Server Transfer Feature Simply A Source Of Unnecessary Drama?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server transfer feature simply a source of unnecessary drama?
Server transfer feature simply a source of unnecessary drama?
First Page 2
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 10:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience, it seems its just a way for people to be total asshats then run away to somewhere where their asshattery is unknown

Yesterday the 3 useless leaders of an once prominent linkshell here on valefor jumped off server without saying anything to the people in ls and took the bank/unlotted gear/ everyone's dignity/etc

so what do you guys think?
I thought this game was better when people were held somewhat accountable on 1 server for their actions
 Garuda.Dragothiar
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Dragothiar 2009-05-03 10:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

thats why people do player warnings........also why most LSs like dyna etc make 500k then how ever much is left gets given to everyone who was there, and man >_> join a server then aload of your RL friends join but on a diff server what do you do?
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2009-05-03 10:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like X-linkshell holders on fenrir Palidor and Tinkil who jumped to Carbuncle under "Pali and Tinkil" and now do a mercenary HNM shell
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-03 10:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
I thought this game was better when people were held somewhat accountable on 1 server for their actions

I don't think people are ever really accountable for their actions in an MMO, I mean...look at TB on the Fairy server, he apparently stole a Kraken Club or an LS bank or something (never did find out specifically lol), but more importantly, was just an irritating *** 24/7 (which I witnessed first-hand many times). He was pretty well known throughout the server as being one of the most annoying people to ever be on the Fairy server, yet he still got plenty of party invites and cronies to run around with him without transferring. After he got banned for duping, the noise level in WG has decreased by quite a bit lol...

So yeah, being on one server don't do ***, if people are desperate enough or don't give a ***, asshats will always be supported regardless of what server there on.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 10:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragothiar said:
>_> join a server then aload of your RL friends join but on a diff server what do you do?

thats the only merit I can delve from this feature
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-03 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragothiar said:
join a server then aload of your RL friends join but on a diff server what do you do?

User submitted image
Do a Barrel Roll!!!
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 10:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just really frustrating that people see no problem with betraying other's trust like this and imo server transferring just makes it that much easier
 Garuda.Dragothiar
By Garuda.Dragothiar 2009-05-03 10:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

this shows jumping servers means nothing
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 10:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragothiar said:

I just checked for that name on ffxiah for asura and it seems he stopped making purchases 4 days after that... server jump after a display of douchebaggery?

............................so what does it show about server jumping?
 Garuda.Dragothiar
By Garuda.Dragothiar 2009-05-03 10:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
Dragothiar said:

I just checked for that name on ffxiah for asura and it seems he stopped making purchases 4 days after that... server jump after a display of douchebaggery?

or he coulda quit ;o
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 10:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragothiar said:
Integral said:
Dragothiar said:

or he coulda quit ;o

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=776458

that guy seems to match the description lol
 Garuda.Dragothiar
By Garuda.Dragothiar 2009-05-03 10:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so people still do know where he is and his drama is still with him
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-03 11:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I don't think people are ever really accountable for their actions in an MMO, (...)

So yeah, being on one server don't do ***, if people are desperate enough or don't give a ***, asshats will always be supported regardless of what server there on.

We are roughly ~10K different players per server. What you need to enjoy 75%+ of FF XI, 5 players. 5 players among... 10,000 potential players. With an ally you clear almost everything in this game. 36 players = everything. Again 35 players among 10,000.

Sure people don't give a ***. Even if the "player warning" hits 20% of total population (which is a lot already), that still mean 8,000 players don't care.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 13:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

but its just so much easier for real douchebags to go under the radar :( Also I dont think entire linkshells coming to a server and taking over was what the server transfer function was meant for..
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 13:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

User submitted image

that is all.
 Pandemonium.Azalae
Server: Pandemonium
user: Azalee
By Pandemonium.Azalae 2009-05-03 13:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The linkshell that I am in jumped servers because we were on a server with too many large endgame shells, so we went somewhere else for a change of scenery. No LS banks were stolen or anything of the sort.
 Asura.Vespera
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-03 14:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it helps that the server transfer service has you stay where you jump over for 3 months until you're allowed to move again, so that prevents people from doing illicit acts on a regular basis. Also unless the people jumping are intentionally malicious to everyone they run into, I find it difficult for one person or even a large linkshell to really fully impact an entire server with thousands of people total on it.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-03 14:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

they dont impact the whole server, only those of us left behind in the linkshell in this case ^^~
 Valefor.Viiju
By Valefor.Viiju 2009-05-03 21:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
they dont impact the whole server, only those of us left behind in the linkshell in this case ^^~

Including me -.-
 Valefor.Anastriana
By Valefor.Anastriana 2009-05-04 03:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to deal with stealing banks is make sure that everyone on their new home knows about this, and every home after that. Idk who your LS leaders were, but if I were you I'd give them a full write up.

Good luck finding a new LS, though it shouldn't be too hard for you. I've hever heard anyone say anything against you.

