Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 642 643 644 ... 831 832 833
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-04-21 10:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kvaal said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Kvaal said: »
Can the "Chance of follow-up attack" on SU5 gear proc multi hit or is it just one additional attack?
"Chance of follow-up attack" is very low on multi-attack priority so if that procs it will be just 1 single attack but if a QA/TA or something else procs you can still get more attacks per round on that weapon
So, yes?
So read the link I sent and learn something so you understand the answer?

But to directly answer your question: No, "Chance of follow-up attack" will always proc just a single extra hit. Other MA level can proc beforehand and lead to more attack on that hand.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-04-21 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Incidentally, that page isn't completely correct. QA, TA, and DA do not overwrite Follow-Up Attack, nor vice versa. FUA can proc with QA, TA, or DA simultaneously on a single swing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-21 11:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Incidentally, that page isn't completely correct. QA, TA, and DA do not overwrite Follow-Up Attack, nor vice versa. They can both proc on a single swing.
I thought it's always been that it checks for specific attacks first (aka Quad/Triple/Double) then goes for the "Occasionally X attack". And, other than virtue stone weapons, it only uses one of the above.

Really, the only way to know for sure is to equip a lot of Quad Attack gear, used one of those "Chance" weapons, and see if you hit 5 times in a turn.

But I think testing only shows what is shown above, not the other way around.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-04-21 11:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you can get 5 attacks in a turn with Quadruple Attack plus Follow-Up Attack. It was quite extensively tested when Raetic weapons came out.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-21 11:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also possible that those weapons act differently than the other OAT weapons, because of their MP usage to convert to extra hits.

Older OAT weapons act like normal.

edit: Since the person in question is specifically asking for SU5 weapons, it isn't Raetic weapons.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-04-21 12:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's also possible that those weapons act differently than the other OAT weapons, because of their MP usage to convert to extra hits.

edit: Since the person in question is specifically asking for SU5 weapons, it isn't Raetic weapons.

They arent OAT weapons they are chance of follow up attack which are two completely different things.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-21 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont really know how much time this needs to be reposted lol

Follow-up Attack on SU5/Raetic WILL proc in rounds with QA/TA/DA.
It can't proc on WS.

How on earth are people getting confused? Seriously.
By SimonSes 2020-04-21 12:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

They arent OAT weapons they are chance of follow up attack which are two completely different things.

Yeah I could understand people getting confused with old sea weapons that used the same term "Occasionally attack twice" while having completely different mechanic (they were like following attack, but could proc on WS and on both hand for h2h if I remember correctly), but here SE made it easier and actually invented separate term "Follow-up Attack" and people still call it OAT..
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-21 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Yeah I could understand people getting confused with old sea weapons that used the same term "Occasionally attack twice" while having completely different mechanic (they were like following attack, but could proc on WS and on both hand for h2h if I remember correctly), but here SE made it easier and actually invented separate term "Follow-up Attack" and people still call it OAT..

They did not.
By SimonSes 2020-04-21 15:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
SimonSes said: »

They did not.

They did not what? work on WS or like follow-up attack? It was 8-10 years ago, so I dont remember that well.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-21 15:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't work on WS.
By SimonSes 2020-04-21 15:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They didn't work on WS.

{All right} like I said I might not remember it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-04-23 09:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Without using tools, is it at all feasible to solo floor 100 of Neo Nyzul?
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2020-04-23 09:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are running solo without an alt i doubt it... Maybe i just suck lol but i usually set it at 60 or 80 and try and hit the boss floors on the way up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-23 09:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No. At least not without some huge amount of luck with easy objectives. You'd probably need to be on BLU with Carmine legs and basically get floors that can be completed in 2-3 minutes each tops. Majority of your time will be spent backtracking to the Rune; not having a lamp body is a time waster. The average floor jump is around 6-7, so you would need like ~15 objective clears to reach 100 on average to even make it to floor 100. That's probably not possible unless you get extremely lucky (high floor jumps, easy lamps, small maps, free floors, no time-wasting gear obj etc), which is unlikely.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2020-04-24 12:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Treasure Hunter THF upgades - I know 8 is the highest you can natively land TH on a mob before needing to hit it to upgrade. I also know that the closer your equipped/traited TH is to the current value, the higher the upgrade chance.

