Server Transfer Feature Simply A Source Of Unnecessary Drama?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server transfer feature simply a source of unnecessary drama?
Server transfer feature simply a source of unnecessary drama?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-05 10:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
I wish they made the time limit longer or more money or something to deter this kind of behavior though

Should only be one time only.

I can understand people wanting to move so they can join RL friends or I dunno. But that's it, moving here and there is stupid. Nice money maker for SE as mentioned earlier tho. Cost nothing to SE, $29.99 for you.
 Valefor.Viiju
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2009-05-06 16:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
I wish they made the time limit longer or more money or something to deter this kind of behavior though

Nuff said, Yeah they've been to quite a few server that I know of. Name was Sephirothx on Fenrir is all I know though, Ves has had the same name for awhile I believe but other than that... :-/
 Valefor.Integral
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-06 16:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:

Should only be one time only.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-06 16:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

One time server change is never going to happen as long a money is involved.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 16:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a dude supposedly stole ls bank and deleted the DKP on lakshmi. Was a friend when I was on lakshmi. A few days later a random guy on ramuh asked me if i was the real me. And when I prove it he tells me who he really is. Granted by then I had almost figured it out his engrish is rather unique in how broken it is. Talk to some friends that still play on lakshmi got what happened. But even though he moved servers and changed names peopel found him like that due to his broken engrish and the fact he kept the extact same bazaar message even though apparently I'm the only one he told. He quit/moved again not long after
 Ramuh.Ponto
user: thefatguy
By Ramuh.Ponto 2009-05-06 17:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, as a server hopper I like to think of it as a convenient way for players who originally got dropped onto a server that did not convenientl;y run events under their own time, to be able to go somewhere they can play like that, that I feel is why this + the likeliness people have friends on other servers are the reasonings for using this. Of course there will be endgame drama + server hop ***because as in the nature of this game, thats just how it goes, some people are greedy/drama causing etc and need to bounce repeatedly, but restrictions will not solve the problem, and it would be unfair on others who simply bounce because they feel the need to, is my perspective on it all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 17:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I hopped cause well my main social ls. The leader sold his account so ls broke. Most the main members quit game... and had a rl friend on Ramuh.
 Valefor.Viiju
By Valefor.Viiju 2009-05-06 17:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirtyfinger said:

Speaking of money, this is a lil bit of what they took.

647x Alexandrite
3x Cerberus Hide
6x Damascene Cloth
1x Fragarach
1x Gil 16,221,081
4x Shining Cloth
5x Venomous Claw

There was a few Ancient Torque's and a few SW drops as well.

Not to mention the 15mill they took out of bank for relic horn without approval or notification of LS members.
 Ramuh.Ponto
user: thefatguy
By Ramuh.Ponto 2009-05-06 17:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Beauty is, as a server hopper, I am now a sack in a HNMLS, dude, I am the makings of the run of the mill server hopper steals bank and bounces, but I am trusted by Leader, crazy world mate, however I probably seen as that by members and a community who know and see that information, can't judge based on simple outlook, gotta know a person and their background.
 Valefor.Integral
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-05-06 18:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Viiju said:
Dirtyfinger said:

647x Alexandrite
3x Cerberus Hide
6x Damascene Cloth
1x Fragarach
1x Gil 16,221,081
4x Shining Cloth
5x Venomous Claw

Not to mention the 15mill they took out of bank for relic horn without approval or notification of LS members.

