Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc 5 hit build
Apoc 5 hit build
First Page 2 ... 15 16 17
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-01-23 10:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody have a good Apoc TP, Catastrophe, Aftermath 5 hit build that also calculates tp return from Entropys in between Catas?
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
Server: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-01-23 10:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

armadaberk is 6 store tp, 5 acc, 2 da (settled since i burned 100's of tatters going for 6 store tp 3 da)

this is mine, aftermath would just be calmecac trousers but i mostly spam entropy with it
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-23 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is mine, DRK is my VW job so I won't use any -acc equip unless its to keep my xhit.
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-01-23 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say the same, I'm rarely on the same job for voidwatch.

On another note, If/When I got Ganesha's Mala, Using Attila's Earring would give me enough store tp to keep my 5 hit and use Mala.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-01-23 12:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I came up with on my own. Adaberk isn't augmented since I haven't played the game for a year and just by looking at new items as they come out I came up with this. So please if there's anything you think I should change let me know lol

TP:

Catastrophe:

Aftermath:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 12:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with taint except I would use mala (unless REALLY struggling for acc).

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
Here's what I came up with on my own. Adaberk isn't augmented since I haven't played the game for a year and just by looking at new items as they come out I came up with this. So please if there's anything you think I should change let me know lol TP: Catastrophe: Aftermath:

Tactical is never a good idea over atheling unless you MUST. You're trying to kill the statistical advantage you get from apoc aftermath by losing that 35 attack, and thats just assessing one slot.

I would attempt to get relic+2 gloves. They beat out ogier's for both cata and entropy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-01-23 12:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Then where would I make up the 6 STP? In an augmented Armadaberk only? And I only put Ogier's for the STP and decent STR on it to maintain the 5hit after ws.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 12:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
Then where would I make up the 6 STP? In an augmented Armadaberk only? And I only put Ogier's for the STP and decent STR on it to maintain the 5hit after ws.

You included a blurpleberk in one of your sets. I assumed you had one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-01-23 12:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have it augmented. Yet anyway. Wasn't sure if NQ had up to 6STP or not.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-23 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I 6hit with AM down, 5hit with AM up. Works very well.

Mala doesn't exist.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 13:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Mala doesn't exist.

I have gotten toci's 3 times now and I'd trade all of them for the boots. I have amazing luck in VW, as long as it's the item's I want least. Kaggen? 0/200+ on body. Akvan? 1/8
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-23 13:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Mala doesn't exist.
I have gotten toci's 3 times now and I'd trade all of them for the boots. I have amazing luck in VW, as long as it's the item's I want least. Kaggen? 0/200+ on body. Akvan? 1/8

0/200 ish on Kaggen too, i've seen dozens of terrible gimps get it, VW loot is very annoying.
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-01-23 14:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Toci's/Mala don't exist for me, while i have just about everything else.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-01-24 08:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is mine, DRK is my VW job so I won't use any -acc equip unless its to keep my xhit.

I use the same except Mala the majority of the time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-02-14 15:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Update to the 5 hit. Any suggestions?

Valkplate gonna try for TA+3 ACC+9

Phoenix.Pugnax
Server: Phoenix
user: Pugnax
By Phoenix.Pugnax 2012-02-25 08:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

About to get my apoc on sunday, was wondering about these sets since im going to 5-hit

TP No Aftermath

Catastophe

TP w/ aftermath

any suggestions are welcomed
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-02-25 10:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pugnax said: »
About to get my apoc on sunday, was wondering about these sets since im going to 5-hit

TP No Aftermath

Catastophe

TP w/ aftermath

any suggestions are welcomed

22.2x5 = 111 + 17.6 way too much
22.2x4= 88.6+17.6 way too much
22.2x3 = 66.6 + 17.6 way too low

You can remove strap, hagneia just for ws

21.2x5=106 + 17.2 way too much
21.2x4=84.8 + 17.2 = 102

Just from lazy math

(added stp on neck slot too by mystake but not much a change)
 Phoenix.Pugnax
user: Pugnax
By Phoenix.Pugnax 2012-02-25 11:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I change my sets somewhat and now have

TP No aftermath at 20.9tp/hit

Catastrophe at 17.3 tp

and TP w/ aftermath 21.1tp/hit
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-02-29 02:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I change my sets somewhat and now have

TP No aftermath at 20.9tp/hit

Catastrophe at 17.3 tp

and TP w/ aftermath 21.1tp/hit

That's about what I was calculating a few minutes ago except aftermath down would be 20.7/8 depending on 5 or 6 stp on berk meaning if you have nq or hq. Also this allows for some play with wearing a combo of ebody, goading or 6 haste belt and rheic dirs +3 depending on what you have available to you for non aftermath set

that 17.3 for ws is what I was going for using only rajas, rose and brutal as only stp on ws.

And aftermath being this set hits 20.8 tp per swing

If you have access to the neck, i'm thinking it might work out better overall than what i'd guess your using for aftermath set now.

Now as I'm missing the stp neck, ogier's gauntlets, and rheic dirs +3 so I can't actually see how it is.

