Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 413 414 415 ... 849 850 851
 Sylph.Aeo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-01-06 13:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gulltop... why?

Dispel has "no effect" and rhino guard has "no effect" but his evasion boost remains...

EDIT:
Also... I haven't landed Blank Gaze on Ferrodon a single time. Not perfect gear but enough to consistently dispel Belphegor...
Is he really susceptible to it?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-06 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They both get like, permanent boosts for using their moves. Here are a few tips:

Gulltop: Use magic, especially ice, extensively. Because of his evasion, any melee except perhaps a THF or someone with Meditate/regain and a good elemental WS will be compromised after like, 3 minutes or so. Recommended trusts: Shantotto II, August and/or Amchuchu, whatever support is needed, other magic types like Teodor, Kayeel-Payeel, etc. I recall that there was a blue !! proc, which I think was caused by massive Ice damage, but I don't remember the effects, though it may have dropped his evasion by a stage.

Ferrodon: You can't remove his attack boost with dispel. However, he's very susceptible to Stun, and a trust like Zeid II is great in this regard. Consider using Amchuchu (for aoe Fast Cast) and ensure Zeid is Hasted with trusts like Ulmia and Koru-Moru, as this will help his recast tremendously. Shantotto II also does phenomenally. Gessho is ideal as a trust tank, especially when teamed up with Amchuchu. Massive water damage triggers a blue !! which likely lowers his attack boost by a stage.
 Sylph.Aeo
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-01-06 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
They both get like, permanent boosts for using their moves. Here are a few tips:

Gulltop: Use magic, especially ice, extensively. Because of his evasion, any melee except perhaps a THF or someone with Meditate/regain and a good elemental WS will be compromised after like, 3 minutes or so. Recommended trusts: Shantotto II, August and/or Amchuchu, whatever support is needed, other magic types like Teodor, Kayeel-Payeel, etc. I recall that there was a blue !! proc, which I think was caused by massive Ice damage, but I don't remember the effects, though it may have dropped his evasion by a stage.

Ferrodon: You can't remove his attack boost with dispel. However, he's very susceptible to Stun, and a trust like Zeid II is great in this regard. Consider using Amchuchu (for aoe Fast Cast) and ensure Zeid is Hasted with trusts like Ulmia and Koru-Moru, as this will help his recast tremendously. Shantotto II also does phenomenally. Gessho is ideal as a trust tank, especially when teamed up with Amchuchu. Massive water damage triggers a blue !! which likely lowers his attack boost by a stage.

All of that is missing from the BG pages on them, thank you for that. Shantotto II was a game changer on Gulltop, not sure if the ice damage is a cumulative total or a single shot but I saw a lot of random blue procs between her and Amchuchu. Fight still got rather tricky at the end, his evasion became a problem but I was able to finish him off w/ Spectral Floe.
By Faapdiope 2016-01-07 00:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant see my pet attacking on screen, but it shows it is in log. Any one know why that might be
By Davorin 2016-01-07 02:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried moving your camera?
By Faapdiope 2016-01-07 02:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. Been happening ever since I unlocked BST.
 Sylph.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-08 06:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get a basic set for some random nuking With geo (mostly mb in cp parties), and since helios is kinda pricey to augment properly, i thought i might get hagondes +1. Fact is the damn ki for the upgrade seems very rare. Would it be completely unacceptable to augment and use the nq version?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-08 06:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

not completely unacceptable, but sounds like a waste of time. Wailing stones can be evil to give the right augment.
This is even worse on sets like Hagondes where the possible types of Augments are so many...

GEO has some decent nuking pieces from AF3, plus have you considered Witching Robe? Welkin Crown? Merlinic Head/Legs/Feet are also awesome, easy to get and cheap to augment. If you want to focus on something I'd focus on those instead of wasting time and gil on Hagondes.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-08 06:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Those would be aweaome, but I dont have a linkshell and server is sylph
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-08 06:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really need a linkshell to do Reisenjima T1s. Aren't there shouts on Sylph? I'm sorry, I don't know the server.
Most of them are very easy and can be easily lowmanned with a couple of players and rest NPCs.

If you dig around strategies and setup (can find a lot of information on threads here, on BG and on BG-Wiki) you could be the one to shout yourself.

