You have HOW MANY 75s? /death
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
I'm actually amazed by people who have a lot of 75's myself, but my main question is how on earth did they manage to get the gil to gear each job?

*THAT* is my million dollar question. Especially to the owners of Salvage gear. How do you do it, really?

I can understand some characters being able to do it, but with the amount of ppl that are on with so many jobs...maybe they have a sexy party with their ls leaders?

lmao idk, 90% of my best gear is ra/ex, or i have it crafted from a friend/ls member
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Jacinda said:
I'm actually amazed by people who have a lot of 75's myself, but my main question is how on earth did they manage to get the gil to gear each job?

*THAT* is my million dollar question. Especially to the owners of Salvage gear. How do you do it, really?

I can understand some characters being able to do it, but with the amount of ppl that are on with so many jobs...maybe they have a sexy party with their ls leaders?

lmao idk, 90% of my best gear is ra/ex, or i have it crafted from a friend/ls member

Lots and lots of endgame... most shells give out paychecks every so often. I've only dipped my toes in the water with endgame tbh, with Sky being my most attended event, then Dynamis, and lastly Einherjar (sp). Spose if I was sticking around longer i could expect a paycheck from my dyna-shell, Einherjar (sp again) shell broke so yeah.. Got ONE paycheck from skyls (was rather small since im still new). So its possible to make a good deal of money just by attending these events

edit: Also, ENM, find a good group of people (can even low-man so of em) and do em, they're super annoying though i must say. I've only personally done the Hagun one... once. So my experience is minimal
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 08:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:

My best gear is rare/ex too...it's called AF armor. ; ;

Yeah, I used to be in Dynamis shell that did the monthly payout too. I admit that I miss getting money. The shell I'm in now doesn't do payouts. >.>

I'm still weighing the advantages of this shell over one that does payouts, but it does make you cringe a bit when you hear that your friends just got paid 400k for attending events while you're still broke and waiting in line for a piece of AFv2.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-01 08:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Your stockpile of Yoohoo and Starcrunch in the cabinet is directly proportional to the amount of 75 jobs you have.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yea and some shells will sell dyna drops, you come in lot and we buy glass so your out.

thats only if the majority agrees and then those ppl get a cut, and nobody is putting points on it.

almost happened the other day in my shell, which i was glad it didnt drop. lol i'm new so i dont have that many points to lot, and i wasnt gonna waste them just b/c they wanted to sell something that should be free lot.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 08:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Savannah said:

DOMARUUUUUU

Sorry, had to.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-01 08:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Savannah said:

LOL same here, although I did manage to pick up a Cobra Cap after tons of campaigning and Dusk Gloves after months of farming...
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky for me I met some amazing ppl in this game to help me get to sea and help me get loqua. earring and all sorts of ra/ex stuff.

<3
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 08:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Lucky for me I met some amazing ppl in this game to help me get to sea and help me get loqua. earring and all sorts of ra/ex stuff.

<3

UGH when i get back imma just start making pickup groups for CoP, i want that ***done like last week -.-
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-01 08:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:

<3

Yeah all my r/ex stuff I can thank my LS for. They are extremely helpful and started doing sky and sea for the linkshell just so people could have gear they thought they would never have aka my Shura Togi/Byakko's Haidate.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
user: Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-05-01 08:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing for 3(?) years give or take and have 3 75 jobs. Two mage jobs and DNC. Gearin em up wasn't really much of a problem. Just bash a Elvaan guy over the head and steal their wallet. I'm in the process of picking out my 4th job but torn between a few jobs.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 08:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
UGH when i get back imma just start making pickup groups for CoP, i want that ***done like last week -.-

I'm still trying to get a group together to finish Apocalypse Nigh. I want that blasted earring for Paladin!

Tell you what, I'll help you with CoP if you help me with AN. :p
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 09:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Kajidourden said:

I'm still trying to get a group together to finish Apocalypse Nigh. I want that blasted earring for Paladin!

Lulz, im on Sacrarium......
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-01 09:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AN is suprisingly easy, kiter, 4 heavy dd and a healer should win.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 09:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:

Oh it's not that the fight has proven too difficult; it's simply getting people together. I notice that there is this deal with people where if they've gone past a certain event, they usually won't do it for other people unless they are a) friends, b) ls mates, or c) getting paid 50k per person.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 09:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Jacinda said:
Kajidourden said:

Isn't that the one with the Professor? /fear

That fight should have been so simple...but it was so far from easy. >.< The fight against Promathia was easier than 4-3. ; ;
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-01 09:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
I notice that there is this deal with people where if they've gone past a certain event, they usually won't do it for other people unless they are a) friends, b) ls mates, or c) getting paid 50k per person.

