Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 557 558 559 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-20 18:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
So it doesn't proc on WS?

It can't. Officially, tp becomes zero (tp saved*) before a weaponskill takes effect.

Tp is "used" to power the ws then the ws happens, basically

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-08-20 19:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Will the new whm torque with yagrush ersex2 aoe?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-20 19:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Will the new whm torque with yagrush ersex2 aoe?

Yes, torque will make it erase 2 debuffs from everyone in range+party.
By Staleyx 2018-08-20 21:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

WELL HOT diggity dog LOH
By clearlyamule 2018-08-20 22:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
DirectX said: »
So it doesn't proc on WS?

It can't. Officially, tp becomes zero (tp saved*) before a weaponskill takes effect.

Tp is "used" to power the ws then the ws happens, basically
What about conserve/save tp, Meikyo Shisui and Sekkanoki?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-20 23:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't know when you start to take those things into account. I feel like it would be extremely broken if it did.

I believe conserve/save proc after the ws happens, sekkanoki/meiko should be the only variables, a sekkanoki 40k fudo would be 99999 5% of the time

Someone else would have to answer to be sure though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-21 14:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<;; when did they add weekly rewards to vagary

How long have I been missing out on free DM/Flesh/chains/souls
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-08-21 14:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary weekly ROEs were added this month, so, you haven't been missing out long.
[+]
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2018-08-21 16:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, small question : is it possible to have multiple reives cape on same character ?
i ask this because i have 2 of these in my inventory and i think i have a bug.
these 2 items are not augmented (EX flag).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-21 16:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it is possible. EX flag means you cannot trade the item. RARE flag means you can only possess one.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2018-08-21 16:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

OK TY
By Jinchuuriki3 2018-08-22 18:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of curious “mercenaries” what do weapons from Helm nms usually cost? Mainly drk Scythe nm “Misanthropy” teles

Also how much does a relic cost these days from 0 currency to atleast 75/99/119? Thanks in advance for info.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-22 18:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Varies wildly. HELM weapons aren't even worth a mil, but you won't expect to get one for less than 10. Stupid mercs would rather get zero than what it's worth.

This site has a relic calculator.
Give or take; 50m for cucu(75), 5m for marrows(99), 2 mil in plutons(119) then 60m for plutons(glow)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-23 19:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that VW addon that some people use automatically convert pulse weapons to cells if you don't have the item? Looking at it, it seemed like it doesn't but I wasn't super sure. I kinda wanted to get a dumb glowy dagger for lockstyle so if it doesn't check ownership I'd like to disable that.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-23 19:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi-Box question:

I generally like to keep Three Mules with me for my adventures and I was looking to add a 4th to my Private Army. Is there any way to sorta clone the PoL Sign-In so that I can keep a whole separate list of saved PoL-IDs? Or will I be doomed to "Guest-Login" every time I wanna use my 4th?

(For those curious, this is merely useful for me as I like having buffs and I hate asking around for buffers so I just bring my own to my random adventures)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-23 19:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Does that VW addon that some people use automatically convert pulse weapons to cells if you don't have the item? Looking at it, it seemed like it doesn't but I wasn't super sure. I kinda wanted to get a dumb glowy dagger for lockstyle so if it doesn't check ownership I'd like to disable that.

Yes... it does U_U I FINALLY got a Dolphinous, and it celled it on me

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Multi-Box question:

I generally like to keep Three Mules with me for my adventures and I was looking to add a 4th to my Private Army. Is there any way to sorta clone the PoL Sign-In so that I can keep a whole separate list of saved PoL-IDs? Or will I be doomed to "Guest-Login" every time I wanna use my 4th?

(For those curious, this is merely useful for me as I like having buffs and I hate asking around for buffers so I just bring my own to my random adventures)

Remove the Login_w.bin then you can create 4 more, you have to swap the bin file every time one crashes etc

I have 4 on Bin1 and then more on Bin2 so made a folder to just hold the one I'm not using. If you're smart you can create a "something" (I'm not smart enough) to swap bins for you, cmb knows how/what
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-23 19:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm would removing the items in question from the pulse_items table remedy that?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-23 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yes... it does U_U I FINALLY got a Dolphinous, and it celled it on me

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Multi-Box question:

Remove the Login_w.bin then you can create 4 more, you have to swap the bin file every time one crashes etc

I have 4 on Bin1 and then more on Bin2 so made a folder to just hold the one I'm not using. If you're smart you can create a "something" (I'm not smart enough) to swap bins for you, cmb knows how/what

Hmm I see. Well then that's just about the same amount of trouble I'd be going through to load my 4th Alt since it's only the one... I was hoping there'd be an easier/more Elegant* solution but it is what it is. Thanks for the reply though, still good to know.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-23 20:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a drag and drop, not much effort. At least, less effort than Guest Login (slightly)

If cmb sees it or you PM him, he knows how to explain the process to automate it.

Hmmm would removing the items in question from the pulse_items table remedy that?

This is one for snaps or the taru on quetz (forgot his name, sorry)
By trinironnie 2018-08-28 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SO with mog garden, am i just checking everything daily ? Should i do multiple pruning / mining, or single until i can't do it anymore. Currently rank 3 in the mostly everything.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-08-28 16:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Mog Garden count for Ionis crafting effects?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-08-28 16:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »
SO with mog garden, am i just checking everything daily ? Should i do multiple pruning / mining, or single until i can't do it anymore. Currently rank 3 in the mostly everything.
Yeah just check everything daily. Do pruning/mining in multiples, there's no advantage to doing single attempts. The furrows you can do multiple times a day depending on what you grow (Revival Roots are fastest).
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-08-28 16:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For most things in the Mog Garden, pretty much, yes. Ranking up basically comes down to how many times you've fished/harvested/whatever, and most of them are pretty much a set amount per day.

The two areas where you can accelerate progress are Monster Rearing and Furrows. For rearing, rankups are based on interactions (Pet, Yell, etc), which you can do twice if you can, say, pet a creature, release it, and then get a new one and interact with that. That still really just means checking into the garden once a day, but trading off your ability to evolve pets for faster ranking up.

Furrows, on the other hand, can only really be accelerated by visiting your garden more. If you just plant whatever and check it once a day, it will take significantly longer to max furrows out than anything else in the garden. On the other hand, if you plant fast growing stuff like Revival Tree Roots or Absorbent Seeds, and check back in every hour or two (depending), then they can go faster.
[+]
By trinironnie 2018-08-28 16:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the replies will definitely change it up a bit. With monster rearing you stated to pet a creature, then release it. Will that reset the back if i evolved it?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-08-28 17:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the replies will definitely change it up a bit. With monster rearing you stated to pet a creature, then release it. Will that reset the back if i evolved it?
Yes, releasing it means you have to start a fresh pet from zero. So if you have any intention of getting the mementos from your current rank, it's better not to release them even though it'll cut your interactions per day in half.

Alternately you can just do the release trick to power up to high ranks if you only care about those mementos.
By geigei 2018-08-29 06:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How do i pimp fell cleave? using str/wsdmg set, adding frailty or str does nothing. Aoe trash in zitah.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-08-29 13:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my Tenodera solo's on DRG, utilizing jumps to keep my enmity down and using Gessho. He holds hate surprisingly well, but any good tank trust will do.

Could probably do the same on other DD jobs. Slow and steady especially toward the end so you dont have hate @ 1%, then finish him off.
By Nariont 2018-08-29 13:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Luna basically covered it, solod it on blu often and it was generally dead after 1 prophet, he usually just melts, can also use a pet job and sac that way
First Page 2 3 ... 557 558 559 ... 834 835 836