Is it worth wearing TH12/TH13 in gear to increase the proc rate, or does the total bonus cap out at TH8 worn/trait?

Edit: Already been asked, my google-fu failed me! Looks like nobody knows. Thanks Bukki.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-24 12:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap for Enhancing Magic duration + or is it capped by each spell individually?
ex: will spells like haste cap at a certain duration regardless of how much duration + gear is put on?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-24 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Treasure Hunter...
Is it worth wearing TH12/TH13 in gear to increase the proc rate, or does the total bonus cap out at TH8 worn/trait?

This has been asked a dozen times but nobody knows for sure. SE never confirmed or denied that wearing gear beyond 8 TH would make it upgrade any faster than it would with just 8 TH in gear.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-24 12:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Treasure Hunter...

This has been asked a dozen times but nobody knows for sure. SE never confirmed or denied that wearing gear beyond 8 TH would make it upgrade any faster than it would with just 8 TH in gear.
Edit: Misread the question. Never mind, move along people.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-04-24 14:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Is there a cap for Enhancing Magic duration + or is it capped by each spell individually?
ex: will spells like haste cap at a certain duration regardless of how much duration + gear is put on?
We'll never know this for sure as all the current enhancing duration gear fully works on all the enhancing spells (i.e. base duration * bonus or + bonus depending on item). Doubt SE implemented an hard cap for certain spells as they can easily control which job has access to which gear and no job is "broken" due to longer duration buffs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-24 20:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

I would like some efficient party sugestions to quickly dispatch macrocosmic orb NM on VD.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-04-24 21:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll never know this for sure as all the current enhancing duration gear fully works on all the enhancing spells (i.e. base duration * bonus or + bonus depending on item). Doubt SE implemented an hard cap for certain spells as they can easily control which job has access to which gear and no job is "broken" due to longer duration buffs.
This is untrue; Red Mages can hit the duration cap for most of their buffs, which seems to be 30 minutes across the board (with the exceptions being Protect, Shell, and Reraise). No matter how much duration gear you put on, buffs like barspells, phalanx, haste, gain spells, stoneskin, etc. will never last longer than 30 minutes.

Reraise is unaffected by enhancing duration, so it's locked at 60 minutes regardless, but Protect and Shell are affected, with duration caps of over an hour but not known yet (and currently unreachable if the caps are greater than 100 minutes).
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-04-24 21:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
This is untrue; Red Mages can hit the duration cap for most of their buffs, which seems to be 30 minutes across the board (with the exceptions being Protect, Shell, and Reraise). No matter how much duration gear you put on, buffs like barspells, phalanx, haste, gain spells, stoneskin, etc. will never last longer than 30 minutes.

Reraise is unaffected by enhancing duration, so it's locked at 60 minutes regardless, but Protect and Shell are affected, with duration caps of over an hour but not known yet (and currently unreachable if the caps are greater than 100 minutes).

My Scholar can get 32 minute Barspells with Perpetuance.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-04-24 22:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Perpetuance ignores the cap, and is the only thing that does so. Enhancing duration gear, like he was asking about, won't bring you above 30 minutes on those spells no matter how much you stack.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-25 15:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Im sure i already asked somewhere but dont remember the answer (or if it was answered).

Well, is there any way to prevent avatar to go by its own against a mob? Super annoying when im pulling in ambu and pet just go to mess everything.

Thanks in advance
By Draylo 2020-04-26 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone found a workaround or fix for not being able to screenshot with dgvoodoo randomly? One that doesn't involve an external program.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-04-26 20:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of clumsy, but if you take focus off of the FFXI screen (such as by clicking on the Windows taskbar), Windows takes over the print screen button, which you can then paste into Paint (or whatever) and save.

I don't know a way to fix the actual windower-direct screenshot problem, though
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-27 05:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If memory serves, you need to change the screenshot mode. It saves to png, but needs to save to bmp to work.

It is defined in init.txt, again if memory serves.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-27 10:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Snip tool isn't a completely horrible workaround either
First Page 2 3 ... 642 643 644 ... 831 832 833