Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 574 575 576 ... 831 832 833
By Jetackuu 2018-12-12 01:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
its 3k on bahamut because there is literally no population to sell them to.

Spoken like a true moron.

Afania said: »
What's causing such huge heroism price difference

Price fixing. Notice it's the same asshat buying the stacks for under, yet the bazaars and other sales are normal.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-12-12 03:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So was I scammed or not read the fine print. I reactivated some mules and it said DEC 11 - DEC 11. I didn't realize it until the end and it billed me full price and then since my billing period starts tomorrow, I got billed again. Anyone have this happen or do they really charge full price for less than a day lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-12-12 03:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They will bill you for the current billing cycle regardless of the remaining duration. It does say it somewhere. Always best to wait for the beginning of the next cycle to turn on mules as a result.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-12 03:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally i get a pro rata discount if i reactivate a mule while the account is already active.

What seems strange is that you didnt get the pro rata discount.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 03:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You should've been billed like 5 cents per mule, then the full dollar each on the 12th

It's prorated like panta said

By Draylo 2018-12-12 03:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, they charged me full amount, just checked my card. It is still pending but says the full ammount for the mules I activated. They are all deactivated atm as well. I reactivated, saw they were gonna recharge me on the 12th and then cancelled them all. Then it booted me offline and when I went back in they all blacked out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 03:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the one thing you should absolutely not do is try to charge back. They'll ban you for that. Really *** about it.

Only 15 bucks at most right. Call em up, they'll refund it if you really want to go through the hassle.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-12-12 04:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't prorate if it's less than a dollar
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 04:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I literally just posted the pic right there of it being pro rated to 36 cents...
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-12-12 04:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Crysta != Cents. I meant on credit card transactions.
By kaiju9 2018-12-12 18:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't been able to play to see for myself - for Ambu V1 Qutrub, I remember just running away from Phantom Whorl last time. Wiki says it's replaced this month by a new, unavoidable 30k damage TP move - Genku Bakken. Is that spammed as much as Whorl was last time? Is it really unavoidable, and is it on all difficulty levels?
By Draylo 2018-12-12 18:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Crysta != Cents. I meant on credit card transactions.

That makes sense, I don't use crysta for this account. So basically I was scammed... I know not to charge back but wow, that is lame. I'm gonna try contacting them and see if they can let me keep them on for another month I would use them for the SP key campaign lol, originally was for mog bonanza.

So another question, I can't seem to take screenshots anymore. In-game it says it was saved but it is not in the folder. I saw a thread here about dgvoodoo messing it up but the search function still doesn't work. Anyone know?
By Jetackuu 2018-12-12 19:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You weren't scammed, it's their policy and it's clearly laid out.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-12 19:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I buy 2, can lost sickle be synergized into a +1 version and if so, what is the "bonus"?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 19:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you get 2 and synergize it to +1

A little less delay and add effect death (low % I assume)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Lost_Sickle
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Lost_Sickle_%2B1
[+]
By Draylo 2018-12-12 20:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Yes its a scam or at the very least a terrible business practice. How can they charge me the full price for less than a day? Any other business with a monthly sub would have ways to compensate for that.
By Jetackuu 2018-12-13 00:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Jetackuu said: »

Yes its a scam or at the very least a terrible business practice. How can they charge me the full price for less than a day? Any other business with a monthly sub would have ways to compensate for that.

But it's not a scam. It's laid out in black and white, there's nothing dishonest about it.

They definitely SHOULD have a way to compensate it, but they never had before (until crysta). I mean it sucks, but it just literally isn't a scam.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-12-13 17:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do I find the location for macros in the Playonline folder? Moving stuff to a different PC and want to save a bit of time.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-13 17:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Where do I find the location for macros in the Playonline folder? Moving stuff to a different PC and want to save a bit of time.

I think best option for that is to store in server.

I once thought about this one, idr my conclusion but something made me believe those macros are stored in the login_w archive but thats just a guess, i cant read whats in this archive
By Staleyx 2018-12-13 17:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shift alt ctrl b at character select screen.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-13 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They're the MCR files in "User" iirc

But yeah, doing the save to server thing is preferable
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-12-13 19:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh okay thank you guys! I use a ton of characters so I wanted something quick, but if the consensus believes server saving is better, I'll just go with that.
By abdhaljs 2018-12-14 12:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Phorcys Korazin's Weapon Skill Damage +7%.

Is there another piece you would want to WS in for the jobs that can wear it? Sorry, but my brain is farting and I find it easier to just ask here rather than go through every body piece. Someone may know off of the top of their head something I'm totally spacing on. I don't see Valourous Mail's augments giving higher WSD +%, but perhaps Dark Matter or just the item level + it's stats w/ WS Damage +5% augment are better. I don't really crunch numbers, but am doing the NNI campaign now for a fancy table furnishing and picked one up from a box ??? Box +2.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-12-14 13:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

phorcys korazin is a lvl 99 item, thus it has no magic evasion,defense, and most of all no accuracy or high stat levels.
You don't want to use it in any content nowadays, a v.mail with wsd +4/5 with decent levels of acc att and STR is gonna be better for almost every DD job
By Pantafernando 2018-12-14 13:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe for atonement trials if you happen to nedd it.

And DM can give up to 10% WSD. Its a good piece to invest your DM free choices when its up.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-14 16:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know if there's a way, a record, of moving one FFXI/POL account from one SE account to another?

Say I have what used to be my old FFXI/POL account currently connected to the SE Account "X", is there any way to detach it from "X" and connect it to a different SE Account "Y"?

Anybody ever succedeed in this?
By tyalangan 2018-12-14 17:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have moved several POL accounts to my main SE account. It’s several years since I combined them but the accounts were inactive for 8+ years so you shouldn’t run into any issues as long as you have all the account info (and you need ALL of it)
By Jetackuu 2018-12-14 17:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I attempted it SE told me to *** off you can't do it.

It's been a couple years so maybe they're less *** about it now, but it says once a POLID is attached to an SE account you can't remove it.
By tyalangan 2018-12-14 21:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the accounts I added were before SE Accounts I think. I think it’s a newer thing. Honestly I can’t remember. All I know is I added my brothers old accounts to mine 2 years ago but they haven’t played since 08/09~
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-19 04:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep hearing of people who even recently succeded in moving one POL/FFXI account from one SE account to another.
Is it real? Can you do it on your own? Do you need to be "graced" by an SE Support employee to achieve this goal?
First Page 2 3 ... 574 575 576 ... 831 832 833