RNG Last Stand set
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Sanaki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tethys
By Asura.Sanaki 2011-12-19 21:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Griffon's Claw might be worth using. 20% damage bonus on end of weaponskill if you are using staff. Also, you don't need Coronach to do something with Last Stand, Trueflight is frag.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-19 21:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That coronach damage and the last stand (vs iron giant) is very very low... I'm assuming you didn't have stalwart's tonic up, or maybe even velocity shot lol? Or were you not using adaman bullets?

On the new T6 bigass demon guy, coronach was doing 1550. I didn't use last stand, because hate was an issue, but from previous uses, I would estimate it around 1800ish @300tp. I only have 3/5 merits atm though. Could possibly break 2k on the new T6 NMs pretty easily with full merits.

The set the OP posted is fairly accurate. The only suggestion I would make is to go full out AGI. Ranged attack is going to do next to nothing vs a 100% AGI modifier.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-19 21:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Trueflight is crossbow only IIRC, so if you aren't using Annihilator, then your other option to self light is to use Crossbow.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-12-19 22:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Trueflight is crossbow only IIRC, so if you aren't using Annihilator, then your other option to self light is to use Crossbow.

It isn't, you can use it with a gun.
 Shiva.Pheelix
Server: Shiva
user: Pheelix
By Shiva.Pheelix 2011-12-20 22:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Using this gear, GH, Stout arm, Drifer atmas, stalwarts, armageddon is 90.

Not bad for the type of mob.

Bahamut.Ragni
Server: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-21 11:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm
I think sacrificing STR rings/earrings for agi ones will lower last stand dmg? and im not talking about lolabyssea...

so the question is... how the optimal set would look like?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-22 10:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For atma, I think Gnarled Horn, Griffon's Claw, and probably Stout Arm for 3rd should yield best result. If you use food and have stalwart most of the time, then change Stout arm to something else like Dark Depths (+20 AGI and +20% crit for TP phase) or Sea Daughter.
 Lakshmi.Lyonard
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lyonard
By Lakshmi.Lyonard 2011-12-22 10:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For atma, I think Gnarled Horn, Griffon's Claw, and probably Stout Arm for 3rd should yield best result. If you use food and have stalwart most of the time, then change Stout arm to something else like Dark Depths (+20 AGI and +20% crit for TP phase) or Sea Daughter.

why dark depths? i doubt last stand is a ws that can critical, i would stick the the atma that upbeat used : GH , kirin and stranglind wind,
but SD atma is tempting :3

maybe GH kirin and SD?
 Siren.Skanless
Server: Siren
user: skanless
By Siren.Skanless 2011-12-22 17:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello so i was wanting to get an outside hand on if this would be a good LS setup on VW and inside and outside aby, so far on Pil and Kaggen ive avg. 800-1.2k LS. Have not done much others since unlocking it.

By Bonkai 2011-12-22 17:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone one have tryed this on thf?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-22 18:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbow and gun is same skilltype. :P
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-22 18:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

One-shotting some rabbits:

No food, just adaman bullets and relic gun (and v shot of course). This weapon skill is INSANE. No idea why people are concerned about lolshoha. Finally, paying for damage pays off (until nerf).

Also, it's gonna be /drg or bust from now on I think.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-24 02:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lyonard said: »

why dark depths? i doubt last stand is a ws that can critical, i would stick the the atma that upbeat used : GH , kirin and stranglind wind,
but SD atma is tempting :3

maybe GH kirin and SD?
Crit hit rate+20% for boosting damage on TP phase and +20 AGI for WS mod. Though it's rather minimal.
RNG already have 7581.25% damage boost from crit (25% old crit * 4045% dead aim), so simply boosting the crit rate is good enough reason.

Hmmm I think GH, Griffon's Claw and Sea Daughter/Stout Arm/Dark Depth/Crushing Cudgel will do for Last Stand atma set.

I got a lot of 5k+ on Monitor in Grauberg with just Velo.shot and Acid bolt (/SAM, no stalwart buff/another dia effect whatsoever)

EDIT: Didn't know we got last dead aim upgrade on 99. Thanks BG!
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-24 03:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know why u ppl putting these agi rings/earrings over str ones. it doesnt make sense.

i was doing on pil avg 2.2k last stands, pixie t4 in gustaberg 2.8k, gaunab 1.8k. it's nice for zergs.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-24 05:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe because you don't understand what 100% AGI mod means.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-24 05:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i understand ofcourse, you probably dont understand what str means for rng then.

AGI is better inside abyssea because u have capped fstr, I thought its serious topic and we are actually talking about hight tier VW not lolabyssea. I asked before for optimal set - good balance of agi and str. oh well.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-24 06:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ragni said: »
i understand ofcourse, you probably dont understand what str means for rng then.

AGI is better inside abyssea because u have capped fstr, I thought its serious topic and we are actually talking about hight tier VW not lolabyssea. I asked before for optimal set - good balance of agi and str. oh well.
No you don't.

Answer these question:
For Last stand how much base damage increases by:
- 20 AGI
- 20 STR
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-24 07:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

did u even try this on hard mobs? or inside abyssea...
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-24 07:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just answer the question
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-24 07:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

this question is pointless. if you gimp your str and max out agi, base dmg will be lower. i was talking about damn barance between agi and str - is that really hard to understand?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-24 07:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

this question is pointless. if you gimp your str and max out agi, base dmg will be lower. i was talking about damn barance between agi and str - is that really hard to understand?
Well, I rest my case. You don't understand.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-24 07:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont understand. Try do this ws on very hard mobs with hight def. In that case str wins over agi sir. I won't argue with person which have 0 knowledge about how rng works outside abyssea. Go test last stand in abyssea and be happy.
 Shiva.Pheelix
Server: Shiva
user: Pheelix
By Shiva.Pheelix 2011-12-24 16:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragni could I see the set your using for VW?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-24 17:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the ratk is pushing str ahead of agi, I don't see how str could be beating out agi. STR is equivalent to something like a 60% mod with ranged weapons due to FSTR2 no? Ignoring ratk anyways. Anyways, I find last stand to be contradictory to the whole point of being on RNG unless you just want some fun epeen dmg. Whole point of RNG is to keep away from the monster, and that's what coronach is for. If you want to out DD someone, go play WAR, MNK, or SAM. Not saying it isn't a fun ws, and obviously triple proc barrages are the most entertaining thing ever though.
By darkhorror 2011-12-26 22:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That is incorrect, this ws has a mod of 1.0 agi. each agi point raises base damage by .85. Where it takes 2 or 3 str to raise base damage by 1. aka at best each STR raises base damage by .5.

Thus each point of AGI raises base damage by more than STR.

Now this doesn't mean that AGI will always end up doing more damage than adding STR. Adding more STR also adds more range attack so you have to take that into consideration also.
 Lakshmi.Lyonard
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lyonard
By Lakshmi.Lyonard 2011-12-28 15:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

this is the Last Stand set up that came in my mind:

i'm not sure if to change with:
light gorget => sylvan scarf
light belt => scout's belt
sylvan chlamis => terebellum mantle
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-28 16:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ftp from the first hit, including gorget/belt carry to all hits.

Keep them on always.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-28 16:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

No food, just adaman bullets and relic gun (and v shot of course). This weapon skill is INSANE. No idea why people are concerned about lolshoha. Finally, paying for damage pays off (until nerf).

Wait, why /drg ?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-12-28 16:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »

Wait, why /drg ?

To shed the enmity from Last Stand.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-28 16:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be far better off going rng/war using coronach if enmity is an issue at all. Finding this ws quite underwhelming except for random epeen shots for annihilator RNG.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13