Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 569 570 571 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-11-08 13:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, my LG TV does not cause any blinking when powering it on and off. Only if I disconnect it from the PC. (Connected via HDMI.)

So +1 for LG.
By volkom 2018-11-08 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any good use for regal gloves besides lockstyle?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-09 01:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can anybody enlighten me on the Physical Damage Limit thing found on most JSE divergence necks?
Have we reached a consensus on what it does?

I remember some pretty accurate tests by Byrth early on which were clearly hinting at an increase of the pDIF cap.

But then some time ago Katriina posted some data in the DNC thread which were hinting to a damage bonus based on a proc rate, that procs on WS too, and that doubles (or multiplies, whatever) your physical damage on your current target.

So... what is real here? Is it a proc based damage bonus? Is it a fixed pDIF increase? Or what else?
Bump :3
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-09 01:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The Katriina stuff was just some herpderp
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 01:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The Katriina stuff was just some herpderp

As per usual
[+]
By Autocast 2018-11-11 00:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else try to buy a copy of FFXI since the sale started and have the checkout not be able to progress because it keeps saying your zipcode is wrong? any fix? (yes it is the correct zip)

Edit: Just got it off steam instead, just a heads up to anyone looking to buy another copy that SE store seems messed up atm, had a friend who had the same problem.

Edit2: And steam sent me a code that SE is saying has already been used, this company never makes it easy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-11-11 10:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The Playonline registry stuff is 32-bit, so it's under WOW6432Node. There are also dlls to register if I remember right.

It's likely simpler to just install the game where you want to put it, then copy your existing installation over top of that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-11-11 16:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can download the Ultimate Collection Seeker's Edition from SE for free here.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-11-11 16:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Yeah, I just hate that there are 5-6 installers for all the exp packs. There is no one master installer you can get for free is there?

idk what you mean about registering dlls though

What you are actually paying for when buying the software packages is the account. You can download the entire game for free from the POL website, but you can't start playing w/o paying for it.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-11 17:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

According to SE you only need to install pol and FFXI you don't need to manually install the individual expansions anymore. At least according to the official installation instructions.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-11 22:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else getting network errors right before a maintenance? Rip log in bonuses for the day I guess?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-11 22:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Anyone else getting network errors right before a maintenance? Rip log in bonuses for the day I guess?
Was giving me trouble for 10 minutes too, working now.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-11 22:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in time for maintenance to shut everything down again lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-11 23:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

oh em gee moar DDOSSESSES

Quote:
PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties (Nov. 11, 12)

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein user may be disconnected from or unable to log into PlayOnline.

We are continuing to investigate and resolve this issue, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we resolve this in a timely manner.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

[Date & Time]
From Nov. 11, 2018 20:08 (PST)
From Nov. 12, 2018 4:08 (GMT)

[Details]
- Unable to log in to PlayOnline

[Cause]
Under investigation

[Affected Service]
- PlayOnline
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-11-12 01:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question regarding the new Dyna D weapons and was wondering if the NQ / HQ1 can be upgraded somehow to the HQ2 variant that has the unique model through some method, or are they forever stuck at those stages they were crafted at?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-11-12 01:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Try your hand at dat modding if you just want the model. Otherwise you gotta shell out the gil to buy it or craft it on your own.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2018-11-12 04:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Back from an 8 months break, why all vagary items went down in price so heavily?

I was thinking about the aman trove bcnm but I haven't seen that much vagary items drop so far

did they lower the difficulty or something?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-12 04:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They added a weekly objective that gives you 2x free mat from each of the 5 bosses.
Also there have been probably 2 Vagary campaigns in the past 8 months?
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2018-11-12 04:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sechs !
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-11-12 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else not have their inactive mules activate during the free login campaign? Both my accounts are currently subbed, and one of them had the 8 inactive characters go live on the ninth but the other is still only allowing the three that I am actively paying for. I've been logged in somewhat constantly for the past week, is it possible my account didn't receive the "push" to activate all characters? (IDK how this works on SE's end, and if I should contact a GM, make a post on the forum or just deal with it)
By chads 2018-11-12 12:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about "follow up" attacks (specifically on Dyna D weapons) and multi-hit effects on offhand.

For starters, let's say I'm dual wielding and I have 10% Double Attack. Does this mean each weapon has a 10% chance to attack twive or does multi-hit only proc on the main hand?

Second, follow-up attack is a completely seperate 0 delay attack round made after the attack round that proc'd it correct? Does this mean if it procs, when my attack round finishes I will instantly initiate another attack round meaning both main and off hand? Or does only the main handed Dyna D weapon attack.

Just curious as I'm day dreaming about the path B weapons and wondering if, assuming your follow-up attack price, your hypothetical 10% double attack has 4 chances to proc in 1 attack instance. Would be wild and really capitalize on multi-hit.
By cuddlyhamster 2018-11-12 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Anyone else not have their inactive mules activate during the free login campaign? Both my accounts are currently subbed, and one of them had the 8 inactive characters go live on the ninth but the other is still only allowing the three that I am actively paying for. I've been logged in somewhat constantly for the past week, is it possible my account didn't receive the "push" to activate all characters? (IDK how this works on SE's end, and if I should contact a GM, make a post on the forum or just deal with it)

Quote:
3. Character status under the inactive character options must be set to "Cancelled" status as of
Tuesday, November 6, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. (PST).
according to pol
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-11-12 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »

I had two characters set to be cancelled on November 7th, the rest had been cancelled long before that, aside from the three active character + Mog Wardrobe 3. So the two that were set to cancel threw the rest off? That sucks.

Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2018-11-13 10:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody enlighten me on the Physical Damage Limit thing found on most JSE divergence necks?

I remember some pretty accurate tests by Byrth early on which were clearly hinting at an increase of the pDIF cap.

But then some time ago Katriina posted some data in the DNC thread which were hinting to a damage bonus based on a proc rate, that procs on WS too, and that doubles (or multiplies, whatever) your physical damage on your current target.

So... what is real here? Is it a proc based damage bonus? Is it a fixed pDIF increase? Or what else?
Bump, would love to know
By tyalangan 2018-11-13 15:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the Bayld Crystal work? When is it traded?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-13 16:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crowned said: »

Bump, would love to know
It directly raises your pdif cap by 10%.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 569 570 571 ... 834 835 836