Merlinic Crackows - Selkit (Scorp)
Bring a good tank, a strong DD (blu is awesome) and a GEO, use Apururu trust and 2 more support trusts. Tell the GEO to use Vex and Haste.
You might wipe once or twice but it's normally an easy fight if Tank and DD know what they're doing. Look for more info if you need additional details

Merlinic Shalwar - Crom Dubh (Dullahan)
Can tank this easily with August, but you're gonna need a SCH to make SCs from far away, and a mage to MB on them. I think he's weak to Fire. GEO is also useful for Malaise/Acumen to make the fight faster, plus he can MB as well.
Again, you might wipe a couple of times but pop items are cheap (can buy them with Sparks. Get Darksteel Buckler)

Merlinic Hood - Dazzling Dolores (Molboro)
This one is a bit trickier because of how it works. Have a GEO keep Vex/Attunement up, use a setup similar to the previous one. Can be stunned. Avoid earth damage at all costs, including earth-based SCs or anything else.

Meanwhile you can totally use Azimuth body, hands and legs to nuke. They're excellent pieces and you'll want to get them regardless for various purposes (last but not least the set bonus to midcast with once you're past 900 skill with JP gifts)
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-08 06:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Don't really need a linkshell to do Reisenjima T1s. Aren't there shouts on Sylph? I'm sorry, I don't know the server.
Most of them are very easy and can be easily lowmanned with a couple of players and rest NPCs.

If you dig around strategies and setup (can find a lot of information on threads here, on BG and on BG-Wiki) you could be the one to shout yourself.

Merlinic Crackows - Selkit (Scorp)
Bring a good tank, a strong DD (blu is awesome) and a GEO, use Apururu trust and 2 more support trusts. Tell the GEO to use Vex and Haste.
You might wipe once or twice but it's normally an easy fight if Tank and DD know what they're doing. Look for more info if you need additional details

Merlinic Shalwar - Crom Dubh (Dullahan)
Can tank this easily with August, but you're gonna need a SCH to make SCs from far away, and a mage to MB on them. I think he's weak to Fire. GEO is also useful for Malaise/Acumen to make the fight faster, plus he can MB as well.
Again, you might wipe a couple of times but pop items are cheap (can buy them with Sparks. Get Darksteel Buckler)

Merlinic Hood - Dazzling Dolores (Molboro)
This one is a bit trickier because of how it works. Have a GEO keep Vex/Attunement up, use a setup similar to the previous one. Can be stunned. Avoid earth damage at all costs, including earth-based SCs or anything else.

Meanwhile you can totally use Azimuth body, hands and legs to nuke. They're excellent pieces and you'll want to get them regardless for various purposes (last but not least the set bonus to midcast with once you're past 900 skill with JP gifts)
You have been very useful, thank you. There arent shouts in sylph, at least not during my play hours. I wanted to more to asura, but i have been told i need 900 skill on geo (865 atm) in order to get invited in cp parties there!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-08 07:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

900 skill is the last tier for bubble potency, so quite clearly it's a necessity for all GEOs, consider it your goal.

Still in my opinion it's unreasonable to DEMAND it for a CP party, but in the end it's the shouter's right to ask for whatever he wants regardless of our opinion on it.

To be blunt about it though, it would be impractical and quite obsessive for someone to be able to tell wether or not you're at 900. Especially if you're on charge of doing stuff like malaise, focus or acumen.
Just lie and say you have 900 already? Doubt anybody will notice, and in a few CP sessions you'll get the necessary gifts.
I mean, we're talking about CP, not some difficult end game content, doubt you'll go to he'll for lying on a couple of CP parties :-P
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-01-08 08:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no 'teirs' each skill goes up at different skill points, but all cap at 900.

The difference between 865 skill and 900 for stuff like mab/acc etc is like 1 point of acc or 1 mab. Its completely unnoticeable. For atk /defense, its like 2-3% and again is 100% unnoticeable.

If your group is relying on that extra 1 acc +/-1 acc down for the DDs then the DD are already too weak.

Acc/macc/matb/-eva/-mdef all scale very minor from 850 to 900. People are just being idiots when it comes to what they want from a geo as they have no idea what the difference is only that at 900 its capped.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-01-08 08:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
To be blunt about it though, it would be impractical and quite obsessive for someone to be able to tell wether or not you're at 900. Especially if you're on charge of doing stuff like malaise, focus or acumen.

It'd be trivial to do a quick check with Indi-Precision and /checkparam though. 900+ skill and a +5 Geomancy bell will be 75 ACC, which would take literally a few seconds to verify.

