Aeloian Edge Cleave?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Aeloian Edge Cleave?
Aeloian Edge Cleave?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Vladmir
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 18:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so the norm for Cleaving is either Fell Cleave for WAR, but the down to that is it produces mass amounts of Ruby. And then there is BLU Burning which is a decent one, because it gives you loads of Azure. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to do an Aeloian Edge burn. If so what are some atmas to use and what gear is good. I'm not looking to brew stuff, just AE Cleave.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-10 18:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimate/Gales/Smiting Blow

Also gonna correct you.

BLU >>> WAR any day of the week when it comes to cleaving BLU is king and no other job can compete x:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 18:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason I ask is because Im trying to cleave Konschat for Dark Rings and KI for EE. And yes I do agree, BLU > WAR any day. only problem is our BLU is not consistent. Any gear suggestions for a THF to use for AE burn?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-10-10 18:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Vladmir said: »
Only reason I ask is because Im trying to cleave Konschat for Dark Rings and KI for EE. And yes I do agree, BLU > WAR any day. only problem is our BLU is not consistent. Any gear suggestions for a THF to use for AE burn?
Assuming you don't have some guy leveling them up, CW Damage should be static throughout. If you're pulling all the mobs at once (which you should be anyways) BLU will have no issues, but little pulls of 5-10 are going to create problems with the BA timer. But even then, WoR and other choice AoE spells can still take things down easily.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-10 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulled a Random Set from the Item Set Search.

I'm not really sure about major improvements i'm not a THF but looks decent none the less.

Edit: Those rings should be MAB rings augmented from Tahrongi chests.
[+]
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say my BLU is not Consistent is because he is hardly on BLU, Doesnt have all the spells, doesnt have a good set for BLU Burn setup. Thats the reason im trying to come up with an alternate way to do this via THF, so my GF and I can duo burns. I have a very good RDM, and she has THF. neither of us have gotten around to doing BLU and the only thing other then THF she has is WAR. We can cleave succesfully. As i said only problem is the Ruby lights. and i know fighting something that doesnt give Ruby is easiest. However, in Konschat there is only one mob that doesnt give Ruby and its the Saplings, which don't link.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-10 18:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

THF can cleave just fine, just know its fairly slower than BLU and WAR.

Edge is definatley nice if you want to steer clear from Ruby.
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 18:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Gradd So you think the above setup that you posted should work just fine?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-10 18:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I plan on completing when I get back to the game in a few weeks.

TP Bonus Fusetto and Moonshade earring and MAB gear, followed by INT where possible. You could add some of the Nebula armor set gear for extra INT (Body and Feet), but frankly I don't see myself doing that just for AE.
[+]
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 18:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Sheelay that looks like an awesome setup.
 Bahamut.Alpaka
user: MGreer
By Bahamut.Alpaka 2011-10-10 19:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimera Hairpin - http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11813/chimera-hairpin over Bonnet, and Tjukurrpa http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10984/tjukurrpa-mantle for back

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-10 19:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I have TH gear on is mostly because I AE chain Brew most of the time so I prefer to keep it on for the proc.
Because of the brew refresh I also switch to Artemis' medal. I believe for AE Cleave you shouldn't need TH gear so you could change them to something else, possibly with MAB or INT.
A great second dagger for AE would be the INT Kila, but of course it would really take some determination to actually make one for just AE.

Edit: @ Josia, Martial knife's TP Bponus stacks with Fusetto's? If so then that would mean you could actually have 300TP AE fulltime and could switch TP Bonus Moonshade for a Novio, strophadic earring or Moldavite.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-10 19:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I read an old topic and apparently Martial Knife and TP Bonus Fusetto do stack, so yeah, get those 2 together and you can AE every time at 100 TP as if you had 300 TP. Pretty neat.

Just for laughs, I guess this would make the ultimate AE build:

Artemis/Uggalepih depending on Moon phase, MAB augmented rings from Tahrongi chests. I couldn't find any relevant INT gear on the hand slot (aside from the RSE ones if you have the right race I guess), but luckily DEX is a modifier just as well, so AF3 hands work fine.
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 19:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So now for the ultimate question. I have the "best" AE setup. What sub would i use to make this all ultimately effectvie? /SAM for Sekkanoki/Meditate.?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-10 19:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So now for the ultimate question. I have the "best" AE setup. What sub would i use to make this all ultimately effectvie? /SAM for Sekkanoki/Meditate.?
I kinda seem to think so if you aren't rocking Sea Daughter... my biggest complaint AE cleaving is having to build TP :/ I mean it doesn't take forever to build TP, but when you are doing 1k dmg, it can make a pull take a while to clear
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2011-10-10 19:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So and AE burn isnt going to do more then 1k per WS? I would think it would be like Cataclysm and similar, If cataclysm can reach 2k+ im sure AE could too? IDK just my opinion.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-10 19:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You could either /SAM for Stp, Meditate and Sekka or /BLM for another 24 MAB from the JT.
The best Atma combo could be Gales, Ultimate and Hell's Guardian or another MAB Atma (Baying moon perhaps, can't remember what other Atmas grant 30+ MAB)
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-10-10 19:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimate/Gales*/RR is my favorite AE burn atma setup. Dex is a mod and it lets you do serious damage if for some reason you run into a NM.

+100 TP works in the offhand, "TP Bonus" does not.

* - edit
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-10 19:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So and AE burn isnt going to do more then 1k per WS? I would think it would be like Cataclysm and similar, If cataclysm can reach 2k+ im sure AE could too? IDK just my opinion.
nah im positive you could pull bigger numbers, i just dont have anywhere close to the ideal set so I AE stuff for like 700 :/

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Alpaka
user: MGreer
By Bahamut.Alpaka 2011-10-10 20:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gales/Ultimate/Hell's Gaurdian & /BLM
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-10 20:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alpaka said: »
Gales/Ultimate/Hell's Gaurdian & /BLM
gimme D:
[+]
By Nevill 2011-10-10 20:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing 1500 on bats in tahrongi today using gales, smiting and ultimate

I stack mab gear (Augmented demon's rings, earrings, aqualine belt)

Aeolian is also dex modded as well afaik, so stack dex gear where you can't stack MAB

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-10-10 20:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I average about 1750ish with gales/ultimate/smiting and TP bonus magian. After AE cleaving a ton of my Glavoid pops and never seeing a single MAB demon ring I gave up on those and just stick to my BLM's INT rings. I would personally prefer BLM for sub over SAM, I have no problems getting TP with a ton of stuff hitting me and TPing in my regular haste gear. I usually don't even manage to AE right at 100 TP since I'm either lagging out from all the mobs or on the mule curing/hasting.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-10 21:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i expect 18 pages!!!!!!!!
By Wenuden 2011-10-10 22:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »
on the mule curing/hasting.
There's an app for that.