Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 531 532 533 ... 835 836 837
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 04:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you buy anything, and I mean anything(*) the first couple months (time frame depending) you're a flat out moron. Period. You buy a new iPhone day of release, moron. Tv the day they put a new letter on 1080, idiot. (unless you plan to sell it to someone even dumber than you on ebay)

How stupid do you have to be to be paying double what it will cost in a week. This is hilariously true for +1 gear.

The rule for everything in life is *** SELL IT. Then buy it back for half price later. *qualifier, if it has exorbitant value.

That being said, capitalism cannot work without stupidity, so, you do need certain people to keep doing it.

/offtopic
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-31 04:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you ***up every thread?
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-31 07:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize not every piece of Relic +3 has been made yet, but have any been made that infer any greater bonus than their +1 counterparts?

I realize testing a small increased bonus would be difficult to discern... I'm just curious if people have made anything that has a noticeable increased benefit from +1 to +2, or +2 to +3.

An easier piece to test would be the PUP body. Has any dedicated PUP made the +2? Does it give more than 20 additional seconds to Overdrive?

Has anyone made GEO feet? Do all versions provide the same 5% increase to MP restored by Radial Arcana per merit level?

How long is Dia III lasting with each version of the RDM head?

Those might be the easiest to test of the more desired pieces... Thank you for your time!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-31 08:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you buy anything, and I mean anything(*) the first couple months (time frame depending) you're a flat out moron. Period. You buy a new iPhone day of release, moron. Tv the day they put a new letter on 1080, idiot. (unless you plan to sell it to someone even dumber than you on ebay)

How stupid do you have to be to be paying double what it will cost in a week. This is hilariously true for +1 gear.

The rule for everything in life is *** SELL IT. Then buy it back for half price later. *qualifier, if it has exorbitant value.

That being said, capitalism cannot work without stupidity, so, you do need certain people to keep doing it.

/offtopic

This is all relative to your income. If your salary is 9k/month, your mandatory expenses are $6k/month, and you want a new phone, you're not going to wait 3 months to have it. The value of the $150 you might save is less than the personal utility gained by enjoying the phone for that much longer.

If you make $1500/month and $1200 of it goes to bills, you're a retard to buy a brand new iphone #, because there are objectively better ways to improve your life with that money. Most people who do stuff like that are just concerned with appearance anyway, not what the phone would actually do for them.

You can't apply this directly to a game of this age either, because most players already have the majority of gear that provides significant improvements. Many can already defeat everything in the game. They play to stay ahead of the curve, and blatantly ignoring new content because the price will drop is counter to their enjoyment.
By geigei 2018-03-31 08:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl here with 400$ income carry phones worth 1k, retards +1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-31 08:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get that feeling, people talk about it all the time. It's a pain to do without a script or bellhop, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 08:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran some quick numbers on the keys vs prize powders, keys absolutely crushed it. (currently) the chance at an omen body, plus Su3, plus dynamis pieces (dienamis pushed it over the top)

Normally I would take the sure thing, but dienamis shards/voids are worth too much not to gamble on (this month only)

And prize powders are insanely inventory intensive, and take too damn long to get/sell. Time = money and while you get 1m for doing it, you lose too much time to make it worth it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-31 08:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes about 6 minutes on ashita. Since characters can do it concurrently, as long as you have some rudimentary automation it's 6 minutes to dump for as many characters as you have.

Omen bodies don't come from SP keys, only from anniversary. Dump 90 keys and you need to make 13.5m in drops to balance out, assuming you still prize powder the last 9999 accos each time. Whether that's likely to happen or not is tough to say without seeing SE's droprates, but my impression is that it isn't.. and you still have to move the dynamis pieces as well, which may take you more effort than just getting the powders would have.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 08:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't a public accolades equivalent to sparks for your average user on windower

And idk about omen bodies not coming from Sp keys, haven't seen one, doesn't mean its not possible

Moving dienamis pieces after this month will be impossible though, so its a one off
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-31 08:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And idk about omen bodies not coming from Sp keys, haven't seen one, doesn't mean its not possible
There's a flag on every item that can be received from the box in the dats. It isn't on the bodies. If you aren't capable of reading dats yourself, bg-wiki is systematically generated from them: you will see 'Obtainable from Goblin Box' on any item's page that can be obtained from the box. Pretty sure even midboss and lesser caturae drops aren't in it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 08:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat, TIL

So no KC from Sp key

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-31 09:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably comes down to personal preference/desire to gamble right now, given current dyna prices. Prior to shard/voids being in it, powders won by a huge margin, and they soon will again. You probably arent terribly hindering profit right now doing keys.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-04-03 18:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, this is gonna be long but due to a bug with my server's TP values atm Sam is getting the equivalent of an extra 15 Store TP which allows me to achieve a 5-hit build somewhat easily. Usukane is not currently an option. This is a 75 cap 2009 ish era server. So assume 75 SAM, capped merits.

