Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 553 554 555 ... 831 832 833
By Nyarlko 2018-07-07 14:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Is there a cap to Drain & Aspir+?

There is no known/reachable cap so far for Drain/Aspir+.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-09 13:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has SE ever explicitly stated a presence or lack of presence of a hidden effect on the mog garden gear (Hoe, Thatch Boots, Straw Hat, Work Gloves) ?

Furthermore, is there a storage slip that can hold them? They don't seem to be listed on any of the slips on bg-wiki, but I am hesitant to throw out anything that could potentially be useful and doesn't seem to be possible to reobtain.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-09 13:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They did, yes (not for every piece?) Not sure about the Hoe, other than scythe all jobs. but probably a safe bet.

Quote:
Vanity Gear Hidden Effects (2016/12/8)

The items “Straw Hat”, “Overalls”, “Work Gloves”, and “Thatch Boots” have no hidden effects. They are purely meant as vanity options. We hope players will use them not only when working in the Mog Gardens, but also to create various different scenes!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 18:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you drop Kumhau's Aura?

WKR aura information is seriously lacking on BG QQ I know how to break the other 5 but weirdly none of that info is on bg at all that I can find.

No amount of fire/fire sc/fire bursts are breaking it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-10 18:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Furthermore, is there a storage slip that can hold them? They don't seem to be listed on any of the slips on bg-wiki, but I am hesitant to throw out anything that could potentially be useful and doesn't seem to be possible to reobtain.
If they are storable on a slip the moogle was updated forever ago to tell you. Just trade it an item and if it is it will tell you which one.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-10 18:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

WKR aura information is seriously lacking on BG QQ I know how to break the other 5 but weirdly none of that info is on bg at all that I can find.

Remove the spikes with fire damage, then you can remove the aura by WSing from his back.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 18:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Remove the spikes with fire damage, then you can remove the aura by WSing from his back.

QQ an extra step, thanks
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-10 19:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best battlefield to spam during an Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign? And with which job?
By clearlyamule 2018-07-10 19:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
What's the best battlefield to spam during an Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign? And with which job?
They have pretty widely ranging drops so what are you looking for? Last I checked though for money was pretty meh.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-10 20:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
They have pretty widely ranging drops so what are you looking for? Last I checked though for money was pretty meh.

I just want to use my seals up as I have thousands. Anything worthwhile?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 20:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Like they all drop extra ***, they're all worthwhile if you feel like doing them.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Additional_Seal_Battlefield_Spoils_Campaign

Including "random npcable garbage that you may or may not care about" IE: scrolls, synth items etc
By clearlyamule 2018-07-10 20:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The things most people would care about are the cards and seal koupons for empyrean armor drop like candy of the ones that drop it.

Note if you are getting excited by hexed gear don't. NoN seems to have approximately equal distribution between all of a tier and HQs are like ~5% iirc
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-10 20:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I should probably save my seals for if I want them for something else someday? Perhaps lol.
By clearlyamule 2018-07-10 20:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's unlikely to get better and a lot of it's storable so if it's something you fancy I'd get it. Personally I used it way back to get full sets of empyrean +2 for eventual use
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 20:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The other seal event is way better, but I mean you've probably got damn 10,000 of each seal (they do cap by the way, lol). I just drop them now, too many to ever even consider bothering with.

The other one (whatever it's called) has skirmish stone drops at a really good rate.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-12 14:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is either incorrect, or extremely rare occurrence. Solid 20 minutes of nothing but wsing its ***, aura won't come off. 29:19 to break it.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-12 15:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This is either incorrect, or extremely rare occurrence. Solid 20 minutes of nothing but wsing its ***, aura won't come off. 29:19 to break it.

Have to take spikes off first, then WS (almost immediately in my experience.) Think like the monkey GFNM in EZ.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-12 17:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The spikes don't come back(until it applies a new aura). and the first ws doesn't remove the aura (100%) that's for absolutely certain.

Puts up aura > fire > random chance to remove aura with ws from behind. Aura came off faster as his hp got lower but that first one took almost an entire half hour to drop. Some other step missing from the process or something. even the jpwiki doesn't say how to remove it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-15 09:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Where do you trade seals for rems chapters?

Nowhere. ._.

Can do so indirectly by buying SKC20 orbs and winning for Ch1-5, or buy directly with sparks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-17 15:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Long over due question; how do you guys with multiple accounts unlock the satchels* for them, or do you not care about it for multiboxes.

Can you activate it on the phone then delete it 10 times, or need 10 phones or?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-17 22:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Long over due question; how do you guys with multiple accounts unlock the satchels* for them, or do you not care about it for multiboxes.

If you don't mind SE having a way to associate the accounts(they already do if you play them on the same IP), you can just delete the app 10x. Otherwise, bluestacks.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-17 23:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the consensus that elemental emblem cards for Escutcheons are affected by TH?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-18 00:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Is the consensus that elemental emblem cards for Escutcheons are affected by TH?

They're pretty terrible with and without lol, but yeah, affected by TH

(and the break rate is just unreasonable)
By Nyarlko 2018-07-18 07:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just deleting the app off your phone. That is a great way to screw yourself. :D

Install the app on your phone.
Do the registration crap.
Wait for a bit before logging into POL. (It can take ~5-15min for it to get fully activated and attached to your account.)
Verify that the token is active by looking for a new icon on the FFXI title screen (looks like a hardware token.)
As long as that icon is there, log into one of your characters and confirm that the Mog Satchel is accessible.
Shutdown FFXI.
Go back to your account page on POL and use the "EMERGENCY REMOVAL PASSWORD" to deactivate the token from your account.
Wait a few minutes again, then login to FFXI.
You should not have to enter the One-Time Password.
If it asks for it, then wait longer before trying to login.

Using the Emergency Removal password guarantees that you won't lose the satchel on deactivation, since it doesn't actually deactivate/remove the token on the account, it just suspends it because you "lost your phone". XD Another player told me he removed it normally and still kept his satchel, but the instructions specify that it'll get removed if you deactivate the token. It's just as easy to do it my way, which will work.

I don't actually remember if there were any restrictions on using the same phone for more than one account. I did use the same phone to do this for two accounts, but I also switched the active Google account between installs to match the emails that the FFXI accounts are registered to. :/
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-18 08:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That is mostly common sense, and no, you dont need to use the emergency password. Once satchel is active, it xan never be deactivated.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-18 14:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
That is mostly common sense, and no, you dont need to use the emergency password. Once satchel is active, it xan never be deactivated.

Common sense is not actually something all that common.. I always find it better to give more detailed instructions whenever possible.

Good to know that using the standard removal process won't deactivate Satchel now, but as that was still in the official instructions last I checked, it's still a safer bet to just use the 911 vs normal. Not like it's actually harder to do. <,<

Should note that when I initially set my own up in late 2015, using the normal procedure DID disable my satchel. I had to re-register the token, then use the 911 to retain access. But, that was almost three years ago, so maybe they changed it?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-07-18 14:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How many cp roughly are obtained for nq'ing an 85 crafting set?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-07-18 14:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
How many cp roughly are obtained for nq'ing an 85 crafting set?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/130540-Escutcheon-Questions?p=6956277&viewfull=1#post6956277
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 553 554 555 ... 831 832 833