Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 414 415 416 ... 849 850 851
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-10 19:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The shields on those NMs require dealing a certain amount of damage of a specific type, being either:

- Slashing
- Melee piercing
- Blunt (excluding hand-to-hand)
- Hand-to-hand
- Ranged
- Magic

You can also use moves that are type-less to ignore and break the shields such as Requiescat, Quick Draw, Formless Strikes, and I think Concentric Pulse. Recommended to bring some form of Regain, whether it's a COR, SAM or /SAM, or use the temp item wings or Monarch Drinks (can be bought with silt from Dremi).

Vorseals apply to pets and trusts.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-10 19:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Same way any Caturae's shield comes off: deal the necessary amount of damage of a certain type (blunt/h2h/piercing/slashing/magic).

yea.. iv always stayed away from caturae's when i could. Hate them ***...
But thats gonna be a bit more problematic solo/duo
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 19:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BST shouldn't have too much trouble with it. You do have native dagger and club skill, and I'd assume the relevant pet skills count for magic damage. Still a small chance of getting screwed I suppose, but not so bad as you might think.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-10 19:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
BST shouldn't have too much trouble with it. You do have native dagger and club skill, and I'd assume the relevant pet skills count for magic damage. Still a small chance of getting screwed I suppose, but not so bad as you might think.

perhaps not. Iv just been away or barely on for so long these last 2 years that im forgetting a lot of simple stuff here.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-10 19:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You kinda have to rely on trusts to fill in the blanks if you can't do it all yourself. Even worse, some of them have Doom and/or Terror effects, which can make it incredibly hard to manage trusts and break the shield at same time.
Some trusts worth considering:

- Prishe or Nashmeira II will both use Cures/Curaga V and will melee with hand-to-hand. I dunno bout Prishe, but I know Nashmeira will also use status removals and has a hate reset WS. It's possible that Prishe's Nullifying Dropkick is type-less, as it works on Promathia, but I've never tested.
- Teodor and Balamor are immune to Doom, but I'm not certain what their damage types are aside from some dark-based magics and Teodor's nukes.
- Selh'teus has aoe healing/TP gain WS as well as ranged regular attacks. He also has regain at 50 tp/tick.
- August gets 50% Terror resistance, but that won't help him against the gaze or Doom. He does have a wide variety of damage types though, used randomly.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-10 20:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Teodor probably deals piercing damage, given that vampirism does likewise. Probably. I'm making some assumptions about SE and consistency here.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-10 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

unless newer monsters act differently, a majority (nearly all) monsters deal slashing damage. even ***like beastmen ranged attacks are not piercing lol

can easily test with a tulfaire though
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-10 20:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage type testing is best done in Ro'Maeve or Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, as there are all of those Shantotto NMs that are only susceptible to specific damage types. As for the Teodor trust, I'm fairly certain he has a few different damage types with his attacks, much like August does. One of his swings isn't even with Vampirism, and all of his swings can be done from an unusually long range.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-10 22:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to get quested AF that you've dropped?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-01-10 22:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
Is there a way to get quested AF that you've dropped?

You can erase your memories at reset the quest at a guy in Lower Jeuno (and then do the quest again).
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-10 22:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, name is Vingijard in Lower Jeuno magic shop, for anyone wondering
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-11 04:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I made the decision the other day to spruce up my sets in general and I started with getting well augmented Taeon feet with DW for my THF.

Now I haven't done a huge amount of Alluvion Skirmish and ended up getting frustrated with the amount of stones I needed to use to get the augments I desired, which was basically using Snowslit, Leafslit and Dusktip.

Out of curiosity how soloable are the skirmishes? I would technically be dual boxing but my mule would basically be there to cure + buff in rala/cirdas and be book *** in Yorcia.

Like, what tier skirmishes should I expect to clear if any, I have seen that you can do a Yorcia Sash run easy enough but ideally I want to get leafslit and dusktip and sash favours orbs.