Which is better? These TP sets using Carbonara to achieve 5-hit assuming capped accuracy
ItemSet 357804

Kaiten aftermath TP set:

ItemSet 357805

or using red curry buns +1

but swapping out dusk feet for hachiman feet +1 on the first set

with dusk feet, white tathlum and hachiman gloves +1 on the aftermath TP set? Leaning towards the first two sets.

Can post WS Sets as well if requested.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-04-03 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively B.Kote or Alky bracelets for Kaiten for most trash mobs?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-04-04 17:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ELi5: Avatar's Favor and its effect on BP recast timer, specifically with Beckoner's Horn +1 (Avatar's Favor +3).

Do I have to wear it at the time of activating Avatar's Favor or just swap it in in my BP precast sets? I have my lua set up to do the latter.

Looking at the chart on BG Wiki is a little confusing. It's basically a combination of summoning magic skill and avatar's favor + effect to reach a tier level, but hard to tell exactly how it interacts with the recast of BPs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-04-04 18:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
There's a flag on every item that can be received from the box in the dats. It isn't on the bodies. If you aren't capable of reading dats yourself, bg-wiki is systematically generated from them: you will see 'Obtainable from Goblin Box' on any item's page that can be obtained from the box. Pretty sure even midboss and lesser caturae drops aren't in it.

Oh wow. Didn't even know there was a flag. Why is that even needed client-side? Lol
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-04-05 16:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
ELi5: Avatar's Favor and its effect on BP recast timer, specifically with Beckoner's Horn +1 (Avatar's Favor +3).
Basically there are two ways to reduce BP recast from the base 60 seconds.

1. BP recast stats. These cap at -15 each, and the overall cap is -30. So for example you can't just do -30 all in the BP recast category, anything beyond -15 is wasted and the rest needs to come from BP recast II or III. There's no gear that gives III, that only comes from job point gifts which give you up to -10 sec.

So with -10 from the gifts, you only need -20 from gear to cap it. It still caps at -15 per category so you still need some from recast I and some from recast II. For example, the most common scenario people have is -13 recast I (Baayami Cuffs and Slops) and -7 recast II (Sancus Sachet +1) for -20 total. Add the -10 from gifts and you're capped.

2. Avatar's Favor. This is a totally separate category, and isn't included in the overall -30 sec cap. It goes beyond that. For the most part, each tier of favor you add will reduce recast by another 1 second.

However, Favor does not start out at its max value. It starts out at tier 1, and it builds slowly over time. Your summoning skill, and Beckoner's Horn, determine where Favor will max out, not where it starts. The only thing that affects the strength of Favor on a freshly-summoned avatar is the job point category for Avatar's Favor. Anyone with capped Favor job points, and -30 sec recast, will generally have a BP recast of about 26 seconds on a fresh avatar.

As time goes by with the same avatar out, its max favor tier available increases. If your skill/favor bonuses are high enough, your avatar will then gain the increased favor tier. This happens constantly, so if you aren't wearing Beckoner's Horn +1 and then you equip it, if your avatar has been out for long enough then your favor tier will immediately jump up from equipping the horn.

Do I have to wear it at the time of activating Avatar's Favor or just swap it in in my BP precast sets? I have my lua set up to do the latter.
You only need to swap it in for BP precast set. (Or actually midcast works too, since it's a JA. So if you're doing it in precast, make sure something else isn't getting swapped in for midcast because that will take precedence over the precast gear.)

Favor seems to keep track of how long it's been active for a given avatar, and when you change your gear, it adjusts the favor tier appropriately.

