Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 755 756 757 ... 843 844 845
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-19 21:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Retaliation is the same way.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-19 22:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't the current conquest layout result in slight shifts in NPC pricing?

On my newish character that I'm doing my LP on, the Prize Powders have actually shifted between NPCing for 101 to 102 over the last couple of weeks, and the only difference was Bastok actually landing in 1st place on Odin. I'd maxed Fame on the character last year in order to show off certain quests/do Prime Avatars/have the best NPC prices.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-19 22:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this has been asked a ton of times, but where can one find your LP, Vyre?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-19 22:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I'm sure this has been asked a ton of times, but where can one find your LP, Vyre?
I'll PM you. I don't feel like advertising. It's a homie little youtube project without a ton of effort going into it. It's really more of a catalogue for my purposes.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-10-20 02:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Valefor.Philemon said: »
Thanks I was looking at your references for mamool ja earring, but for lycopodium earring I think I'm nearing something like 0/50 with this setup. Hopefully it'll turn around soon.

If you have seen two equipment with that setup and lycopodium earring wasn't one of them, then maybe my map is wrong. I think I still have one on my mule, though, so it seems unlikely to me.
Not 100% sure but I think I got polearm 2x from the mandy but when I switched to great warrior for goobbue absolutely nothing has dropped. I'll see if I need to switch things up, goob hasn't dropped a single thing as far as I can remember.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-10-20 06:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Doesn't the current conquest layout result in slight shifts in NPC pricing?

On my newish character that I'm doing my LP on, the Prize Powders have actually shifted between NPCing for 101 to 102 over the last couple of weeks, and the only difference was Bastok actually landing in 1st place on Odin. I'd maxed Fame on the character last year in order to show off certain quests/do Prime Avatars/have the best NPC prices.

I’m also interested in this. My mule with max fame is constantly 2 gil shorter (100 vs 102) per prize powder than my main. The only difference I can think of between the two is the number of unique quests completed as my mule has a small fraction of the amount my main has.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-20 09:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people are saying max fame, but do you mean 'max fame' or do you mean hero rank according to the fame checker? Obviously the internal representation isn't just a 1-9, so quests past hero fame may count up to a certain amount.

Theoretical numbers for the sake of illustration, but pretending it ranges from 0-999.

0-99 = R1 fame
100-199 = R2 fame
200-299 = R3 fame
etc.. meaning, you might get R9 fame with an internal value of 800, but internal values up to 999 exist and are still used for calculation.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-20 09:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
A lot of people are saying max fame, but do you mean 'max fame' or do you mean hero rank according to the fame checker? Obviously the internal representation isn't just a 1-9, so quests past hero fame may count up to a certain amount.

Theoretical numbers for the sake of illustration, but pretending it ranges from 0-999.

0-99 = R1 fame
100-199 = R2 fame
200-299 = R3 fame
etc.. meaning, you might get R9 fame with an internal value of 800, but internal values up to 999 exist and are still used for calculation.
That's what I was thinking as well. I noticed that I was selling stuff in Adoulin for more than I was selling in Jeuno, even though my Fame in both was reading as maximum. But I grinded the everloving crap out of Adoulin when I finally made it there, so I wouldn't doubt if my "actual" Fame there was capped, whereas in Jeuno I might only be at maximum.

It's like being Lv.99: you can be Lv.99 with like 1000 experience points as a buffer, or you could be "1 TNL". For all intents and purposes, your level is still 99 and you can wear all your equipment for it, but you're not truly capped unless the experience number is dark blue.

On the contrary, you'd think something that sells for as little as 102 gil wouldn't be swayed as much by the marginal difference between "Hero" and "capped". So maybe it is some different force?
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-10-20 09:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

0-99 = R1 fame
100-199 = R2 fame
200-299 = R3 fame

I was going by the fame checker NPCs, considering “hero” to be the same as “max” which seems to not be the case as far as NPC resale value is concerned. The mule reached hero by doing the Selbina sheep quest on repeat whereas my main has done the majority of the quests in the game.

I’ll try completing some quests around Bastok and see if that moves the price to 101.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-20 11:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
On the contrary, you'd think something that sells for as little as 102 gil wouldn't be swayed as much by the marginal difference between "Hero" and "capped". So maybe it is some different force?

Hard to say, but keep in mind most of the differences have only been 1g anyway. Could be right near the threshold in calculation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-21 04:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No Fame to Max fame is only +2% to NPC sell price, so right now it's functioning as if Stepth's mule had 0 fame.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-10-21 13:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Small update: I did the repeatable quest The Darksmith 12 times and the NPC price of my powder went from 100 to 101.

For the record, my mule's completed Bastok quests are:
-Beauty and the Galka
-Shady Business
-The Darksmith
-A Lady's Heart
-Ayame and Kaede
-Trust: Bastok
-Trial by Earth
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-22 07:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What does it take to solo Arch Dynamis Lord on THF these days?
I bet the fight it's easy but I'm moderately concerned about Death *** me up.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-22 07:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

***, it should literally die from rudra rudra, before it can even split or use a tp move lol.

Use EV and TA the second rudra so he'll terra her instead of you if something happens.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-22 07:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
What does it take to solo Arch Dynamis Lord on THF these days?
I bet the fight it's easy but I'm moderately concerned about Death *** me up.

Rudra > SA Rudra with dia III from Koh, fury from Sylvie, etc.
First Rudra shouldn't do too much or it can split too fast.
[+]
 Asura.Moduhry
user: Necromage
By Asura.Moduhry 2022-10-22 09:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any lua that automates skirmish stone augments at Divainy like MAGA does for Reisenjima gear? I feel like I saw something like this a while back but have been going mad trying to find it again...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-22 20:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had a weird Einherjar run in Ortlinde's Chamber (T3).

I got Odin's Jesters for the first round, Wivre-X for the second round, and then the third round was Dendainsonne with no accompanying monsters. Clearing the chamber earned me only 1440 Ichor.

I've farmed at least a million Ichor and never seen this before.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-22 20:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Every now and then people get the wrong amount, one value up or one value down.

It's been posted a couple times where they got the 2880 from wing 3. Just spaghetti spaghettiing
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-22 21:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

“Just spaghetti spaghettiing “

Fam put that on a T shirt. I’ll buy it.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-23 00:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Trust jobs cause the job in party enhancement on COR rolls?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-23 00:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe so. Using Zeid does have a chance at enhancing Chaos roll afaik.
By SimonSes 2022-10-23 02:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I believe so. Using Zeid does have a chance at enhancing Chaos roll afaik.

It's not a chance, it's 100%
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-24 04:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just zoned into eastern adoulin and it played the wrong sound file (on every account)

Some weird ***I've never heard before, what? It legit sounds like something out of disgaea.

Oh it's the pumpkin music isn't it. Literally never heard it in game.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-24 09:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Some weird ***I've never heard before, what? It legit sounds like something out of disgaea.

Oh it's the pumpkin music isn't it. Literally never heard it in game.

I never thought about it before, but yeah it does sound like it's straight out of Disgaea lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-10-24 10:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

100% disgaea. Good call
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-24 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yells flooded the screen so fast I missed the "there's a pumpkin here" message so it didn't dawn on me
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-24 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Last year that theme played in Gusgen Mines and Castle Zvahl.

It's a bit too upbeat to be considered spooky if you ask me, and I agree with the Disgaea sentiment.

What's some really strong melee trusts? Like better white damage than normal and good SCs?
First Page 2 3 ... 755 756 757 ... 843 844 845