My curiosity is suitably piqued regarding the identity of the hoppers. I think I know who the shellholder was, but not the others. If you don't mind sharing the names, send me a PM, its fine if you don't want to out them though.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-04 03:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I don't think people are ever really accountable for their actions in an MMO, (...)

We are roughly ~10K different players per server. What you need to enjoy 75%+ of FF XI, 5 players. 5 players among... 10,000 potential players. With an ally you clear almost everything in this game. 36 players = everything. Again 35 players among 10,000.

Sure people don't give a ***. Even if the "player warning" hits 20% of total population (which is a lot already), that still mean 8,000 players don't care.

Only thing you're missing here is that a vast majority (can't for the life of me remember the actual numbers) of players aren't level 75. End-game of any sort is a minority event lol, ask Jaerik, I'm sure he'd have the numbers.
 Valefor.Viiju
By Valefor.Viiju 2009-05-04 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anastriana said:
The best way to deal with stealing banks is make sure that everyone on their new home knows about this, and every home after that. Idk who your LS leaders were, but if I were you I'd give them a full write up.

Good luck finding a new LS, though it shouldn't be too hard for you. I've hever heard anyone say anything against you.

My curiosity is suitably piqued regarding the identity of the hoppers. I think I know who the shellholder was, but not the others. If you don't mind sharing the names, send me a PM, its fine if you don't want to out them though.

Pfft....it was Yashamaru Ves and Kubera, the hell with em. They screwed us over...They went to Kujata, under what name....idk...makes me think how many times they've done this.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-05-04 10:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
In my experience, it seems its just a way for people to be total asshats then run away to somewhere where their asshattery is unknown

Yesterday the 3 useless leaders of an once prominent linkshell here on valefor jumped off server without saying anything to the people in ls and took the bank/unlotted gear/ everyone's dignity/etc

so what do you guys think?

If you want to trust people who you have never seen, never talked to, have no background history with your money and gear then you are asking for trouble. Bottom line there are very few bonds in this game that can't be broken by a /shutdown. It is equally if not more the fault of someone who trust the scam artist than the scam artist if someone gets ripped off. This is an undeniable truth, there is not way around it. Everyone should know this well before they get into this game. It sucks, but there can be little sympathy because you are just asking for it when you join a system where you leave yourself wide open to be taken for a ride.

Would you hand your car keys to someone on the street? No, you will lose your car. Would you give your social security number to a British lottery? No, because you would get more debt charged to credit cards in 30 seconds than you probably have charged in your entire life. Would you send a check to Kenya so some prince who is trying to abdicate the throne can escape the country and seek asylum? No ... and this one kinda hurts because my aunt actually fell for this one.

Why would you trust a total stranger with something that is yours? You have rights to the rewards. If the leader disagrees you will get booted so that will show you how good friends you were to begin with. Plus there is always another sucker ready to come along and give the leader exactly what they want.

So .. If you want to trust people who you have never seen, never talked to, have no background history with your money and gear send it to me. At least I'm honest enough to tell you that you'd never see it again.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-04 10:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Only thing you're missing here is that a vast majority (can't for the life of me remember the actual numbers) of players aren't level 75. End-game of any sort is a minority event lol, ask Jaerik, I'm sure he'd have the numbers.

Not really, I'm talking about the number of active subscriber not character, even if we take 10K/server (which would be around 340K total unique player, supposedly way less that the 500K SE announce), most of these player have at least 1 level 75.

fact : everytime I log on in Whitegate, I see random level 75 players I dunno. And my server is one of the least populated. Meaning that if someone among them is an ***, there's no way for me to know... FF XI community just too large for these warning to be efficient. We're far away from some MMO where everyone literally know each others.

Server Xfer or not, people don't care really.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-04 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
At least I'm honest enough to tell you that you'd never see it again.

love it
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-04 10:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
What you need to enjoy 75%+ of FF XI, 5 players. 5 players among... 10,000 potential players. With an ally you clear almost everything in this game. 36 players = everything. Again 35 players among 10,000

True true...plus add the fact that there is already established shells out there, (which I can't confirm as I've always been on Fairy, but have heard about) that revel in the douchebaggery on a grand scale. Douchebags attract...so no matter where they go, they'll always have a home somewhere to better inflict their asininity on the masses.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-04 16:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Viiju said:
Anastriana said:

Pfft....it was Yashamaru Ves and Kubera, the hell with em. They screwed us over...They went to Kujata, under what name....idk...makes me think how many times they've done this.

Yeah really man, how many different servers had they been on before they screwed us over on valefor, remora/asura/fenrir? where else
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-04 16:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, its a source of drama.
But it's also a great way for SE to make money. <.>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-04 16:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Yes, its a source of drama.
But it's also a great way for SE to make money. <.>

And as a business: Money > Drama*.

*Drama = everything but money.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-04 16:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they made the time limit longer or more money or something to deter this kind of behavior though
First Page 2