Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 524 525 526 ... 831 832 833
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-02-11 10:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure Potency from WHM JP gifts behaves like Cure Potency I right? (e.g. if I have the 5% gift I only need 45% in cure pot. I gear to reach 50% cap).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-02-11 14:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I see, yeah it doesn't say % next to the integer.
 Asura.Dodu
Server: Asura
user: Tsuko
By Asura.Dodu 2018-02-12 11:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as these seal battlefield campaigns go, do rewards scale with entrance fee? Eg am I getting more out of a 50 HKC than a 30 KC encounter?
By clearlyamule 2018-02-12 12:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really scaled so much as each battlefield has different drops with the pronounced changes generally being with different orbs
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-02-12 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
maxiel said: »
Two Questions.

Are there any monster rearing pets that are super happy all the time and will give you stars like crazy as you resonate them? If not, are there any worth keeping around for the mats they give when you collect directly from there?

I have several red mog pells on some mules and have GEO, RDM, WHM, BRD, BLM, PLD and RNG. So far I know of Taeon TP for RDM, Taeon Phalanx, Telchine M.EVA/pet regen/Pet DT and enhancing duration. Are there any other useful BIS stats I can consider for my jobs before I go all in?
Taeon snapshot for rng

For the person asking the question:

Telchine enhancing duration
This set is prob the most useful with all those mage jobs. I adore my 5+ min hastes on WHM, among other buffs. If you ever take up SCH, it's even more useful (mega-long Accession+Perpetuance Storms, Regens, Embravas... it's killer stuff when you stack Telchine gear, Gada/Ammurapi, etc.) I'm sure GEO can make use of it too when you toss out buffs on people. Somewhat less useful on RDM since Composure + Empy set (and AF+2/+3 hands) exists.

Taeon snapshot?
RNG you might make use of a Snapshot Taeon piece, but personally I think that may be a little outdated if you don't already own it. I don't need any Taeon snapshot pieces any more, even when getting no Flurry, thanks to all the other newer snapshot gear we now have. Meghanada+2 feet, Carmine/+1 hands, Adhemar/+1 legs, Ambuscade cape, Oshosi body, etc.

Taeon Head/Body are the only options you should really even consider - and if you can equip Su3 gear, Oshosi Vest has more snapshot than max Taeon. For preshot sets, RNG or COR would both be better off with Carmine hands/Adhemar legs for snapshot AND rapid shot (or either job has AF+3 legs for Snap+15 if you need it for some reason). Ideally, RNG uses Orion+3 head (tons of Rapid Shot) and Empy body (Velocity shot reduction) over snapshot pieces anyway, even if you're slightly under snapshot cap adding large chunks of rapid shot like Orion+3 head ends up being better. For my RNG preshot sets, I only swap out Empy body for Oshosi when I have no flurry, and still use Orion+3 head even though I'm 1 snapshot under cap (I don't have Adhemar+1 legs). COR might get more use out of Taeon head though, with no Snap merits and a few less options than RNG.

Taeon FC body?
I like my Taeon FC body (9% total: 5 from augment, 4 from base stats) for several light DD/ranged jobs.

Taeon PUP gear
Very specific use, but Taeon is also really useful on PUP for a tanking automaton. I use 4/5 Taeon (all but head) with Pet: DT-/Meva/Regen as my default PUP tanking set. I also keep a couple pieces around for "hybrid" tanking situations where I want the puppet to tank but also do some damage: hands/feet with DT-/DA/Acc
By cuddlyhamster 2018-02-12 14:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dodu said: »
As far as these seal battlefield campaigns go, do rewards scale with entrance fee? Eg am I getting more out of a 50 HKC than a 30 KC encounter?

BG wiki's info on what different battlefields have a chance to drop
Your text to link here...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-12 17:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one that actually gets stressed out thinking about how good and how many ambuscade capes I should have...

Like I play a bit of everything and the amount of capes is daunting to say the least.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-12 17:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel more stressed for the inv space each cape take.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 01:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I feel more stressed for the inv space each cape take.
^ this.
Which could be easily solved, or at least mitigated, if SE were to add a stats-less "all jobs" ambuscade cape that you can augment for cross-job shared stuff like FC cape and so on.
But nooooooo, not happening, inorite SE?

Not sure about you guys but it would allow me to save quite a few inv slots.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-13 01:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

When I look at COR and realize I should have 7 different capes it just makes me not want to bother making any =/

(melee, preshot, shot, stand, salute, savage, QD) not even counting things like an hp/meva cape, a crit cape, it's overwhelming.

While you can go sub optimal and go like 3 capes... not good enough.
By Afania 2018-02-13 02:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have less than 3 ambuscade back on most of the jobs, and I bring them to VD/aeonic clear anyways. The game is easy enough that even "sub optimal" jobs can clear endgame today.

Besides epeening and bragging right, extreme optimizing on jobs rarely worth the effort, IMO. I have 12 ambuscade back for COR, does it suddenly make it parse 4 times more than another (mostly equally geared) COR with only 3 back pieces, or clear content 4 times faster? Of course not. It's just child of love really.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
When I look at COR and realize I should have 7 different capes it just makes me not want to bother making any =/

(melee, preshot, shot, stand, salute, savage, QD) not even counting things like an hp/meva cape, a crit cape, it's overwhelming.

While you can go sub optimal and go like 3 capes... not good enough.