^QFT.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-05-01 09:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Fullen said:

Oh it's not that the fight has proven too difficult; it's simply getting people together. I notice that there is this deal with people where if they've gone past a certain event, they usually won't do it for other people unless they are a) friends, b) ls mates, or c) getting paid 50k per person.

Pretty much this. Not that many people are willing to help anyone out unless they get something from it.
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-01 09:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Greenjade said:
Jacinda said:
Fullen said:

Pretty much this. Not that many people are willing to help anyone out unless they get something from it.

i enjoy helping others =/ AN a good excuse to KC drk something too!

Shame we aren't on the same server =(
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-01 09:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Kajidourden said:
Jacinda said:
Kajidourden said:

Isn't that the one with the Professor? /fear

That fight should have been so simple...but it was so far from easy. >.< The fight against Promathia was easier than 4-3. ; ;

This is true. My LS was just *** around on Promathia. 5/6 people were weakend the whole fight from mulitiple deaths from fighting while weakend (including the nin kiting him) and Prishe just beat the hell out of him while the WHM healed her. It was insanely fun though.
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-05-01 09:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

3 75s with BST and SAM on their way there next. I don't really do end game ***, so I have plenty of free time to craft and level.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-05-01 09:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:
Greenjade said:
Jacinda said:
Fullen said:

i enjoy helping others =/ AN a good excuse to KC drk something too!

Shame we aren't on the same server =(

I've already completed AN and all. xP I'm currently helping two of my friends get Sea one is stuck on Oryu and the other is stuck on Three Paths. Only problem I'm having is finding the time where our group is on at the same time to get it done.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-01 09:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 3 75's kinda... lol Got Smn to 75 first because my friends thought it'd be a good idea. This was btw at NA release.
Monk to 30 first, which was the job I 'really' wanted to level. Then whm to like 20, smn to 40, lots of breaks and lvling other jobs, whm to 40, smn to 75. Took like 2 years for Smn to hit 75 b/c I wasn't really focused on it.

Then I took whm to 75 and got a few merits to help various shells and absolutely hated it. >.< And my old Limbus shell making me come whm often even after I sold my gear was annoying. So I ended up delvling i in events and such to 74, like 10k tnl to 75.

And now I'm leveling Samurai to 75 from where I had stopped earlier at 61. Eventually I'll probably level Pld to 75 so I can come as a tank and our Pld in out little group can come Blm.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-05-01 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Tbest said:

Then I took whm to 75 and got a few merits to help various shells and absolutely hated it. >.< And my old Limbus shell making me come whm often even after I sold my gear was annoying.

Once a whm, always a whm.

It's best not to let people know you have whm 70+ because they will most likely take advantage of it. Unless you have an obvious better geared job.

This pretty much covers certain jobs. If you have Bard, hell you could even have a E.Body War with Ridll guess what job they'll have you go on the most? Yep Bard.

I just became a Novio Earring BLM so that pretty much nixes me ever going RDM to events unless I'm tanking on my RDM. And DNC at events doesn't really do much unless you're fully merited.
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-01 09:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

11 75's and always the tank, being good at stuff can suck :p
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Server: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-05-01 09:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM, BLM, SMN, RDM 75. DNC 50 and PLD 45. I have an addiction to jobs that are able to heal. So far except DNC, I've main healed on all of my jobs. On PLD I do more healing than the actual mages.

Not a big fan of SCH, but I'm sure after PLD and DNC, it will be next. I'd level BRD, but.. you don't heal so much, and I wouldn't be able to say no when asked to come as BRD 98% of the time. I struggle enough with RDM as is. I would rather main WHM or SMN. SMN is definitely my best geared job..

Ls I'm in works that if you don't lot for any of the rar/ex stuff, or other equip-able items, you get money drops. So that's how I got my gil to take care of my jobs so far.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2009-05-01 09:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

5 75s and i'm working on a Ph.D...

my secret is not sleeping :D

(as far as making gil goes, find a repeatable **NM with a good drop pool and spam it... used to be ISNM but better money in ANNMs now)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-01 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

3 75's BLM-MNK-WAR

Go to school full time, work full-time, and full-time milf..i mean mom :P.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-01 10:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing for a year and a half, and DRK is my second job closing in on 75.

MNK75, my first true love!