2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Beaucedine attest pop item drops
Beaucedine attest pop item drops
First Page 2
By Astarion 2012-03-24 08:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there. I have just attempted to farm the Traitor's Fortune for the nm that drops the attestation for Guttler. Wiki and BG says bst/drg/smn hydras drop them. However after a full run of killing various hydras, not a single pop of any type dropped.

Does it drop from the EP hydra or DC? Is it normal to get such a lousy drop rate? Does proccing affect how often they drop?
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-03-24 08:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

WHen I went for my despot fortune for the shield it was a pretty low drop rate. Mobs weren't proc friendly but if its like relic armor, proc doesnt seem to affect that. Only currency.
I farmed EP hyrda. Maybe DCs might have higher drop rates to adjust for difficulty. It would need testing to find out.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-03-24 08:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Astarion said: »
Hi there. I have just attempted to farm the Traitor's Fortune for the nm that drops the attestation for Guttler. Wiki and BG says bst/drg/smn hydras drop them. However after a full run of killing various hydras, not a single pop of any type dropped.

Does it drop from the EP hydra or DC? Is it normal to get such a lousy drop rate? Does proccing affect how often they drop?

Drop rates just suck I been killing both the EP/DC's with people and i'm lucky if ~3 will drop before the 2hour kick out, just keep at it and hope stupid nm drops the right paper
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-03-24 08:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We had 12 ppl in zone, took us 1.5 hrs to get 5. Decent and easy prey both drop.

It's just a horrible drop rate
 Asura.Catsidhe
Server: Asura
user: Catsidhe
By Asura.Catsidhe 2012-03-24 16:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my paper on 2nd mob.Then today went to pop it and low and behold in the tower was no ???.I checked all the other towers and they had ??? in for other parchments.Srsly ***
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-03-24 16:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

May help to bribe/pay/befriend a THF to come with you. We had 3 in our group, one being a THF, and joined up with others farming for trials kills. In a few rounds of killing all the mobs we had more pop items than we could hold on ~10-12 people.

Asura.Catsidhe said: »
I got my paper on 2nd mob.Then today went to pop it and low and behold in the tower was no ???.I checked all the other towers and they had ??? in for other parchments.Srsly ***

If you had the correct tower, it's possible someone was running it around to kill it. I've seen SMN and BST soloing them before and they always pull them away to a safer spot so they don't need to worry about aggroing mobs right by their spawn points.
 Asura.Psubond
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2012-03-24 16:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

crappy drop rate. i have gotten them without proc but that may have been luck
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-24 17:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

last night i finished helping friend do this apoc NM in glacier and the EP mobs drop for it sucked bad but the DC ones was better, however the drop rate does suck.

we had to farm over 2 days, got 4 traitor's daidexts and something else and only 2 for apoc NM farming the EP mobs 2nd night we got 3 drom the DC mobs in less time.

the DC mobs suck to kill but have the better drop rate imo. proc wise it dont matter can get with and without proc
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-24 17:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are taking a thf right? Its a bad drop rate..with TH?
 Asura.Psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2012-03-24 18:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

had th3 from pet and it was still horrid drop rate. we were wiping them as fast as they were popping and got 4 in 2 hrs (3 guttler bst)
By Astarion 2012-03-24 18:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess it's back to the grind then. The dc mobs were horrible and Yuly couldn't tank them, so I guess i'll stick to EP.

Is the bst nm difficult to solo? I'm thinking of using Nazuna and pop Sheep song then concerntrate on the nm.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-03-24 19:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catsidhe said: »
I'm not sure which NM you were after but Quiebitiel doesn't spawn inside a tower. I'm not sure how many other NMs don't spawn inside towers. I know most of them do, but if that's the one you're looking for the ??? is at the pond on the lowest level. (close to Batallia Downs-ish)
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-24 19:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psubond said: »
had th3 from pet and it was still horrid drop rate. we were wiping them as fast as they were popping and got 4 in 2 hrs (3 guttler bst)

lol rly.
 Bahamut.Razorback
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-03-24 19:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess it's back to the grind then. The dc mobs were horrible and Yuly couldn't tank them, so I guess i'll stick to EP.

Is the bst nm difficult to solo? I'm thinking of using Nazuna and pop Sheep song then concerntrate on the nm.

