fact that she has maybe 5 times in my life showed affection for me, and once... yes just once, told me that she loved me. Where my dad has always been like that, a hug or an I love you when we hang up on the phone.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:57:26

Alijah said:
Bartimaeus said:
Ew dude. Ew. :x

Dont knock it til you try it, man. Delicious. :X

My mind is already processing the tastes individually, and when the thought process of combining them my brain pulls a MGS with a "!" and rejects the whole thing.

Sorry man, that just sounds gross, and you'd have to pay me or have me shitfaced drunk to try it.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Delsol said:
Usually the Kosher Dill Halves :3
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 02:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Delsol said:

Dill pickles are best, the whole crunchy kind. Chop them into thin slices, like a tomato (peanut butter and tomato - NOT recommended).

I know how gross it must sound, but it's something with the acid of the pickles with the sweetness of the peanut butter that just works. :X Kinda like M&Ms and Popcorn, or something.

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Everyone I know refuses to try them, but my brothers and I were raised on these things. My mom ate them as a kid, and her mom at them as a kid, and I will make them for my kids.

Theyre awesome. Just try them, I swear.

gross.
thats another thing i probably got from my parents, they wouldnt feed me anything but like .... pasta ... when i was little. so 1. im afraid to try new foods and 2. i dont like that many foods, so there are a lot of foods i wont eat and never will

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 03:01:27

Alijah said:
I know how gross it must sound, but it's something with the acid of the pickles with the sweetness of the peanut butter that just works. :X Kinda like M&Ms and Popcorn, or something.

Best combo of conflicting tastes in my opinion would probably be Kettle Corn, or those awesome fudged coated salty pretzels. Mmmmm :3

Oh and in case it hasn't been said already, if you can't relate to your parents, feel free to tell us how you detached and became your own person expressed through your own virtues.
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 03:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were on my server, I'd seriously offer you gil to try it. I promise, everyone who can get past the squick loves it. xD

Also, on a serious note, my mom instilled a great sense of acceptance, I guess I could say. Is that the right word? As in, to her, everyone was a person. Black, white, gay, straight, transsexual, religious or not. She'd let us swear in the house, but if we made a "***" joke she'd beat the daylights out of us.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 03:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:
My father was a farmer, my mother was the daughter of the richest guy in the city and I'm a internet junky ^_^

My dad is a Vietnam War Veteran hero as well as an immediate line from the original last emperor of china that bore the name, "Chen"; That & my mother is considered as someone that liberated the Philippines to a revolution of freedom bearing & peace.

My brother is a Iraq War Hero & still so does his own job under the Coast Guard Duties.

& all these morals are founded strongly when we can all prove ourselves together as better than what kept us down by overcoming what there isn't.
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-12 03:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama trying new foods can be a fun experiment :D (though I don't suggest peanut butter and pickles)

LoL sorry that just sounds... gross, I like both very much, just not together. But then I've been told cold leftovers are gross and they should be warmed up... same with canned pasta from the can... When it comes to getting something to eat I don't have the patience usually to wait for the damn microwave so I just eat it cold.
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 03:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha I didnt think I'd be able to sway anyone into trying it, but it was worth a shot! If any of you get drunk and munchy though, think of me. ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 03:04:27

Alijah said:
If you were on my server, I'd seriously offer you gil to try it. I promise, everyone who can get past the squick loves it. xD

Also, on a serious note, my mom instilled a great sense of acceptance, I guess I could say. Is that the right word? As in, to her, everyone was a person. Black, white, gay, straight, transsexual, religious or not. She's let us swear in the house, but if we made a "***" joke she'd beat the daylights out of us.

Tolerance and open minded hospitality are great virtues to have. On the first note... Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? x_x
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 03:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:
Houshisama trying new foods can be a fun experiment :D (though I don't suggest peanut butter and pickles)

LoL sorry that just sounds... gross, I like both very much, just not together. But then I've been told cold leftovers are gross and they should be warmed up... same with canned pasta from the can... When it comes to getting something to eat I don't have the patience usually to wait for the damn microwave so I just eat it cold.

