Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Beaucedine attest pop item drops
Beaucedine attest pop item drops
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-03-25 22:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished my 5x Dagourmarche trial yesterday. I was lucky with the hydra pop items and finished the trial in 1 dyna session solo.

As for the strategy for the fight, it really is pretty easy. You should be using yuly for this fight. Falcorr works also but he's not as evasive as yuly and you'll end up using more pet food.

What I did for the fight was pop the NM and send your pet in. Wait until he spawns the wyvern. Usually takes about 5 secs. Engage and start TP'ing. Wait until he starts casting for his avatar and ruinator while he's casting. Takes a while for him to cast so you'll be safe. Snarl and that should cement hate on your pet for the fight. Don't worry about spamming your fight command as you'll be doing most of the damage. Only thing you need to watch for his Astral flow which will do 600-1000 dmg. He also uses grim halo which can do 400-500 dmg. Have 5 steps comming into the fight and heal yourself right after astral flow in case he uses those 2 moves back to back. Spam ruinator and snarl when it's up and he should go down in 4-5 mins. You might end up using 2-3 pet food during the fight.
By Astarion 2012-03-25 22:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duzell said: »
Actually we should set something up, my wife is on the x5 trial for dagomarche for her gungnir so if times work out we could probably help out also.

Great!!! And if you have multiple pops I should be able to get 1 attestation at least. let me know when. I live in Australia so might be a bit hard during the week, but I'm flexible this weekend. And I'm moving next week so best to get it done this weekend. I'll farm another pop item tonight (hopefully).

Thanks for the tip Phunkism. I'll give it a go if I have to do it solo. Like I said, wasn't prepared with expensive pet food (was using Deltas and relying on regen for farming), Dawn Mulsims and meds. I would have won had I had ways of healing the pet. And I guess coming in with full TP and 5 steps would help.
 Leviathan.Duzell
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-25 22:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

by this weekend i hope you mean coming weekend since on this side of the world the weekend is already almost over. Personally we end up being night owls even though we dont mean to be. I'm really lousy adjusting for time difference outside the americas so well need to work out time. if its on the 31 me and sephina can try a few runs sometime during the week to get pops for the weekend, then we can just get TEs and pop 3 of them.
By Astarion 2012-03-25 22:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I mean this coming weekend, because I'm actually ahead of you. It's Monday afternoon here and I am writing this from work. And it's now 2.40pm over here.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 23:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

word just let me know
By Astarion 2012-03-26 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got another pop item from the first drg hydra I killed last night. I'm a lucky boy. So I'm ready for the NM trials now Duzell, let me know when you would like to do a run. If over the weekend preferrably Friday night (as it's Sat my time and I have all day), or Saturday (Sun my time). I am moving on Monday (sunday your time) so it's not a good day for me.
 Leviathan.Duzell
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-26 20:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Saturday here would be best for us.
How about 9:00 pm central time?
By Astarion 2012-03-27 18:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just checked. 9pm your time should be 1pm Sunday (or 12 noon, seeing as our daylight savings finishes that day) so I'll be online at that time so we can get this done!
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-28 13:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You guys are taking a thf right? Its a bad drop rate..with TH?

took DRK SAM THF and a mule WHM, TH9-10 and drop was REALLY bad
By ryujinsephy 2012-03-31 06:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, this is Duzell's wife. Just wanted to let you know we just got through farming 2 pop items for when we go later. Hopefully we can pop it 3-5 times at least getting your paper and maybe my trial done at the same time. Looking forward to working together.
By Astarion 2012-04-02 23:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Duzell and Sephina for helping me get my attestation. I have farmed a pop with my friend Aussie last night. He will be in contact with you guys to kill the NM same time this coming weekend. I am moving interstate tomorrow and won't have the net for about 2 weeks, so good luck!