Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-16 10:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Narb said: »
This clearly >_>;
I am not coming up with any better build tbh.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-06-16 14:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
This clearly >_>;

Its not hard to read through the past few pages yanno...
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-16 21:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
This clearly >_>;

Its not hard to read through the past few pages yanno...
Thought this would be the best place to ask, What are people using for there Embrava set on DRG with OAT 5hitting?

Bump anyone got any idea's?

Um... I am talking about Embrava builds not normal TP builds.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-16 21:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honest question here but what could you even change while embravaed? Take out some sTP gear? You'd still take minuets over marches, especially on drg so I don't see what major changes you'd consider.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-16 21:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Honest question here but what could you even change while embravaed? Take out some sTP gear? You'd still take minuets over marches, especially on drg so I don't see what major changes you'd consider.

anything that adds QA/TA/DA pretty much. (can supplement storetp gears since regain, just make sure you still cap gear haste.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-16 21:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread your post. No wonder it wasn't making sense to me.

Multihit gear as mentioned above, though gear to increase white damage (str/attack/crit) may also be worth considering depending on relative increases.
By Narb 2012-06-18 02:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the set I made would be the best you could get in all honesty >_>;
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-26 00:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is What I was thinking of using for Embrava Until I can get Bynrie, Need to update earring too.
By Mithril20 2012-07-04 10:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon TP.

Dragoon Stardiver. Hecatomb Feet Augmented +3 str, polearm skill +4

Wondering if there's anything more to improve on besides WotG earring and Mala. Also was reading how the str +6 mantle beat out atheling when /war any truth to that? and if so wouldnt Cerb +1 > Atheling when /war due the att on it compared to just str +6? Thanks in advance for you're guys input :)
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-07-04 10:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithril20 said: »
Dragoon TP.

Wondering if there's anything more to improve on besides WotG earring and Mala. Also was reading how the str +6 mantle beat out atheling when /war any truth to that? and if so wouldnt Cerb +1 > Atheling when /war due the att on it compared to just str +6? Thanks in advance for you're guys input :)

The thought is STR+2 will do more for you than attk +whatever when attack is capped. I don't really see dragoon having capped attack on any new content unless with double minuets+chaos roll. So I don't think anyone would be angry with you if you did not bother with fortis mantle.
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-07-10 21:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Which of the Occ. Att. polearms is the best OaT, 2-4 or the DBL Att+8?
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2012-07-10 21:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oat by far.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-07-10 21:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said: »
Oat by far.
Thought so just wanted to make sure before I start it.^^
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-07-15 15:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithril20 said: »
Dragoon TP.

Wondering if there's anything more to improve on besides WotG earring and Mala. Also was reading how the str +6 mantle beat out atheling when /war any truth to that? and if so wouldnt Cerb
Assuming you're /sam, you only get 49 stp . You need 52 for a 5hit.
You should grab a phorcys head to get the last stp you need.

Also, could swap body/heands and get porthos byrnie/ogier hands instead. You'll lose some attack and some acc, but you'll get 2TA.

And I was wondering if you take off phortos legs and replace them by calmecac trousers + a rose strap. You would lose a huge ammount of attack, for only 2 TA. Is it worth it?

By Ophannus 2012-07-15 19:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The TA should win out in the end since TA increases WS frequency and Attack does not. For certain jobs this axiom is reversed like for example THF, with their ultra fast hit rate, 15-20 attack > 3-4% DA for example since they swing so fast that 15-20 attack can account for a pretty decent chunk of their DoT. Since we're DRGs and we swing moderately slow the DA/TA/QA is gonna help us more than attack will and unlike THF/NIN/DNC, most of our damage does not come from white damage. Although you have a Ryunohige, white damage might be a bit more profound actually.
By Lahant 2012-08-07 07:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
1.) Equip elemental belt
2.) Equip matching gorget
3.) :3!

Does the combo ele-gorget/belt only work when based on the same element?
I’m using Shadow Gorget and Light Belt…..
/panic
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-08-07 07:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They do not have to match.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-07 07:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

By Lahant 2012-08-07 09:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
They do not have to match.
thanks m(_ _)m
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-10-04 10:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

just a quick question i use oaT polearm and stardiver, but for the grip people have been saying to use pole grip but the OaT effect cancels out DA being as efective although i know it would still be full effect on the WS, does anyone know which grip would be the best overall considering TP'ing and WS?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-10-04 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Pyromaster said: »
just a quick question i use oaT polearm and stardiver, but for the grip people have been saying to use pole grip but the OaT effect cancels out DA being as efective although i know it would still be full effect on the WS, does anyone know which grip would be the best overall considering TP'ing and WS?

Pole Grip, unless you have the DA+3 Grip. That is though, are you able to get a 5hit build effectively while keeping haste capped without a Rose Strap?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-04 22:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
/ma Cure5 Rae to cure me.
Perhaps a bad example :3

Thanks for the cure though.
By Ophannus 2012-10-05 21:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
OaT effect cancels out DA being as efective although i know it would still be full effect on the WS, does anyone know which grip would be the best overall considering TP'ing and WS?

It doesn't cancel it. For all intents and purposes +DA gear's effectiveness is roughly half potency(more complex than this but I'm putting it simply). +2% DA is more or less +1% chance of hitting twice in an attack round. I used it with OAT lance since 5hitting with it is very easy with Phorcys head/phorycs legs/rajas/tyrants/hagneia/goading/brutal and /SAM. If you're /WAR outside of VW rose strap, ace's leggings and ogier's hands are required for 5hitting but not with /sam so you can/should keep pole grip.
By Kyler 2012-10-11 14:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Herpa Derpa

Some combo of head hands phorcys/murzim vs lancers/brego meh blah, Pole/duplis grip for stardiver
By Ophannus 2012-10-14 13:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

^Is this a TP set? I'm assuming this is a TP set for Embrava zergs. If it's a WS set, it's flawed. If it's not an embrava zerg TP set, you're missing a crapton of storeTP. Also *** meritting MP to use Oneiros Ring for the few times you're using this TP set, HP merits save my life so hard. 9 times out of 10 Tyrants Ring ftw unless they release some better STP pieces that beat current selections.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-14 13:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He's definitely wsing in Murzim hands.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-10-14 13:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
^Is this a TP set?

seriously? should be pretty clear
By Ophannus 2012-10-14 16:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we've all evolved past the notion of assuming people know what the *** we're doing these days. Thus I stand by my inquiry, besides this is a Stardiver WS thread not a TP set thread. Also I was using a pretty similar TP set to that until I parsed like 83% Accuracy in Legion(Hall of Ki) until I switched to AF3 Body which then bumped me up to 94.5%. I only did a Hall of Ki once with that set before I changed my set permanently. I'd imagine acc issues with that set would persist and even get worse in Mul since mobs are even harder there. It could have been a fluke(although I had 2x Madrigals on), but you should examine to see if you're capping acc with that build, or maybe switch to Enif Corazza which has acc and QA.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trafalgar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sevin
By Quetzalcoatl.Trafalgar 2012-10-21 19:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to know for regular TP what's a good neck piece I've been using love torque forever and wanted to know if i should change it for rancor or something else I'm at 26%haste just need phorcys legs to drop so I can swap out bullwhip for Goading belt to maintain cap haste and a 5 hit build.thanks
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-10-22 12:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trafalgar said: »
Wanted to know for regular TP what's a good neck piece I've been using love torque forever and wanted to know if i should change it for rancor or something else I'm at 26%haste just need phorcys legs to drop so I can swap out bullwhip for Goading belt to maintain cap haste and a 5 hit build.thanks

Ganesha's mala
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11