Amara... Don't get me started What Eric Brenn did to Amanda Bynes due to his power & money of the time.

She is still such a strong lady that I had the honor to speak with at Tofu's House Party (Jimmy Page's party);
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 03:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Either works, it's all about personal preference. :3 I prefer Crunchy, myself.

Great topic, by the way, it's nice to see serious discussion other than, "lolz you use nq? noob" or "soandso hacked my account!"
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-12 03:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
On the first note... Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? x_x

O.o are you seriously considering trying it?

Alija said:
Also, on a serious note, my mom instilled a great sense of acceptance, I guess I could say. Is that the right word? As in, to her, everyone was a person. Black, white, gay, straight, transsexual, religious or not. She's let us swear in the house, but if we made a "***" joke she'd beat the daylights out of us.

My parents are the opposite... racial jokes and everything, my brother is very much like them. I'm the opposite of them all... Lemme tell you... didn't go over well at all when I told them I was gay.... >.>
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 03:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:
Artemicion said:
On the first note... Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? x_x

Alija said:

My parents are the opposite... racial jokes and everything, my brother is very much like them. I'm the opposite of them all... Lemme tell you... didn't go over well at all when I told them I was gay.... >.>

*** sounds like a good idea; <afk-ish>
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 03:09:29

Amara said:

I had a few jack & cokes but I'm nowhere near smashed enough to even remotely consider it. Just curious what combination was used in such an abomination.
 Bahamut.Delsol
Server: Bahamut
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-05-12 03:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyone that is to much like there parent that they dont get along very well with them? With me it was just me and my mom, and she shes very independent and very stubborn. I am the same way, sadly I cant stand being around my mom for more then a couple hours
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 03:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:

You know, it's funny you say that. My house was very open-minded (minus a southern racist stepfather that I despised growing up) and in spite of that, my brother tends to be a bit of a 'black sheep' in that he tends to have slightly racist feelings towards certain peoples.

I guess it could be 1 tic mark under "Nature" in the Nature vs Nurture arguement, perhaps. :x

Delsol said:
Is there anyone that is to much like there parent that they dont get along very well with them? With me it was just me and my mom, and she shes very independent and very stubborn. I am the same way, sadly I cant stand being around my mom for more then a couple hours

I love my mom, and Im exactly like her: temper and sarcasm alike. So naturally, we tend to get along a lot better when we're not living together. We get along great when I 'visit' there, but any longer than a week or two and we're at each others throats.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 03:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Amara said:

I had a few jack & cokes but I'm nowhere near smashed enough to even remotely consider it. Just curious what combination was used in such an abomination.

Vitamin C can do a lot of wonders :3
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 03:13:57

Filielle said:
Artemicion said:
Amara said:

A screwdriver? Good idea!
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 03:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Filielle said:
Artemicion said:
Amara said:

A screwdriver? Good idea!

Lol, thnx man; I owe a lot of gratitude to many people, but only can do so to admit their misbehavior problems.

At least when it starts off from a Consenant, people can question how to keep mixing things that don't explode; lol.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 03:17:08

Filielle said:

Lol, thnx man; I owe a lot of gratitude to many people, but only can do so to admit their misbehavior problems.

At least when it starts off from a Consenant, people can question how to keep mixing things that don't explode; lol.

No worries, the only things I'll be mixing tonight will be orange juice and vodka~

Ninja edit: I think that's my cue to call it a night. Have fun discussing and chatting my friends. I'll see you all later~
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-12 03:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
No worries, the only things I'll be mixing tonight will be orange juice and vodka~

That's the main thing I do opposite from my mom, dad and stepdad... I hardly drink. Part of why I moved out on my own the first time too.

Mixing = bad!!! At least when it comes to vodka and beer @_@;; such a bad morning after.