Catastrophe Set Help.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophe set help.
Catastrophe set help.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-13 06:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jem said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Well, I didn't try ogier's breeches with fracas grenade, i'll make a third ws set.

Last i've checked switching from ogier's+bomb core to bale legs+fracas was 3 or 5 less attack but 17 more STR.
Same amount of INT and AGI.

Thing is :
Set Ogier's+bomb core STR 106+59 before hasso and RCB+1 (106+73)
Set Bale+fracas grenade STR 106+76 (106+90)

I don't know how you can assume that I have poor attack when I'm posting my itemset.

I understand that 3% WSD has a huge impact on the dmg dealt, but i'm starting to think that ogier's is really far ahead when you have apoc 99 and the 40% cata's bonus. My apoc is still 95 atm.

You can call me bandwagon DRK if you want, people who know me can remember how harassing I was with my DRK even when the job was at the bottom of the class.

Thing is it isn't 3-5 attack versus 17 STR. It's 3-5 attack and 3% WSD. 17 STR looks like a lot but in reality it's 4-5 fSTR as you've already done the attack conversion. 4-5fSTR will not raise your damage by 3% whether your Apoc is 95 or 99. It wouldn't even at 75 after WSC was factored in too. It would be different if Cata had a STR mod but it doesn't.

I didn't say you had poor attack. What I said was conditional which is always going to be the case with gear. But you did mention high def/vit mobs so if forced to, I would naturally assume uncapped attack since otherwise there's no point as specifying the mob that way.

And I wasn't actually referring to you with the bandwagon comment, it was just a general comment in reply to Ashman's comment. If I had meant you I wouldn't have made any attempt to help you, certainly not in detail.

Ok.
 Asura.Jem
Server: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-09-13 07:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, that may have come across more narky than intended. That's just kinda how I am.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-13 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [144 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-02-04 12:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Question

Looking at the Drk DPS sheet for a apoc drk/war (6 hit) it says windbuffet belt is noticeably ahead of a haste belt in every circumstance (buuffs - no buffs - LR/DB up or down etc etc)- which seems odd especially for an AM down set

Is the dps sheet broken ?! or is this correct - if so im struggling to see what else would be worth swapping in for a (generic) AM up set over my current AM down set.