Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Best stardiver set
Best stardiver set
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
By Ophannus 2012-12-30 04:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is 15.75 ATK worth 3 STR and 3% DA?

For Stardiver, yes.

Use Motenten's spreadsheets, they're pretty easy to use.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [104 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-13 00:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on OAT Polearm, but this is what I'm using for DRG atm. Managed to have a friend and a friend of a friend to make the polearm.

ItemSet 182363
20TP for 5 hit
ItemSet 296595
For whatever reason, I can't add Karieyh Brayettes to the itemset...

Obvious upgrade is Flame Pearl to Vulcan's Pearl or Kokou's Earring. Anything else I should look for? I could maybe swap out Mars's Ring for Tyrant's Ring and Rose Strap for Pole Grip.
 Bahamut.Kiralai
user: Kiralai
By Bahamut.Kiralai 2013-04-13 01:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd make the swap from Rose Strap to Pole Grip like you said. You shouldn't need the Tyrant's ring because Chauve-souris' delay is a bit higher than the "standard" 492. As far as I can tell (with FFXI Calculator, I've never actually used Chauve-souris myself) you'd be able to maintain 5-hit without the Rose Strap/Tyrant's ring. You may want to consider Karieyh Moufles for TP. It lacks the 5 attack, but you'd gain 14 DEX and 5 accuracy, and you could ditch the added enmity. I WS in Potestas over Thew.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-13 02:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current TP set up for DRG:
ItemSet 289182

And this is my current WS set:
ItemSet 289263

Granted in my WS set, i do need to make a few changes such as Candent Ring and upgrading to Mekira-oto +1.

I had another 5 Hit TP build, but it wasn't an optimal set by any means, since it wasn't close to my current TP set, but it was fun to see if it would be plausible to do with different gear choices.

In my TP set, i chose to go with the Rose Strap because it gave me the option of moving from a 6 hit to a 5 hit - and of course I'm still in the process of seeing what changes i can still make to move back to a Pole Grip or Duplus Grip (if i ever get one) and still maintain 5 hit.

The Hagnaeia Stone seems like a plausible idea, but that actually leaves me bordering between 5 and 6 hit, meaning i would need to make up atleast 1STP elsewhere.
This may sound like E-peening, which is not the intent, however, depending on the content and mobs i face off against, my Stardivers reach a spike of close to 6k outside abyssea, with an average of 3k+ (with the exception of piercing resistant mobs like Narakas and so forth)

Edit: I should comment on this from some previous necro bumps i recently read: While Stardiver does indeed lack the natural attack power for it's primary user, DRG, the STR+12 and DA+3%, heavily depending on the rest of your WS build, will beat Ogier's AND Avant +1. I tested this first hand, and my over-all ws damage increased with that one piece. Now that i have the 2 primary pieces of Ares +1 (for both Reso and Stardiver) i can swap in Ares' Flanchard +1 and Ares's Gauntlets +1 to replace the Whirlwind/Avant +1/Lancer's legs, and the Lancer's Vambraces +2 (which results in a DA loss of +4%, but gain TA+2% for spike damage.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-04-13 02:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Could do something like:

ItemSet 296605

Relies on same amount of Stp you already WS in minus rose strap. And if no phos belt+1 can settle for NQ or bullwhip belt and 25% haste.

Edit: That also only relies on landing the first hit. Making all additional hits TP overflow.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-13 02:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sonoske said: »
Could do something like:

ItemSet 296605

Relies on same amount of Stp you already WS in minus rose strap. And if no phos belt+1 can settle for NQ or bullwhip belt and 25% haste.

Edit: That also only relies on landing the first hit. Making all additional hits TP overflow.
This was in reply to my post, correct? It's a potentially plausible idea, however, i had already looked into that set and mine had actually come out on top by a fair bit.

It's a good set to have if you can make it work, but that 1% haste will dog you in endgame content, where DRG already has almost no role at all aside from Angon... which should also be fully merited for the 25% effect from Relic +2 gloves.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-04-13 02:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It was and just throwing out the idea. I personally have nothing against rose strap when I play my DRG but mine uses OAT. Which makes the Pole/Duplus not quite as desirable, I guess you could say. hehe
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-13 03:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kiralai said: »
I'd make the swap from Rose Strap to Pole Grip like you said. You shouldn't need the Tyrant's ring because Chauve-souris' delay is a bit higher than the "standard" 492. As far as I can tell (with FFXI Calculator, I've never actually used Chauve-souris myself) you'd be able to maintain 5-hit without the Rose Strap/Tyrant's ring. You may want to consider Karieyh Moufles for TP. It lacks the 5 attack, but you'd gain 14 DEX and 5 accuracy, and you could ditch the added enmity. I WS in Potestas over Thew.

Yeah that's true wasn't factoring in the higher delay on OAT. Though if I got a Herja's Fork... >_>; But anyway, I thought about what you said with the hands. I suppose I should do that.
By Solrain 2013-04-13 03:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
For whatever reason, I can't add Karieyh Brayettes to the itemset...

You can put the item number in the "Add item:" box, 28205 for those. It's probably not adding them because they added that s to the end a few days ago and it defaults to the one without the s.
By Ophannus 2013-04-13 04:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they add an 's' to it? I was wondering why I stopped seeing them in my WS set whenever I stardivered, went back into my XML and saw the s was missing the other day(but recalled swapping into them last week perfectly fine). I thought I had gone crazy.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-13 13:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Karieyh Haubert for Stardiver?