I don't think sheep song would be good. Better off going with Falcorr. High eva, high attack and attack rate. If you're worried about links, use sheep to pull then leave and set falcor on it.
I've never attempted attestation NM solo on bst but the pld/rdm/war one was pretty squishy. I'd say they're in the lv.80s and havent been updated since the changes.
 Asura.Psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2012-03-24 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Asura.Psubond said: »

lol rly.

lol rly what?
 Leviathan.Duzell
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-24 20:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with TH7+ its a lousy drop rate for relic pops, better off with the EP ones, they die faster and don't hit as hard.
By Astarion 2012-03-25 18:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. Was lucky last night. First drg Hydra dropped the pop... so I decided to try the NM with about 15 mins left. Used Yuly, 2hr and Run Wild. Just focused on the NM, it had its wyvern and Fenrir out. Got it down to about 25% before Yuly dies and they come for me and got killed in seconds. Astral Flow only did about 800 to me, so I could survive it. Guess I wasn't prepared enough.

I think Nazuna is still the way to go, since the NM was tougher than I thought. Just keep sleeping the pets and focus on the NM, so if Nazuna has to die the pets don't all jump on me at once. Does this sound like an ok strategy?

Now back to farming hydras with their horrendously low drop rate. Next time I'll be prepared with Mulsums and meds I guess.
 Leviathan.Duzell
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-25 18:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw a turtle at it, bring dawn muslims and a regain axe and 2hr your pet, you should be able to kill it in 15 mins without issue, probably even melee with it so long as you dont take hate (to avoid charm), and that turtle isn't going to die on you like the ladybug. Bring a Vile Elixer +1 if your intent on soloing it to quickly recover from astral flow.

Side note, When I did this NM for my wife we went in as a small party, BST SMN RDM THF. Worked well, could have done without any 1 person but it was easy and consistant and fast kills. The THF only hit it once to put TH7 on then fell back, and RDM kept slow and para on it as well as sleeping the pets. Don't know what jobs and friends you have available to help but if you can get 2-3 more people your better off for efficency.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 18:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont understand why you'd 2 hour your pet, doesn't that only give it hp?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-25 18:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack speed.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 18:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

capped haste from gears i see no dif or a reason to 2 hour with a jug pet please explain
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 19:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

also a bit confused from the run wild your pet leave in 4 mins if you dont have a backup bst wouldn't that negate the 15mins you get to fight ?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-25 19:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What's pet haste cap at?
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 19:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

was always told 15%
edit: not trolling but actually looking for more info
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-25 19:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Familiar gives +25%, and I'm not personally sure that's cap.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 19:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

not for master, pet cap is dif is it not?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-25 19:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Familiar only affects the pet, yes. And I've never seen anything on pet haste capping at 15%. In fact, unless something new was added, 14% is the max achievable right now in gear.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-03-25 19:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

14% yes is what I'm at sorry was going off top of head, not trying to derail thread by any means but am interested now. can't find any source actually that gives a pet haste cap. I've always gone under the assumption it was 15% and that 2 hour did nothing for jug pets but a small amount of hp. My info was from another bst i've seen around that was a mythic/relic holder i just assumed he knew what he was talking about, very possible i misunderstood the 15% cap just as simple as being that's all you can equip. Although this was a sum years ago and most gear now did not apply.
edit: also could you show me info where 2 hour effects attack speed all info i find on any bst forum states only increases hp by a minimal amount.
edit: also to asta if your levi hit me up with a /tell i'll be more than glad to give you a hand, i'm est play time smack me up.
By Astarion 2012-03-25 20:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Frotaut said: »
also a bit confused from the run wild your pet leave in 4 mins if you dont have a backup bst wouldn't that negate the 15mins you get to fight ?

I had underestimated the NM, since everyone here saying it's easy (although that's relative) and I thought it couldn't have been much tougher than other normal Dynamis NMs, therefore I thought 5 minutes was enough to kill it

As for using 2hr. Why not? What else am I going to use it on? Can't charm in Dynamis, might as well give it whatever boost it'll get.

I have a couple of friends... but I don't like asking people for help, especially when helping me means they're losing out on the 100-something coins they'd normally get by soloing that day. That's why I'm trying to solo it. If needed I can probably get a WHM or THF to help. But since the Attest isn't a 100% drop anyway, I don't want to have to deal with "you want me to help with that again?"s.

Edit: Thanks Frotaut. I am on Leviathan. I've done old school Dynamis with you a couple of times (with Willoflame's ls) and I've seen you AFK in Jeuno a lot. Might send you a tell if I need help. Thanks again.
 Leviathan.Duzell
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-25 20:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually we should set something up, my wife is on the x5 trial for dagomarche for her gungnir so if times work out we could probably help out also.
First Page 2