I don't disagree with the notion that demanding 900 skill for CP is kinda silly, just saying, if someone wanted to check, they very easily could.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-08 08:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think I talked about precision in my example, did I? ^^`

And while I have no solid base to say this, it's my belief that the large majority of people who demands 900 skill for a cp party doesn't really know the values they give :-P
By dustinfoley 2016-01-08 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

again though,
at 865 skill you have 48+25 acc
at 882 skill you have 49+25 acc
at 900 skill you have 50+25 acc

So if your group hinges on those 2 pts of acc, your DD suck
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-08 19:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware that Engulfer's Cape (+1)/Warder's Charm (+1)/elemental sachet/etc absorb effects don't stack with each other, but did anyone ever test whether or not they stack with the set bonuses on the Chevalier's and Erilaz armor sets?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-08 19:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

for the geas fete required items column, can you use any of the items in there for any of that teirs nms? example: Escha - Ru'Aun; could use 2 steel ingots or a turtle bangle for any of the t1 nms?
 Phoenix.Livinlegend
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Livinlegend 2016-01-10 10:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All,

Went to login this morning, and received messages saying I need to update to the latest POL version and then it says I need to register a new POL account. I've been logging in on this laptop for the past 3 years so not sure why I'm suddenly getting this screen. I haven't downloaded anything out of the ordinary expect for a couple of LUA files from these foums. I had a similar issue about 7 years ago when I got hacked so I'm a little concerned at the moment. I'm also concerned because its only doing it on my laptop and not my desktop. I swept my laptop with Malawarebytes, HItmanPro and adwcleaner, there was one trojan but it was in my XIV folder.

Has anyone seen something like this before?
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-10 10:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
for the geas fete required items column, can you use any of the items in there for any of that teirs nms? example: Escha - Ru'Aun; could use 2 steel ingots or a turtle bangle for any of the t1 nms?
That is correct for any cell that covers more than one NM, so pretty much just the T1s.
(though you can argue that the T2s in Zi'Tah share their pops, they're kinda breaking the trend of the other two zones, and it just wouldn't work with how the tables are set up to make them like that.)

EDIT:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I'm aware that Engulfer's Cape (+1)/Warder's Charm (+1)/elemental sachet/etc absorb effects don't stack with each other, but did anyone ever test whether or not they stack with the set bonuses on the Chevalier's and Erilaz armor sets?
iirc, they all stack. (though I think what you meant was if their proc rate is additive)
It's just that none are additive with each other. (though I think there was two things that added together? idr what they were though.)
So you'll have multiple chances.... but each chance will just be the base chance... so you don't really notice a large gain from stacking them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 11:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Warder's and Engulfer's don't stack. If they stacked additively, they should grant a 10% chance at absorption. If it's two sequential checks, it'd effectively be a 9.75% chance. Too close to parse out with a sane sample size, but the negative case (5% = no stacking) is distinct enough to be clearly evident in Martel's testing. However, I've found no testing where they were combined with PLD or RUN's Empyrean 119 set bonus. There are situations in which such a combination is potentially part of a viable mitigation set, if the two effects stack. If they do it'd likely be two sequential checks.

Simple answer for the Geas Fete question: does the item column feature an "or" between each of the different options? If so, any of them will do. If not, you'll need whichever item is specified.
By Draylo 2016-01-10 13:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that sucks, time to get rid of warder's for something else lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 13:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Still BIS for an all-in-one elemental resist piece. I carry both, I just don't use them simultaneously.
 Phoenix.Twiste
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Twiste 2016-01-10 16:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a good shield to use on PLD while in the process of making Aegis and Ochain?

Currently using Priwen, not sure if there's a better option.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-10 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Twiste said: »

Currently using Priwen, not sure if there's a better option.

Blurred Shield to look fancy as f*ck.

Priwen is really good tho and can beat Ochain on some stuff.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-10 16:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best MACC neck for SCH?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-10 17:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
What's the best MACC neck for SCH?

Not sure if troll question or not ! In any case...

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/26023/sanctity-necklace
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 17:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Incanter's Torque, Sanctity Necklace, and whichever skill+10 necklace is relevant (in the event that you lack the full set for Incanter's) all offer macc+10.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-10 18:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

how the heck do you get Bia's shield off??
I tried him the first time and sat there fighting for almsot 10 min without that thing going away. The second try he used it and then it went away quick (not sure why) but at 1% he used it again and none of my physical or magical atks from me or my pet would do any dmg.

edit: and do any vorseals effect or transfer to pets?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 19:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Same way any Caturae's shield comes off: deal the necessary amount of damage of a certain type (blunt/h2h/piercing/slashing/magic) or use a typeless damage source (Requiescat/Twilight Scythe/Quick Draw) for the same effect.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 413 414 415 ... 849 850 851