Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » You have HOW MANY 75s? /death
You have HOW MANY 75s? /death
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-01 17:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fields of Valor as DRK or SMN could be pretty win, providing you have a friend along.
I'm going to force a few friends into going FoV with my WAR to get it to SJ level.
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 17:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:
Fields of Valor as DRK or SMN could be pretty win, providing you have a friend along.
I'm going to force a few friends into going FoV with my WAR to get it to SJ level.

Think I'm going to use FoV for Dancer. Eventually I'd like to take the job for 75, but for now...subjob time.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-01 18:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FoV in Cape Terrigan and Valley of Sorrows has given me so many merits while HNM camping and just wanting to keep my buffer on my jobs. FoV in the higher lvl areas is awesome for soloing.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-05-01 18:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't read the others bc I was too lazy and am going to take a nap.

But I have 3 atm and one close.
75 DRK (first)
75 SAM (second) (my main)
75 PLD (third)
64 DRG (soon to be fourth)

DRK took me a year and a half to get to 75.

SAM took idk maybe 6 months.

PLD took maybe 4-5 months

DRG strangely I went from lvl 20 to 62 in a month flat (and haven't lvled it since...)
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-05-02 15:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly love all the jobs.. and one of my goals (sorta) is to eventually get all of them to 75. I think each job is special and fun in their own little way, and having atleast a mage, support, DD and tank job makes you very versatile and says alot about you as a person, imo, esp. if you're involved in Endgame. That tells me you were willing to put forth some effort into becoming useful in any situation. Not saying I look down on people who only have say.. all DD jobs or all mage jobs.. but having a variety definitely gives you brownie points. If I had more motivation and wasn't so involved in Endgame.. I could probably be on my 9-10th 75 job by now :/

And how did I have the patience for lvling so many 75's? Well it's simple really. If I tire of one job I just level another, then go back to the other one later.. and go back and forth w/ that. Also I don't neccesarily "grind" exp. That's the best way to get jobs to 75 fast.. but it can burn you out. I don't have the attention span for that anymore anyway, lol. I'll lvl a job a few lvls and then take a break.. and instead do events with my Endgame shells, help a friend out with something, do some Assaults etc. Also when I lvled most of my jobs to 75 I had friends I xp'd with. That always made it more enjoyable to level.. instead of possibly being lfg for hours only to find your PT is made up of crabby asshats who couldn't tell their *** from their elbow ;)
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 11:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to complete as much of my games as I possibly can, if that means leveling all my jobs to 75 so be it :)!! Also helps that I <3 this game and continue to meet with awesome ppl!! Also enjoy leveling, altho I will go hardcore level a job then rest for awhile..
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 11:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be the sort of guy that tried to finish all games 100%, but these days I just can't be bothered. I'll ignore the "too many games" factor since this is all I really play now, and say that firstly, not really possible to finish this game 100%... I guess you'd call all jobs 75, all relics/mythics, all salvage and relic+1 complete, as well as all... nah *** it, no-one is even close to half of that and there's still all the HNM/ZNM/Einherjar drops etc. etc. etc. 100% not possible.

But secondly, I would like to have blm and rdm at 75, but finding the time, or the inclination to get them there is beyond me. There's not much I hate more in this game than exp (camping NM's and dynamis are in the list of things I hate more), so taking two more jobs to 75 just doesn't sound like fun to me, and taking all of them to 75? One girl in my LS is very close to that... and well... she's a great player and I respect the work she puts in to her jobs, and to my LS and our statics a lot, but damn, she can keep 20 75 jobs for herself, I'm happy with my one lol.
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 11:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats cool, I understand 100% completion of FFXI is major and next to impossible, but I like to have a go till Im fully satisfied at how Ive xprienced the game, so I try to get all of my missions, most of my quests etc out of the way :), I enjoy it :)
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-03 11:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

100% completing the game would be to me clearing/killing all events/NMs, nothing to do with jobs. Like you don't need to be level 99 on FF XII to full clear the game, neither need to own Z.Spear :d However you need to clear all marks, find all rare monsters etc...
---
How many 75 ? One, BLM. Why would I need more when I can do everything I want with 1 job :d
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 11:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
100% completing the game would be to me clearing/killing all events/NMs, nothing to do with jobs. Like you don't need to be level 99 on FF XII to full clear the game, neither need to own Z.Spear :d
---
How many 75 ? One, BLM. Why would I need more when I can do everything I want with 1 job :d

Hmmm, by that token, I think I've finished everything except dynamis (not that I care). But there's still a lot left for me here yet I think ^^
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-03 11:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Hmmm, by that token, I think I've finished everything except dynamis (not that I care). But there's still a lot left for me here yet I think ^^

Cleared all xNM :p ? That's prolly whats people miss the most. (by the way when I say 100%, it's 100% minus AV).
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Blazza said:

Cleared all xNM :p ? That's prolly whats people miss the most. (by the way when I say 100%, it's 100% minus AV).

cool bananas (AV only in my dreams, but my attempt was full of valor >.> until we were defeated ;;)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Elphame said:
Antipika said:
Blazza said:

cool bananas (AV only in my dreams, but my attempt was full of valor >.> until we were defeated ;;)

Oh, I missed the NM bit lol, I don't camp that ***lol
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 12:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Ixion Fighting Right Now!
lol yes I kno I should be paying attention but hey late night/early morn forums seem fun :)
 Garuda.Reublucian
By Garuda.Reublucian 2009-05-03 12:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Being in an HNMLS that splits bank is the contributing factor, and then Angel skin fishing and spamming ISNM. I tell people all the time how I make my gil when they ask but they are just to lazy to go about doing anything.
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 20:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ok....

also with leveling jobs I take into consideration what gear I already have and wat will be useful for leveling up ^^, a social ls with ppl who arent 75 yet but are hardcore leveling doesnt hurt to have around either ^^.
That way the leveling process moves along better :), downside is dlvling, for some reason I dont like to xp my lvl back -.-
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2009-05-04 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
I'm actually amazed by people who have a lot of 75's myself, but my main question is how on earth did they manage to get the gil to gear each job?

*THAT* is my million dollar question. Especially to the owners of Salvage gear. How do you do it, really?

I just level jobs that can use my End-Game gears.

Like lvling Bst and Drk to use Adaberk and Ridill. I just NQ gears my way to 75. The lack of space is killing me too, so I usualyl find equipemnts multiple jobs can use.

(/.\ )

Been playing since NA release.

In order
75 War
75 Rng
75 Nin
75 Smn (on request by LS for HNM)
75 Cor (Cause the AF looked sexy)
75 Blm (upgrade from SMN for HNM)
75 Rdm
[+]