If you roll with a BRD often, COR can get away with just 3 to 4 I think:
1) Melee STP back
2) Last stand
3) Savage blade
4) Possibly shooting stp back for those who really can't tolerate shooting in melee stp back.

It's possible to cap snapshot without ambu back, there may (or may not) be minor rapid shot gain from ambu back, and that's it. So snapshot can be skipped IMO.

There's another JSE back or mab back that can be used for QD, so it can also be skipped, in fact ambuscade back isn't ideal for QD, gunslinger with mab augment is.

Leaden/wf has minimal damage lose from 20 mdmg, so leaden/last stand can share the same back piece.

With a BRD for racc and attack buffs, shooting in melee stp back may yield similar result as shooting in ranged stp back, since Ranged attack has higher racc than melee and the purpose of shooting back is mostly for stp+10. But feel free to add 4th for shooting if that's really too gimp for you.

So yeah, 4 is really enough to have an above average COR IMO. Anything more than 4 is just child of love.

Edited for typo-ga.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 02:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
So yeah, 4 is really enough to have an above average COR IMO. Anything more than 4 is just child of love.
Same applies to most (even if probably not all) jobs, to be fair.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-14 05:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does NIN nuke feed mob TP? I think it does just not 100% sure.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2018-02-14 07:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but Subtle Blow applies.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-02-14 09:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
If you roll with a BRD often, COR can get away with just 3 to 4 I think:
1) Melee STP back
2) Last stand
3) Savage blade
4) Possibly shooting stp back for those who really can't tolerate shooting in melee stp back.
I recently made a DW cape and been using it really often. Whether it's lazy support not giving me haste or optimizing attack speed while /DNC (need 21 DW so adhemar+1 body, DW cape and suppa). Could argue that DW one is better than STP in general but I keep both options in case I need to /NIN
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-14 10:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't imagine playing COR without a shooting TP cape of AGI/racc/ratk/STP. Its just such a huge boon to ranged accuracy, something COR needs on legitimate content.
By tyalangan 2018-02-14 11:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 4 characters to get through Legendary status for Idris and Epeo. So, please humor me.

What is the easiest/mindless route in each coalition?
I looked through BG and didn't see a guide for this specific question. Would appreciate a link or written response! Anything to help!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-14 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
I have 4 characters to get through Legendary status for Idris and Epeo. So, please humor me.

What is the easiest/mindless route in each coalition?
I looked through BG and didn't see a guide for this specific question. Would appreciate a link or written response! Anything to help!

What are you asking, you have to do every single one at least one time, there's nothing variable. There's no options.

The easiest one to spam to raise rank? They're all equally easy except mummers. Mummers I spammed the boost moral.

There's no "defeat this" or "collect this" or "go here" that's inherently easier or harder than any other one available.
 Asura.Dodu
By Asura.Dodu 2018-02-14 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Completing every assignment is the requirement for Ygnas Directive, not Ergon weapons

Short answer: everything's easy in courier's; 'clears' in pioneer's; everything sucks in mummer's until moral boosting; everything's easy in inventor's; 'preserve' in peacekeeper's; 'survey' until you can do 'analyze' in scout's
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-14 12:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Completing every assignment is the requirement for Ygnas Directive, not Ergon weapons

Short answer: everything's easy in courier's; 'clears' in pioneer's; everything sucks in mummer's until moral boosting; everything's easy in inventor's; 'preserve' in peacekeeper's; 'survey' until you can do 'analyze' in scout's

Had it in my head to do each one once to save confusion later. not related to ergon, but logical. my mistake.
 Asura.Dodu
By Asura.Dodu 2018-02-14 12:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the same thing. Made life far easier
By clearlyamule 2018-02-14 12:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing highest rank ones possible raise the fastest but some of those can be annoying
By tyalangan 2018-02-14 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-02-14 18:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Had it in my head to do each one once to save confusion later. not related to ergon, but logical. my mistake.

I did each one once up to Advisor for each Coalition to unlock the 16th imprimatur and/or reduce recharge time by 30 minutes (can't remember which) then went back and finished up each to Legend but still haven't done each and every one just out of laziness.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-15 09:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this was asked a few pages back, but I've got conflicting information, so I'm hoping for a bit more clarity.

Blurred Weapons +1 and the Occasionally attacks twice rate. I'm trying to add it to my bst dps spreadsheet.

Someone posted 45% a few pages back as the rate, but I decided to reference other dps spreadsheets that were maintained.

Blu spreadsheet shows 40% rate for club and sword
thf spreadsheet shows 40% for dagger
Sam spreadsheet shows 60% for polearm

Is the patters 40% for 1 handed, 60% for 2-handed, and none h2h?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-15 12:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's just 40% for all
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-02-15 12:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you're already gonna do Ergon, might as well just do all of the tasks in preparation for Adoulin +1 ring reward and Ygnas trust. It's still helping you make progress, two birds with one stone and all that. Plus, it makes coalitions a little more engaging than just spamming one to get max rank.

It's way more annoying to end up deciding later to do the Ygnas quest line and have to do tasks in Legend rank coalitions for no benefit other than completion (and some bayld). I only had this problem to a small extent, with having forgotten to ever do the Pioneer's HELM tasks, but even that was annoying to have to go back out and complete. I'd have been mega-discouraged if I had similar issues with tons of other coalition assignments.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-15 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Pretty sure it's just 40% for all

Source? Pretty sure last test result showed 45% instead of 40%.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-15 12:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Source?

I could ask the same
First Page 2 3 ... 524 525 526 ... 831 832 833