Karieyh Haubert Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:79 STR+18 DEX+18 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+2%
LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-04-13 14:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phorcys should still beat it, without even the increased dmg on first hit, phorcys still has more attack than Karieyh Haubert.

but if you don't have phorcys, Karieyh is solid.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-13 15:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is what makes the Karieyh Haubert competitive with Phorcys would be the Double Attack +2%, however, like Ghaleon said, the Phorcys Korazin should still come out on top.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-04-13 22:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My current set atm til I finish Ryu. Going to remove Brutal for kokou's then.

ItemSet 267047
 Leviathan.Tharon
Server: Leviathan
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2013-04-28 08:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current TP set
ItemSet 282217

and Stardiver set
ItemSet 282218

I don't have Mala for the simple fact that after 112 kills I'm tired of trying for it. Also Relic is 99 not 75.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-28 09:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make the wep 99 in your sets by entering the item ID in the set rather than the item name. You can find the ID in the address for each item. for example, 99 gungnir.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19752/gungnir

19752 would be the ID.
By Ophannus 2013-04-28 12:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have virtually the same sets as you Tharon though I recommend Rose Strap simply because it puts you at 21% TP per hit in your TP phase. With our WS sets a 4 hit Stardiver nets us 20% TP which means if you miss a hit you'd only get 19% back. That 21% TP in your TP set would prevent you from having 98-99% TP after a 3 hit Stardiver, which is still a 5-10% occurrence depending on what you're fighting.
By Ophannus 2013-04-29 00:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For Drakesbane...Karieyh or Grandoyne?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-29 05:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
For Drakesbane...Karieyh or Grandoyne?

Depends on mob, Karieyh for ones where you don't need accuracy, AF3+2 when you do (Legion or other 120 mobs).

ItemSet 298835

Thats for lower end mobs, haven't put up the higher end one yet (This is a Ryuno set though, hence the lack of brutal). Drachenhorn & Huginn Gamb would obviously win in the above set.
 Leviathan.Tharon
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2013-04-29 07:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I have virtually the same sets as you Tharon though I recommend Rose Strap simply because it puts you at 21% TP per hit in your TP phase. With our WS sets a 4 hit Stardiver nets us 20% TP which means if you miss a hit you'd only get 19% back. That 21% TP in your TP set would prevent you from having 98-99% TP after a 3 hit Stardiver, which is still a 5-10% occurrence depending on what you're fighting.

Yeah 99% of the time I have my SCH mule with Adloquium up on myself.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-29 07:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of miss the old way of itemsets staying as a "screenshot" of the gear you had when you put it in. The updating itemsets are nice but it makes some of these discussions feel like a ghost town 2-3 days later.
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-29 07:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I kind of miss the old way of itemsets staying as a "screenshot" of the gear you had when you put it in. The updating itemsets are nice but it makes some of these discussions feel like a ghost town 2-3 days later.

It is kinda crappy really, you just see empty boxes from sets that were deleted...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-05-26 02:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, but I notice a lot of the item sets I've seen don't contain a lot of ACC unless specified for some reason. On the whole(and nonGungnir), do you just focus on STR and ATT or should you balance it out with ACC?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-26 02:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For the newer content, do any of you DRGs do /WAR with that 390ish delay Polearm from Delve? That thing *** with my STP so hard it's 15TP a hit from my 492 set... I figured it'd be better to just /war for Berserk and Aggressor. But thought I'd ask first.
 Asura.Starstress
Server: Asura
By Asura.Starstress 2013-05-27 09:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
For the newer content, do any of you DRGs do /WAR with that 390ish delay Polearm from Delve? That thing *** with my STP so hard it's 15TP a hit from my 492 set... I figured it'd be better to just /war for Berserk and Aggressor. But thought I'd ask first.

I've done /war with the new pole and honestly I miss the STP/Hasso, really depends on the zone tho. Also how much STP you are able to pack in your set without messing up haste/etc. Really tho its your own preference cause can do really good #'s in Mori zone with /war. Also depends on your buffers/if getting haste/etc :)
 Asura.Chanceikin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chanceikin 2013-05-27 09:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can 6-hit the delve polearm, it's not easy but it can be done without losing strings of damage. Asperity Neck and Mikinaak Greaves make it a lot easier. If you can manage to 6-hit it, you'll like it.

It's not a true 6-hit, and requires like 15 STP in your WS set to maintain.
By Ophannus 2013-05-27 19:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

With Hasso, Haste and 2x Marches with the Ophidian Polearm, I have Hundred Fists attack speed, I never stop swinging, it's mad. In some ways I like it more than 492 delay with 20tp/hit, my swing speed is so crazy. Even though I'm not hitting as hard as a Bloodbath Axe, I seem to parse the same or better than them anyway due to the DPS of the lance( DPS of the Ophidian Lance=Bloodbath=Bereaver)
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-27 19:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for the complete lack of attack compared to either of those jobs

Regardless, until DRG gets a native attack or attack speed JA, /WAR is never ok
By Ophannus 2013-05-27 20:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless VW, /WAR pretty much never. Especially now that Attack doesn't matter much because standard fare buffs are Chaos Roll, 2x Ghorn Minuets and Dia III+angon
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-27 20:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

/WAR isn't ok for VW, either
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11