Edit: Fixed a couple of thoughts that made no sense in my 3 am ramblings.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-29 09:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
I change my sets somewhat and now have TP No aftermath at 20.9tp/hit Catastrophe at 17.3 tp and TP w/ aftermath 21.1tp/hit
That's about what I was calculating a few minutes ago except aftermath down would be 20.7/8 depending on 5 or 6 stp on berk meaning if you have nq or hq. Also this allows for some play with wearing a combo of ebody, goading or 6 haste belt and rheic dirs +3 depending on what you have available to you for non aftermath set that 17.3 for ws is what I was going for using only rajas, rose and brutal as only stp on ws. And aftermath being this set hits 20.8 tp per swing If you have access to the neck, i'm thinking it might work out better overall than what i'd guess your using for aftermath set now. Now as I'm missing the stp neck, ogier's gauntlets, and rheic dirs +3 so I can't actually see how it is. Edit: Fixed a couple of thoughts that made no sense in my 3 am ramblings.

You do realize you just put together a gear set with only 29acc and 16 dex?

Wtf kind of mobs do you plan on fighting?
By Fupafighters 2012-02-29 09:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
I change my sets somewhat and now have TP No aftermath at 20.9tp/hit Catastrophe at 17.3 tp and TP w/ aftermath 21.1tp/hit
That's about what I was calculating a few minutes ago except aftermath down would be 20.7/8 depending on 5 or 6 stp on berk meaning if you have nq or hq. Also this allows for some play with wearing a combo of ebody, goading or 6 haste belt and rheic dirs +3 depending on what you have available to you for non aftermath set that 17.3 for ws is what I was going for using only rajas, rose and brutal as only stp on ws. And aftermath being this set hits 20.8 tp per swing If you have access to the neck, i'm thinking it might work out better overall than what i'd guess your using for aftermath set now. Now as I'm missing the stp neck, ogier's gauntlets, and rheic dirs +3 so I can't actually see how it is. Edit: Fixed a couple of thoughts that made no sense in my 3 am ramblings.

You do realize you just put together a gear set with only 29acc and 16 dex?

Wtf kind of mobs do you plan on fighting?
Maybe they noticed that monsters where accuracy actually matters, they will be using great sword lol. And doesn't 16 dex = 12 acc?
By Fupafighters 2012-02-29 09:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Was under the impression 95 apoc gave 40 acc. But still...the dex nullifies the acc down so you should still be at 41 acc eh? And the scythe skill.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-29 09:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Was under the impression 95 apoc gave 40 acc. But still...the dex nullifies the acc down so you should still be at 41 acc eh? And the scythe skill.

Its just funny watching people make Fodder TP sets stacked with TA/QA that will be useful on mobs that won't live long enough for TA/QA to ever matter.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-29 09:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they noticed that monsters where accuracy actually matters, they will be using great sword lol. And doesn't 16 dex = 12 acc?

Can't tell if troll.....
By Fupafighters 2012-02-29 09:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Can't tell if troll.....
Tis true though. I seriously have never seen good numbers from an apoc dark in voidwatch yet. I am very impressed with ragnarok users though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-29 09:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tis true though. I seriously have never seen good numbers from an apoc dark in voidwatch yet. I am very impressed with ragnarok users though.

I didn't realise that you were implying that all Apoc owners also have Ragnarok by default. I was also thinking that the aftermath on apoc allows user to stack more acc/attack/stats in tp gear. Then there is the problem of dark knight capping higher in scythe than great sword.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-29 10:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well GS in general. It just seems like if your aiming to do damage, stick with GS. It really boils down to playstyle though lol. Apoc aftermath goes toward gear cap?
Wow thats kinda nice. Why do i see apoc drk in their regular TP sets after catastrophe then lol? -.-
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-29 10:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yessir.

BG.wiki said:
Equipment Haste: Various Equipment, Atma, Catastrophe (~10%)Magic Haste: Haste (~15%), Refueling, Hastega (~15%), Victory March (~11.5%), Advancing March (~9%), Animating Wail, Embrava (~29.17%)
Job Ability Haste: Hasso (~10%), Haste Samba (~10%), Last Resort w/ Desperate Blows (~5% per merit level)
Dual Wield: Traits, Equipment
Martial Arts: Traits, Equipment, Hundred Fists

Damage per second goes to infinity as Delay goes to 0, so Square has placed several caps on the Haste categories.

Equipment haste has its own cap of 25% (256/1024).
Magic haste caps at 43.3% (~444/1024).
Job abilities haste is the third and final category, and it also caps at 25% (256/1024).
In addition to this, there is a general 80% Delay reduction cap that was added to the game as delay-reducing options became more readily available. Before this, it was possible to attain Haste values up to 93.3%, as can be seen in the UNCTGTG's video below. All types of Delay Reduction fall under this cap, from Sword Strap to Martial Arts to Dual Wield. In order to calculate your current delay reduction (and how close you are to the cap), you need to determine your % delay by multiplying all your Delay reductions together.

*edit*

This is why we can no longer have nice things :|
By Fupafighters 2012-02-29 10:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I remember that lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-02-29 10:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Could just carry TP wings for everything you do and just carry aftermath and ws gear lol. If SE ever removed the medicated effect on those the game would truly be broken not to mention the price would sky rocket haha.
First Page 2 ... 15 16 17