+an avalon harness for tiwaz lolol
who knows what else man, they didnt keep any records of unlotted stuff and one of those 3 always took it
 Valefor.Viiju
By Valefor.Viiju 2009-05-06 20:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
Viiju said:
Dirtyfinger said:

647x Alexandrite
3x Cerberus Hide
6x Damascene Cloth
1x Fragarach
1x Gil 16,221,081
4x Shining Cloth
5x Venomous Claw

+an avalon harness for tiwaz lolol
who knows what else man, they didnt keep any records of unlotted stuff and one of those 3 always took it

And oh yeah another 10mill for the Ace's Helm for that one guys we sold it to >.>
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2009-05-27 04:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumeya said:
Sounds like X-linkshell holders on fenrir Palidor and Tinkil who jumped to Carbuncle under "Pali and Tinkil" and now do a mercenary HNM shell

And where were you when the linkshell was haveing issues and was on the brink of disbanding, you, your gf, and bro just disappeared, no post on site or warning, just gone. Now you back and you gonna complain about server jumps after retrace got you all gear. Whatever we are happy carbuncle is peaceful and free of morons. They gave you your pops and items also, but that wasnt enough for a moron like jugan/dnight who had to go mule hacking out of spite
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-27 05:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Where in the hell are all these merc HNM shells coming from?
 Odin.Dizzi
Server: Odin
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-27 06:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragothiar said:
this shows jumping servers means nothing

Hes just stupid. He would have been able to change his Chars's name by switching server.

But yes, y server transfer?

The grass is always greener
on the other side of the fence.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-05-27 07:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a few LS from diabolos server who change fyi if you see a person name mibo run away.
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-27 08:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone's a douchebag.

question is, to who and when, and almighty universe forbid, why?

I hop servers because the servers get stale to me. (plus i've been playing this game on and off since the day it came to NA, with 3 month, 4 month, 6 month breaks in between) Each one has been a different experience to me and each server hop has been for a different reason. I don't really get into fights, I just normally witness them enough. Every linkshell I've been in has broken. None have been permanent. Two/three of the rashest things I've done involving FFXI world (re: douchebaggery) is bring in personal resentment toward Filielle here when it was my own fault that I gave away stuff to her in game in the first place. Second was ditch a Dynamis LS mid-dynamis because people were bitching at each other for talking (while the ones bitching were dying faster). But they are the kind that have a bank and one man is in control. I feel that is incredibly imbalanced and harbors subtle resentment for anyone not profiting off that experience... and anyone who supports that sort of system is a douchebag
waiting to happen.

ie. all of us in some way or another.

Third thing I do that could be seen as douchebaggery is that i told one girl i thought she was kind of acting like a *** because she kept sending me /tells about how stupid everyone in party was and how we are all going to fail promy boss instead of spending that energy helping. She's still pissed off at me, but we won that boss w/o so much a scratch. And yes, it was my fault. Parties with both me and Tiffiewiffie seem to bring up a clash of confidence.

people are asshats because they care. ironically. I don't hate Tiffiewiffie or Filielle. I just know now that there are certain ways that I cannot invest my energy in them. But I can still trust them to be who they are.

i'd rather be as straightforward as possible about the things that piss me off. and if i appear as an *** for it. it's worth it to me, because the message will remain. i owe it to everyone to be as honest as i can.

Oh yeah... Every server I've been on has truly been different. energy, people, social codes, dialects... everything is different even if subtle.
 Pandemonium.Tarusimon
Server: Pandemonium
user: tarusimon
By Pandemonium.Tarusimon 2009-06-06 05:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why you join a linkshell thats worth being with.

and ppl u know.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
Server: Fairy
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-06-06 19:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Integral said:
I thought this game was better when people were held somewhat accountable on 1 server for their actions

I don't think people are ever really accountable for their actions in an MMO, I mean...look at TB on the Fairy server, he apparently stole a Kraken Club or an LS bank or something (never did find out specifically lol), but more importantly, was just an irritating *** 24/7 (which I witnessed first-hand many times). He was pretty well known throughout the server as being one of the most annoying people to ever be on the Fairy server, yet he still got plenty of party invites and cronies to run around with him without transferring. After he got banned for duping, the noise level in WG has decreased by quite a bit lol...

So yeah, being on one server don't do ***, if people are desperate enough or don't give a ***, asshats will always be supported regardless of what server there on.

I never got banned and I never duped....I hardly ever did salvage dumbass lol