Obviously in the long run if I can do that to the point I don't need augments, stones are still big sellers which is promising too.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-11 06:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the addon InstaLS broken? I hate waiting 10 secs after zoning to talk ):
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-11 06:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is the addon InstaLS broken? I hate waiting 10 secs after zoning to talk ):
Wasn't broken when I was using it last night.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-11 07:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea why mine wouldn't be working?
By Colossusx 2016-01-11 07:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is somewhere else but how do i move timers/recast timers around so they are in a place where i want them? alos is there a plugin for cp/hr? cant seem to find it. thank you
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-11 08:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossusx said: »
Sorry if this is somewhere else but how do i move timers/recast timers around so they are in a place where i want them? alos is there a plugin for cp/hr? cant seem to find it. thank you

For positioning of timers, you need to go into your Windowers 4 > Plugins > Settings, then open Timers with Notepad ++ or w/e you use, then edit Recast X and Y, Buffs X and Y. For the plugin for CP/HR, it's actually an Addon called Pointwatch.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-11 08:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Any idea why mine wouldn't be working?
That's Bryth's plugin so maybe he'd have a better idea.
Colossusx said: »
Timers plugin will have it's own settings file in the settings folder so the path is something like C:\Program Files(x86)\Windower4\Plugins\Settings.

As for what setting needs to be changed, not 100% sure off the top of my head and can't check since I'm at work but it will be some reference to X position and Y position.

There is an addon for CP/hr called Pointwatch.
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2016-01-11 09:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The shields on those NMs require dealing a certain amount of damage of a specific type, being either:

- Slashing
- Melee piercing
- Hand-to-hand
- Ranged
- Magic

I've heard that each caturae has a much higher probability (~75%?) that the shield will be one damage type over the others. For example, Met is more likely to be magic damage as the white proc.. If this is true, does anybody have the list of each cat and the damage type they are more susceptible to?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-11 09:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I can't remember which but when we did one of the caturae it did H2H shield a lot.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-11 09:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Branden said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

- Slashing
- Melee piercing
- Hand-to-hand
- Ranged
- Magic

I've heard that each caturae has a much higher probability (~75%?) that the shield will be one damage type over the others. For example, Met is more likely to be magic damage as the white proc.. If this is true, does anybody have the list of each cat and the damage type they are more susceptible to?

Just a fun trick for any SCHs out there. When it puts up its shield, there's a small time frame (probably 1 sec) where you can land a helix onto it. The damage from Helix's DoT will eventually take off the barrier. The time frame starts right after you see the message when all debuffs on the caturae wears off. Can post a vid if anyone wants it. .-.!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 13:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any effective (or more effective then other) ways to farm slit? Since im looking to start a few things in escha, the cost of upgrading vorseals and ki's and what not is pretty expensive. Or at least its expensive compared to my 35-40k total slit..
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-11 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
are there any effective (or more effective then other) ways to farm slit? Since im looking to start a few things in escha, the cost of upgrading vorseals and ki's and what not is pretty expensive. Or at least its expensive compared to my 35-40k total slit..
Not really, just gotta farm the *** out of escha areas, with 2-3x exp and 2x silt you should be able to get a healthy supply this month.

During the last CP campaign I ended up with 1.4m silt earning my job points in Reisenjima.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Not really, just gotta farm the *** out of escha areas, with 2-3x exp and 2x silt you should be able to get a healthy supply this month.

