Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 649 650 651 ... 831 832 833
By RadialArcana 2020-06-08 14:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some addon people are using to /follow closer?

I see people with lots of alts and they are on follow like a tick on a dog, normal /follow is pretty laggy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-08 14:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

I see people with lots of alts and they are on follow like a tick on a dog, normal /follow is pretty laggy.
Since tri-quad boxing is the norm for some players, you are probably seeing a set of 2 to 4 people following a specific person, not follow the leader.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-08 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not what he means. Native /follow has a delay while following other char naturally because the delay to update a char position from SE. What hes asking is if there is some addon that can provide an alternative to that, thats, some real time follow instead of one that depend on server.

In particular, im not aware of an addon neither i looked for one so far. Native /follow isnt perfect but also not bad enough for me to research a new alternative (aside Aht Urghan center, whats a shitty lag fest to /follow)
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-06-08 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastfollow
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-06-08 15:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/DiscipleOfEris/FastFollow
Which only works for accounts on the same computer I think.
Unless you add this to init(or ingame)
// configure fastfollow
ffo pauseon any
ffo pausedelay 0
it will ignore midcast for gearswap.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-08 15:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Thats not what he means. Native /follow has a delay while following other char naturally because the delay to update a char position from SE. What hes asking is if there is some addon that can provide an alternative to that, thats, some real time follow instead of one that depend on server.

In particular, im not aware of an addon neither i looked for one so far. Native /follow isnt perfect but also not bad enough for me to research a new alternative (aside Aht Urghan center, whats a shitty lag fest to /follow)
I don't think it is possible for there to be an addon for that then.

Mainly because you are running two different programs, even if you are dualboxing. And as far as I know, the programs/accounts do not link to each other that way.

Edit: Never mind then.
By DononofSylph 2020-06-08 18:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you tell you got a Mid boss clear for Dynamis D on a specific job?

In example, my PUP has 3/4 clears, I just don't know which one is left between Sandy/Basty/Windy. ( I have Jeuno.)
By Pantafernando 2020-06-08 18:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the relic pieces he can reforge on Aurix. You will easily notice which one is missing.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-06-08 18:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Check the relic pieces he can reforge on Aurix. You will easily notice which one is missing.

Bingo, thank you!
By Zyphira 2020-06-09 09:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I am about to get my Apocalypse Nigh rewards tomorrow... Are any of these earrings still useful? I was thinking Magnetic Earrings for mid cast sets, but are any of these still even used at ilevel?
By Wotasu 2020-06-09 10:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Magnetic Earring for SIRD set on Rune. Some use for Ethereal, idk if Rdm use the +3 enspell earring.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-09 11:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Static should be the best. Not msny option to magic burst on ear.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-11 23:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the dullhan shield I'm seeing people with from ambuscade points?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-12 00:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From last month. Current one is its axe.

Total hallmark category.

Storable porter 23 so no reason to not to get it when you can.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-12 00:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you dont care about collecting vanity items, there is a reason to not get it. It increases the amount of time it takes for items to load when you zone, as it counts the slips.
By Draylo 2020-06-12 00:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have problems when you click forum > icons dont load
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-06-12 00:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Well if you dont care about collecting vanity items, there is a reason to not get it. It increases the amount of time it takes for items to load when you zone, as it counts the slips.

Not really true, unless you mean owning the slip in general. The extdata for each slip is just a list of bitflags for each item, if you have a storage slip 23 it'll be the same amount of data whether or not the shield is on it, just one bit will be flipped the other direction.
By Draylo 2020-06-12 00:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, I was under the impression each item in the slip counted towards that loading time when you zone. Good to know then.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-12 00:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone remembers the HTBF "Puppet in Peril"?
Which job/setup would you use if you wanted to solo it on D? Real solo, just yourself and trusts, no mules.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-12 00:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there is a video of SCH solo that.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-06-13 00:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lock on and autorun?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-13 17:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question thats spurred up some debates over yell and LS lately and after some digging there simply doesnt appear to be a concrete answer on this...

What exactly will it take to hit 0-fps loss on this game?

Its an older game, and more CPU dependent than GPU but after searching around, it looks like a CPU with at least 3 Ghz clock speed "Should" be sufficient? However, myself and a few other LS mates have this and more in our CPUs as well as decent/good GPUs and our frames still sink into the 30s and mid 20s in areas such as Mhaura next to the Ambuscade Book (After you sit still a second and let all the characters load) Not usually Dyna-D but sometimes and especially Mireu at least on Asura. And we all have DGvoodoo2 set up, and set on "App Driven" to avoid the issue where you almost freeze when receiving certain buffs. Or at least I do.

So what exactly will it take to experience Zero-Frame loss without degrading any settings in this game? Is this even possible? Some folks have been claiming that they get zero frame loss, everywhere, and they could very well be trolling but I'm very curious what benchmark we all should be aiming for to experience this game without issue.

I can list my rig but it's really middle of the road/sorta good? But definitely doesn't seem to fit the bill for FFXI. Is this the wrong place for this question?
By tyalangan 2020-06-13 18:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there specific mobs you guys target for Delve Yggrete entry items? I have always done frogs/pugils for Marjami but remember hearing someone had better luck somewhere else in zone and can't recall where that was. Not looking for a specific zone just general consensus for any zone while this campaign is going.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-06-13 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
So what exactly will it take to experience Zero-Frame loss without degrading any settings in this game? Is this even possible? Some folks have been claiming that they get zero frame loss, everywhere, and they could very well be trolling but I'm very curious what benchmark we all should be aiming for to experience this game without issue.

It shouldn't really be possible. Even at a 30 FPS cap, you're bound to lose frame rate somewhere, regardless of whether or not you notice it. This happens especially in crowded towns or alliance content. No amount of hardware (at least in this generation) can fix this because the limitation is going to be the game's own code and performance, but yes, CPU would be the thing that would help counteract this.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-13 19:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

It shouldn't really be possible. Even at a 30 FPS cap, you're bound to lose frame rate somewhere, regardless of whether or not you notice it. This happens especially in crowded towns or alliance content. No amount of hardware (at least in this generation) can fix this because the limitation is going to be the game's own code and performance, but yes, CPU would be the thing that would help counteract this.

Very well then, I’ll relay and not bother with this then. Under assumption the ones claiming they never experience lag/FPS drops, perhaps they’re on an ancient PC or something, who knows.

Thanks for the information
By ryukin182 2020-06-13 21:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question as i'm high and don't know if its been asked yet, since seal campaign is 1-6, if 6 ppl in party, would TH make more drop? Getting a lot of single drops, j'w if it would help
By Pantafernando 2020-06-13 22:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK, seals/crests drops according to your number of party member.

I vaguely remember someone said that TH reduces the cooldown timer (seems like 5 mins without TH) but i cant recover this info.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 02:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

how i install windower 4.3 on win10? It dl's to the download folder. If i double click it there, it just runs normally. On my win7 and xp comp it always created a folder in the all programs list and then it went there. - If i move it out of the dl folder over to the desktop and double click it, then it will create the plugins, res, updates, addons folders and hook.dll
How do i get this to go where its supposed to?
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-14 03:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to create a folder manually. This is how Windower 4 has always worked.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-14 04:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
You have to create a folder manually. This is how Windower 4 has always worked.

People these days be like: Looking for a merc to create a Windower folder for me. [Reward:] 5m. Send /tell.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 649 650 651 ... 831 832 833