Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 643 644 645 ... 836 837 838
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-27 13:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
If memory serves, you need to change the screenshot mode. It saves to png, but needs to save to bmp to work.

It is defined in init.txt, again if memory serves.
I have the screenshot issue too, and I did this very early on. While it does get rid of the "Unable to convert to PNG" error, I very quickly discovered that while it was saying, "screenshot saved", no file was added to my screenshots folder. -_-

To make things worse, it sometimes works. There seems to be coin toss every time I login that decides if screenshots are going to work this session. When they do work, they work until I log out and back in again. They we toss the coin again. The coin toss is rigged though, and doesn't work more often. <,<

In the mean time I've been using the NVIDIA GeForce experience overlay to take screenshots. bleh.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-04-27 14:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Treasure Hunter...
Is it worth wearing TH12/TH13 in gear to increase the proc rate, or does the total bonus cap out at TH8 worn/trait?

This has been asked a dozen times but nobody knows for sure. SE never confirmed or denied that wearing gear beyond 8 TH would make it upgrade any faster than it would with just 8 TH in gear.

Here is a statement from SE.

Quote:
Adding Treasure Hunter+ via equipment, or other means, will not increase the rate at which the Treasure Hunter value grows, as this is a set rate.

However the next lines says:

Quote:
However, when the value of Treasure Hunter placed on a monster and the value of the Treasure Hunter on your character are different, this will cause the growth rate to vary. With that said, if you want to increase the Treasure Hunter value, it is best to utilize equipment that has the Treasure Hunter+ effect. By unequipping Treasure Hunter+ gear, you are essentially creating a gap between the value placed on the monster and your character, which results in an inefficient means for increasing the TH value.

So this would be what makes it so confusing. I personally think the character TH level is stuck at level 8 and no amount of extra TH is going to change your TH level.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-04-27 16:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought an Abyssea Red Stagger was guaranteed KI as I have done this countless times. However, today I got a stagger on a 15min pop NM but no characters received the KI. I double checked to see if anyone had the KI in the Abyssea temp KI location but no one had it.

Am I missing something?
By Draylo 2020-04-27 17:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been an age old debate since Abyssea started. It is 100% but theres always something that goes wrong in the confusion or a glitch and people claim it isn't. None of the characters had the KI? Some say it isn't 100% but I have never once not gotten KI from a red proc.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-04-27 17:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have done so many Empy 119 gear and Empy Weapons and this is a first. I'll try logging out.

EDIT: Yep, in the claimer's KIs where it should be. Not sure if I missed it or what but it was easily visible this time and I looked several times earlier before the logout.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2020-04-28 23:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever had the problem of not being able to augment a weapon? I have the taru mask of light but for some reason Oboro won’t augment my relics. I have been able to augment all the other weapons (MEA), anyone know what could be going on?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-04-29 00:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Asphaar said: »
Anyone ever had the problem of not being able to augment a weapon? I have the taru mask of light but for some reason Oboro won’t augment my relics. I have been able to augment all the other weapons (MEA), anyone know what could be going on?

Did you start the job point process for relics in the past?
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-04-29 00:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You gotta talk to him specifically about upgrading relics.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2020-04-29 00:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I never did the JP thing in the past.

I did talk to him about “ancient weapons”, but it’s still not accepting my Apoc, tried Rag too but didn’t work either.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-04-29 00:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trading it to him? IIRC you need to have it equipped to start it
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2020-04-29 00:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Are you trading it to him? IIRC you need to have it equipped to start it
Tried both things, talking to him with it equipped and then trading , trading the weapon and the crystal without talking to him. Nothing works.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 06:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oboro should one of the most damn messed NPC in game. Too much ***going on with him (JSE weapons, ilv REM, glow REM, augments on Su5...).

If youre sure you meet all requirements (and i advise rechecking it, failing to notice something missing is a very common mistake), make sure to talk to him many times.
By Matic 2020-04-29 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I never did the JP thing in the past.