During the last CP campaign I ended up with 1.4m silt earning my job points in Reisenjima.

thats kinda the final goal for right now. To effectively be able to solo job points. But i need my rdy set first. I have the hexed pieces but i need the abjuations from gete fete nms in ru-ann t1-3. Which looks like i need to clear each teir to be able to pop (much less defeat.) Upgrading vorseals would help with that. Need slit to do that. Slit gained from CPing/job points. Right back where is tarted.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 14:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

on that same note; how do CP pts work? I havnt been in a 6man xp type pt since before aby. I noticed a lot of them are only 1 hour shouts. Which is quite a change from old merit pts. But most every shout i see is ppl shouting for the exact same jobs; blm, geo, sch, cor. With CP being job specific one would assume that those jobs have there points by now. Or that after this amount of time they would be excepting other jobs. There was one shout the other day, the guy was shouting for like 3 hours (that i saw) trying to find a last blm. Seemed a waste of time to me.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-11 14:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's a good turnout, try going to Azi Dahaka, Naga Raja, and Quetzalcoatl when they're up. Survival becomes significantly easier with more people as aoe healing trusts are going to spam that the second something like Wing happens. Anyway, spamming crits or aoe'ing the adds are very effective ways to build up your evaluation, which can net you 12k (during this event) every minute or so if you max it. A high evaluation will also net you the beads an augmenting materials you'll want as well.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-11 14:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

on that same note; how do CP pts work? I havnt been in a 6man xp type pt since before aby. I noticed a lot of them are only 1 hour shouts. Which is quite a change from old merit pts. But most every shout i see is ppl shouting for the exact same jobs; blm, geo, sch, cor. With CP being job specific one would assume that those jobs have there points by now. Or that after this amount of time they would be excepting other jobs. There was one shout the other day, the guy was shouting for like 3 hours (that i saw) trying to find a last blm. Seemed a waste of time to me.

The duration is normally due to exp bands, Ionis' duration, or merely trying to establish a well-defined timeframe.

People just want corsair for Corsair's Roll's ability to boost CP gained. Geomancer superbuffs. Scholar and Black Mage are good ways to kill things fast and many methods depend on them. Blue Mage and Beastmaster can be decent as well depending on what you're doing.

Traditional melees are generally *** and get by on solo'ing/slower parties or friends' charity. That's not to say they can't do just as well, it's just more work and no one wants that.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 19:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 19:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Traditional melees are generally *** and get by on solo'ing/slower parties or friends' charity. That's not to say they can't do just as well, it's just more work and no one wants that.

aint that the truth. Ppl have become lazy and/or selfish. Even simple stuff. Just the other day i was shouting for 8 synths with reward 100k. Ironically, it was blizzy that was first to respond. He asked what i was making - vexed gear from the items i got during the log in campaign. To which i received a reply saying the reward wasnt worth his time to craft that because it could be hqed. (as someone that hates selfish ppl and as someone thats crafted hundreds of items for strangers.. for free.. That kinda pissed me off.) Hq or not, it was 8 synths. Thats what? 100k for 2-3 minutes of 'work'

Eventually i got ahold of master tarutaru, Nubbinater. He was willing to do them for me. Coincidentally enough he actually did hq one of them. So i offered for him to make me another one once i get mets (was short a few for an extra) and he could keep the hq. In the end he just bought me one nq and walked away with the 100k plus the HQ vexed item for his troubles.

Few days later i had another one for the remaining vexed item. A whole 2 synths this time (was a different craft. LC instead of GS) Was talking to mysticferret to see if she was willing to try. Because i didnt know anyone else on the server that had the skill. Then the moment i ask her if shes willing to try this, when ever she had the time, i get a fast reply <i dont understand english> Eventually a guy named acidic did them for me.

But it annoys me how so many are not willing to help others out anymore. Whether its more involved or something as simple as a synth. (And then complain ppl arnt at there level.) Personally, i always liked it when someone asked me to make them something. Or when i got complements or thanks yours for some of the crafting guides i made for everyone.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 19:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
People just want corsair for Corsair's Roll's ability to boost CP gained.

back to those days again eh.. I remember pting around 37ish in east ranfaure (s) on birds when our cor had to leave. Unable to find another cor our pt leader refused to continue. Wasnt worth his time to pt without one. So he dissolved the pt and left. Never made sense to me.
First Page 2 3 ... 414 415 416 ... 849 850 851