Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 650 651 652 ... 836 837 838
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 04:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Asura.Suteru said: »
You have to create a folder manually. This is how Windower 4 has always worked.

People these days be like: Looking for a merc to create a Windower folder for me. [Reward:] 5m. Send /tell.

i havnt been able to play this game in over 3 years now due to rl issues. Im also setting up a win 10 comp which iv never used before. So do forgive if i forget some of how it worked.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-14 04:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how Windower 4 has always worked.
This is factually not accurate, however the installer has been decommissioned for some time.

@GOG: Make a directory in %systemdrive%\ called windower, place the .exe there and set it to run as admin via the shortcut, that way you bypass any possible permission issues for when you go to edit files (don't ask).

Don't use "Program Files"

Also ninite.com is your friend, abuse it
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 05:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
This is how Windower 4 has always worked.
This is factually not accurate, however the installer has been decommissioned for some time.

@GOG: Make a directory in %systemdrive%\ called windower, place the .exe there and set it to run as admin via the shortcut, that way you bypass any possible permission issues for when you go to edit files (don't ask).

Don't use "Program Files"

Also ninite.com is your friend, abuse it

bah, i jsut made the folder in the program file x86
i have noticed the pol/ffxi and window are all asking for permission every time tho. Rather annoying. I think i had the same issue on win 7 but i honestly dont recall right now. Been kinda out of it today, and now its 1am, so it hasnt gotten any better'
By Jetackuu 2020-06-14 05:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Then move it, you don't want it in there.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-14 06:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
You have to create a folder manually. This is how Windower 4 has always worked.

People these days be like: Looking for a merc to create a Windower folder for me. [Reward:] 5m. Send /tell.

i havnt been able to play this game in over 3 years now due to rl issues. Im also setting up a win 10 comp which iv never used before. So do forgive if i forget some of how it worked.

I meant no offense and this wasn't directed at you. It was just directed at the general merc mentality of the game.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-14 11:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a GS rule for equipping Orpheus's Sash based on distance?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-14 12:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone have a GS rule for equipping Orpheus's Sash based on distance?
Before you delve into such a rule, what do you want it for?
For a pretty considerable part (the majority?) of damaging spells Orpheus is better than other options even at max range (there's a cap past which even if you increase the range, the damage bonus doesn't go furhter down).

What I'm saying is: think well what you wanna use it for, because there's a chance you might not even need such a rule.

Elemental Belt is tipically better than orpheus if you have at least 2 points out of 3 (double weather or single weather + day).
I see a lot of people just use Orpheus as their default belt, but deploy a slightly modified version of the "swap to obi" rule.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-14 12:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd question but has anyone noticed grey Canyon Apkallu in Marjami ravine spazzing out during TP moves (especially frigid shuffle)? They animations don't seem right.
By Rolodex 2020-06-14 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any point in hording gob keys and mars/venus orbs or should I use them as I get them? I know there are events that give keys and silver vouchers out but do the rewards or odds change during those times matter that much?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-14 15:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I never noticed any change on those pool. Subjectivelly it seems it just got worse.

While silver vouchers you have more ways to use it other than pop (like selling the orb, making a party to fight the mimic) keys have less versatility. You either use it to save inv space or save the keys till you have more time to pop them.
By Rolodex 2020-06-14 16:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
While silver vouchers you have more ways to use it other than pop (like selling the orb, making a party to fight the mimic) keys have less versatility. You either use it to save inv space or save the keys till you have more time to pop them.
Awesome, I might as well use the orbs then. I rarely party with others and with my luck the buyer will just try to scam me. Thanks for the heads up!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 17:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Then move it, you don't want it in there.
I did, right after submitting that reply.

i set the .exe to run as admin but i still get those damn permission windows every time pol, ffxi, or windower starts up. - short of changing the security warning section to not warning me about anything ever.. not sure how to stop this.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-14 17:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i set the .exe to run as admin but i still get those damn permission windows every time pol, ffxi, or windower starts up. - short of changing the security warning section to not warning me about anything ever.. not sure how to stop this.
What "window?" uac? yeah it will bug you, I keep mine on the 2nd lowest setting so it doesn't dim, but many people just turn it off.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 19:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what shows up right after double clicking pol/ffxi/windower.
not even just a pop up window, i get that full screen take over.