Looking at the chart on BG Wiki is a little confusing. It's basically a combination of summoning magic skill and avatar's favor + effect to reach a tier level, but hard to tell exactly how it interacts with the recast of BPs.
Yes that's basically it, plus you want the -30 to your recast but that won't be as obvious from looking at a master SMN's equip set because with Baayami gear, all the recast stats come from gear that's also BiS summoning skill. So it will look like it's just a full skill build, but really you do need those recast stats. Particularly, Sancus Sachet and Baayami Cuffs/Slops. Those will get you -19 seconds, gifts will get you -10 seconds, so you only need another -1 second. Espiritus is one way to get it. Sancus Sachet +1 is another. Conveyance Cape augment is another. There are lots of ways, you just need to make sure it's -20 total if you have both BP recast gifts.

BP Recast I, II, and gifts, will get you up to -30 sec recast, for a 30 sec timer. Then there's Favor, which is a totally separate reduction, which can give you up to another -9 sec for a total of -39.

Edit: -9 sec tier is very hard to hit (requires the 670 skill tier with Beckoner's Horn +1 equipped). -8 sec tier is not actually at 575 like you would expect, it seems to skip the 575 skill tier. To hit -8 seconds you only need 512 skill with Beckoner's Horn +1 equipped. That number is MUCH easier to hit and will give you 22 second BP recast. Again though, only on an avatar that's been out for a minute or so. Every resummon resets it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-06 04:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows if "Charmed" is considered a proper status debuff by the game engine?

We know that elemental and magic resist (or magic acc- on the user of Charm) greatly affect the outcom of the Charm ability/spell, but I wonder if Status Resist+ would help to that end as well or if it would be useless because the game doesn't consider it a status debuff.

Anybody knows? While I know it could be hard to test, it would be very useful to know the answer to that question.
I guess Virelai doesn't work on other players in Ballista/Brenner and only gives "bind" like Charm, correct?
Is there a monster that spams Charm on players? I can only think of monsters that use it rarely during the course of a fight. Like BST NMs and such, tipically as their "one time SP triggered at certain HP %"
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-06 04:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it does.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-06 04:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Yes, it does.
And this is because you saw "Resist" message like you said in the other thread, which indicates it happened during the secondary check (status resist) which is separate from the primary check (caster's macc vs target's meva), correct?

That's really nice to know, thanks Geriond!
If anybody is reading this, it would be very cool to see this information added on the Charm page and mentioned in the Virelai one as well.

This also means that, for RUN, Pflug with Tenebrae should also grant an additional and strong status resistance to Charm, separate from the one granted by light element resistance.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-06 04:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

While Pflug does work on Charm (and seems to at least work on anything Status Resist does), I don't know how it stacks with Tenacity and Resist Status gear.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-06 04:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
While Pflug does work on Charm (and seems to at least work on anything Status Resist does), I don't know how it stacks with Tenacity and Resist Status gear.
Good point.
My impression is that Pflug has something strange going on. Wether it doesn't stack with Tenacity or other things, or something else.

I mean Pflug with 3 runes should by itself be a 30% resist rate.
Up that to 45% with 5/5 merits, and then 57% if you add Runeist Boots +3.
57% is a pretty huge number. Even with eyeballing you should see a huge difference, especially if it were the case it stacks with Tenacity's 15% and whatever resist+ gear you have.
Whereas my impression is that sure, you can see the difference, but it's not as big as what you'd expect from a ~57% bonus.
Is it just me or do other people share my skepticism?

This kinda led me to think that there's something odd about Pflug.
By geigei 2018-04-06 05:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Or resist is checked after macc vs meva, which sucks.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-04-06 07:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all forms of Charm can be resisted. On Teles I remember always resisting Entice but never Maiden's Virelai. On WoC is impossible to resist Virelai too, even with a resist charm set, Tenebrae x3 and Pflug. And even Odyllic Subterfurge has no effect!

This reminds me of terror. Stuff like Darrcuiln's Stalking Prey is easily resistable while Absolute Terror from Nauls in Aby-Tahrongi is not.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-04-06 22:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been getting time-out connections issues with PoL lately? It gets stuck on "acquiring group friend list" for me, and the farthest I ever get is the FFXI loading screen, but then it times out. Tried on both vanilla and windower.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-06 22:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like an internet issue, more than a pol issue

That happens to me when internet is throttled
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-04-06 22:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting 1066 and 0011 errors. Logged in a few hours ago no problem. Is internet neutrality dead already?

I also had trouble loading the SE account management site, don't seem to be having problems with anything else though.
First Page 2 3 ... 531 532 533 ... 835 836 837