Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna Solo
Dyna Solo
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-06 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i go dnc/--- and whm/thf and i usually average like 110 or so fighting DC mobs, EPs are usually "kill 2 mobs and then wait for repops" which imo is a waste of time.

i have yet to figure out how anyone can consistently get 200+ solo without a white proc.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 13:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I do. On BST. 250 average. It's not overly difficult, and it is on EPs. You just have to maximize pet/player haste, and gear yourself for damage.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-02-06 13:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really a solo question, but does anyone have an opinion on similarly geared THF vs DNC? I basically haven't touched THF since 75 so would it have a problem keping up with DNC damage wise? My gf and I usually duo MNK/DNC and DNC/THF but even with no competition on the EP mobs we occasionaly have to wait for repops. Think a MNK/DNC and THF/DNC could keep up a similar pace?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 14:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not making use of DNC's white-proc ability, I'd think THF/DNC might get a better yield... but your yield is incredibly dependent on how strong your job is, and if your DNC is well-geared and your THF is meh, your DNC will come out on top always.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-02-06 14:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I do. On BST. 250 average. It's not overly difficult, and it is on EPs. You just have to maximize pet/player haste, and gear yourself for damage.

Do you go in when there's very little people? That seems like a really high average for the normal competition I see.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 14:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't gone in awhile, but I never paid attention to how many people were inside. If I had ample competition, I'd be in the lower 200s, like 215~220. If I was totally alone, I'd get like 260~270.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-06 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Hanabira said: »
i go dnc/--- and whm/thf and i usually average like 110 or so fighting DC mobs, EPs are usually "kill 2 mobs and then wait for repops" which imo is a waste of time.

i have yet to figure out how anyone can consistently get 200+ solo without a white proc.

That's impressively low, sorry >_>
Whenever I dualbox, I usually get between 250 and 320, depending on competition.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-02-06 14:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

pld/rdm ice spikes proc magic mobs never competition ever no hoard of perle and aurore surrounding you
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 14:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lol really? That's kind of badass.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-02-06 14:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not making use of DNC's white-proc ability, I'd think THF/DNC might get a better yield... but your yield is incredibly dependent on how strong your job is, and if your DNC is well-geared and your THF is meh, your DNC will come out on top always.
Her DNC and THF will be similarly geared so shouldnt be a prob. We get about 350 average, and only way I can see to increase that is to get more TH or move to DC mobs, though I have no idea if DC are worth it or not.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-02-06 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i found out by accident one day i was recapping healing for 99 and forgot to switch subs
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
Her DNC and THF will be similarly geared so shouldnt be a prob. We get about 350 average, and only way I can see to increase that is to get more TH or move to DC mobs, though I have no idea if DC are worth it or not.
350 is a good duo number imo. You could try THF and see what your results are, but I doubt it'll be more than a 20-30 currency fluctuation. I'd be interested to know though!
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-06 14:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Anjisnu said: »
yeah i found out by accident one day i was recapping healing for 99 and forgot to switch subs

So the rumour was true.. I didn't want to waste a run to confirm though.

edit: Is it the same for enspells?
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2012-02-06 14:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What is "white proc" ?
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-06 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

White proc is a when you proc a white "!!"

/trolloff

Happens only in CoP Dyna and very very rare but you must have no subjob upon entry. You can go with other people that have no sub job but you with subjob and they can proc white but you wont.

White proc = 100 piece. I have seen it happen twice ; ;
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-02-06 15:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

enspell and reprisal do not work spikes are different i guess till we get tanaka'd
 Cerberus.Ddbone
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-02-06 15:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as done properly 5-6 people can easily come out with 600+ currency and 60 forgotten items to boot.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 15:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is only effective if all currency is going toward one relic. When split individually, it's a weak form of farming.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 15:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is only effective if all currency is going toward one relic. When split individually, it's a weak form of farming.

its not effective either way you look at it...
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 15:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It is if they're coming to help and not planning on spending 2 hours solo farming for you on their own time. There's a big difference between someone coming to help, and someone going on their own and just handing over 1.5~2m gil.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 15:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It is if they're coming to help and not planning on spending 2 hours solo farming for you on their own time. There's a big difference between someone coming to help, and someone going on their own and just handing over 1.5~2m gil.

either way they are giving up gil buy not splitting whats dropped. so that makes no difference,. its just spending 2hours farming less than wahat you could if everyone was at a separate camp and getting the 150-200 solo.

its not bad im just saying its not the most efficient way to spend your time regardless.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 15:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As you can see from this thread, most people don't average in the 150's, let alone 200's. And there is a difference; it's called context. There is a difference between solo'ing for someone and handing them what you've earned than working toward a goal with them, and letting them keep the rewards. It may have the same conclusion, but the sentiment is different.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-06 15:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26900/white-in-dyna-025-not-1/2/

This thread popping up inspired me to go look at this old thread.

:< mfw i'm still "chasing the white proc dragon" 2 months later. TWO MONTHS AND NO WHITES RAAAWWWERRRRRR
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 15:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As you can see from this thread, most people don't average in the 150's, let alone 200's. And there is a difference; it's called context. There is a difference between solo'ing for someone and handing them what you've earned than working toward a goal with them, and letting them keep the rewards. It may have the same conclusion, but the sentiment is different.

i never argued context. im just saying the least ive ever solod was 115. depending on the 5-6 ppls skill 500-600 is not as efficient as 5-6 ppl soloing different camps (idk if that is what they were doing or if they were group killing)

you can still farm the same damn 2hours as the other 4-5 ppl just do it at a different part of the zone. most times group killing isnt as efficient as solo. as i said before 5-6ppl pulling 5-600 isnt bad. just can possibly be more efficient depending on players jobs/skills and solo camping.

but some ppl like doing group stuff so i dont care.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 15:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26900/white-in-dyna-025-not-1/2/

This thread popping up inspired me to go look at this old thread.

:< mfw i'm still "chasing the white proc dragon" 2 months later. TWO MONTHS AND NO WHITES RAAAWWWERRRRRR

ive gotten 2 whites! though that was with mule. xD not solo
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 16:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They were probably group-killing, which doesn't exponentially increase yield like most people think. People compliment one another, which means that it increases the yield, but never multiplicatively. There's an integer I haven't quite put my finger on that makes groups lose time, as opposed to gaining.
By mortontony1 2012-02-06 16:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So why are cop zones > city zones? You get all of one type of currency there and don't have to pay attention to the time just pull light armors and JA. Jut curious kinda new to this.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 16:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You fight nightmare mobs instead of beastmen. For them, procs change based on time of day, and you can cycle through 3 families of mobs every hour and stay on JA procs the whole time.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-06 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
So why are cop zones > city zones? You get all of one type of currency there and don't have to pay attention to the time just pull light armors and JA. Jut curious kinda new to this.

cop zones, you can constantly farm JA proc mobs, whereas in cities you can't. ja is the fastest to proc so cop, being all JA (under certain easy conditions) will yield faster procs and therefore more coins than the usual city run.
By mortontony1 2012-02-06 16:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So you basically plan out your route a head of time? Killing mob a until time x then move to mob b and so on getting JA on everyone.