By Jetackuu 2020-06-14 20:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, UAC, read above.
By Rolodex 2020-06-14 20:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what shows up right after double clicking pol/ffxi/windower.
not even just a pop up window, i get that full screen take over

Just follow this link and follow the directions. Also, do NOT mess with your registry unless you are VERY competent with computers in general. The top half should fix it up for you but use the middle option where it still asks but doesn't fade the background out. No one likes a computer that treats everything like "Let me load that autoexe, it's just a file bro."
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 20:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, thats what i had to do on win7 as well. Rather annoying how they set that up. I get why its there and all and can appreciate that. But it needs something to remember or make exceptions so the same message doesn't have to come up every single time for the exact same program.

Anyway.. slightly off topic for this thread, but since were already talking about the win10 system im trying to set up, i mine as well ask here. Probably asking/hoping for to much, but are there any word and excel programs for win10 that be downloaded and used on the machine (offline) for free? - I know win10 has its 365 free browser version as well as googles browser versions. But i honestly like having the programs on my machine better. But i think my cd disk from 2004 is a tad outdated... Would seem microsoft office 365 even switched from buying the programs to a reoccurring subscription in order to use there stuff off line on your comp... who the hell are the kidden with that

edit: or even a single time pay copy if it comes to that
By Rolodex 2020-06-14 20:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Would seem microsoft office 365 even switched from buying the programs to a reoccurring subscription in order to use there stuff off line on your comp

You're welcome.

But microsoft and gates have gone off the deep end for a while already, them treating people like walking bags o' cash is nothing new. Remember, there is ALWAYS a free alternative when it comes to software.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-14 20:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, thats what i had to do on win7 as well. Rather annoying how they set that up. I get why its there and all and can appreciate that. But it needs something to remember or make exceptions so the same message doesn't have to come up every single time for the exact same program.

Anyway.. slightly off topic for this thread, but since were already talking about the win10 system im trying to set up, i mine as well ask here. Probably asking/hoping for to much, but are there any word and excel programs for win10 that be downloaded and used on the machine (offline) for free? - I know win10 has its 365 free browser version as well as googles browser versions. But i honestly like having the programs on my machine better. But i think my cd disk from 2004 is a tad outdated... Would seem microsoft office 365 even switched from buying the programs to a reoccurring subscription in order to use there stuff off line on your comp... who the hell are the kidden with that

edit: or even a single time pay copy if it comes to that

your best option would either install google docs and get used to it, use libre or open office, get a 365 sub, or buy an entire suite of office (usually $400-500), or just buy 1 time purchases of office/excel (think $100 each but not 100% sure).

https://ninite.com/ is your friend.

(I also recommend classic start, but that's because I'm old).
By Jetackuu 2020-06-14 20:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like $439.99

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/p/office-professional-2019/cfq7ttc0k7c5?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

(I'm aware there are less feature rich versions).
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 21:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rolodex said: »
But microsoft and gates have gone off the deep end for a while already, them treating people like walking bags o' cash is nothing new.

yea.. even if i had gates kinda money i still wouldnt pay that.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 21:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rolodex said: »
your best option would either install google docs and get used to it, use libre or open office, get a 365 sub, or buy an entire suite of office (usually $400-500), or just buy 1 time purchases of office/excel (think $100 each but not 100% sure).

libre seems to be a decent option. I dl'ed that. Ill see how it goes in time. Thank you both for the info!
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-15 12:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone so terrible at Conquest on Asura? There's only like 5-6 total regions that aren't Beastmen controlled.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 12:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Because none is mercing conquests.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 12:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup.

Random question, which effect should be stronger (in terms of mat loss retention or increase in sucess rate - AKA for card crafting)? Kupower Artisan's Advantage or Ionis?

Thanks in advance.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-15 14:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone so terrible at Conquest on Asura? There's only like 5-6 total regions that aren't Beastmen controlled.

There’s no legitimate reason for anyone to actively participate in conquest. I literally only just started getting signet again ONLY for the silver voucher objective. Outside of that, you will not find a single reason for anyone to care. Maybe SE could put together some events/rewards that would encourage it again? Idk
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-15 16:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

There’s no legitimate reason for anyone to actively participate in conquest. I literally only just started getting signet again ONLY for the silver voucher objective. Outside of that, you will not find a single reason for anyone to care. Maybe SE could put together some events/rewards that would encourage it again? Idk
One reason to do them is for regional vendors when you dont have the kupopower for that

Take a penny, leave a penny
Does Raetic Rod +1's '"Cure" +50' also affect Curagas?
[+]
By Nariont 2020-06-15 16:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, "cure" termed stuff unless im mistaken works on ga variants the same way
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-15 17:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks
By asuraasrial 2020-06-15 19:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I need to do the real Vagary to get reforged Empy +1 gear or can I do the bosses only route?
First Page 2 3 ... 650 651 652 ... 836 837 838