I did talk to him about “ancient weapons”, but it’s still not accepting my Apoc, tried Rag too but didn’t work either.

Need to talk to him about Mysterious Weapons for relic augs, according to bgwiki.

Ancient is for Ergon.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-29 16:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got 2880 Ichor in a T3 Einherjar, is that normal? Not seeing anything on it on BG and its been years since my last Mythic run so I cant remember if this was a thing or just some sorta fluke.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 16:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it Odin?
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-29 18:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Was it Odin?
Nope, just a Routine T3.
The only thing I can think of is that I killed that Sheep? The one that doubles your Treasure, Heithrun. But I never heard of it increasing your Ichor as well. It didn't spawn until the final set so could it be Heithrun doubling the points of the remaining monsters or.. something? idk.

By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 19:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Best to try replicate it.

If that indeed happened, most likely is some bug because T3 ichor reward is 1920 iirc
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-29 19:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Followup pic added. Like I said, could just be some sort of fluke or something idk. Was curious so I figured I'd ask.
By Matic 2020-04-30 08:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like a bug where the game thinks you beat odin's chamber (Odin rewards 2880) instead of w/e chamber you were in which should give 1920

weird. anyone's guess how to reproduce it though, and unless its a new bug, we would have heard about it before if it was at all easy to repro...then again, 900 extra ichor per run, maybe not...
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-30 09:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Using any of the packet based addons to enter? Could be something bugged out there, none of the public ones seem to have it exactly right.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-30 09:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Using any of the packet based addons to enter? Could be something bugged out there, none of the public ones seem to have it exactly right.

Nope. Honestly didn’t even know there was one for Einherjar. I fight for the chamber like everyone else and offer up lamps in bazaar for 1 gil if there’s someone else trying to get in. It was the 1st of the Wave 3 Chambers? Idk.

I’ll try waiting a bit to let the side-mobs pop to see if I can replicate. The hypothesis right now is that that sheep might possibly increase Ichor for any mobs killed after it so I’ve been trying to get that set up. Unfortunately that’s the rarest of the side mobs so just haven’t been able to test yet.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 09:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
The hypothesis right now is that that sheep might possibly increase Ichor for any mobs killed after it so I’ve been trying to get that set up. Unfortunately that’s the rarest of the side mobs so just haven’t been able to test yet.
I doubt that. If it was the case, it would have been reported towards the beginning of Einherjar, not 13 years later.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-30 10:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Still, its not hard to replicate.

I could do it but for some reason, the only step im done for next mythic round is ichor
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 10:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried, only got 1920. Brunhilde's Chamber, if it mattered.

Highly likely it glitched.
By Draylo 2020-04-30 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably glitched due to an addon in my guess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 10:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use Addons for specific events. Only addons I use are TParty, Distance, Timers, PetTP, and Gearswap.

So, if it was a glitch, it wasn't from any of these.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-30 10:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Did you beat the extra mob?

That question is about that one. And which one
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 10:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Did you beat the extra mob?

That question is about that one. And which one
Oh yeah. I didn't get the sheep, just the tiger.

I really don't feel like farming the sheep tbh.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-30 12:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Probably glitched due to an addon in my guess.

I only use standard addons except for clipper;
Timers, Sandbox, Config, AEcho, Autoinvite/join, battlemod, cancle, checkparam, distanceplus, enternity, gearswap, Organizer, plugin_manager, rolltracker, send, silence, speedchecker, timestamp, TParty, Translate, Treasury, Zonetimer, React and Dressup.

None of these are capable of shenanigans to my knowledge.
Havent gotten the sheep to try and Replicate yet.

The specific boss was Motsognir the Dverger when this happened.
Just trying to think what might have caused this but could very well just be some sort of fluke *shrugs*

I've killed afew more T3s since then and so far nothing but 1920s as expected
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-30 12:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you actually verify you got the 2880, I would just assume a chatlog error. They happen.

Someone killed odin at the same timeish you finished and it said you both got the points for it.
First Page 2 3 ... 643 644 645 ... 836 837 838