Aeloian Edge Cleave?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Aeloian Edge Cleave?
Aeloian Edge Cleave?
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-10-10 23:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wenuden said: »
Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »
on the mule curing/hasting.
There's an app for that.

That's cool, thanks for contributing?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-10-10 23:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing a lot of people forget is its not all about max AE damage.

Mainhand TP fusetto, offhand Mkris or Magina 1-4 dagger.

You NEED to be able to get TP fast to do the 3-6 (depending on mob and gear) AEs to kill a pull. Stacking TP offhand, damage atmas and /blm to kill mobs in 4 AEs instead of 5 but gaining TP like a slug doesnt beat multi hit offhand and a TP sub (nin or sam) and doing those 5AEs waay faster and dropping 200 damage off them.

*Ultimate/gales/+MAB(ideally hells guardian) and solid gear cover your damage.

*Fusetto(or martial) making you WS at 200TP covers TP bonus (you will overshoot 100TP fairly often anyway making a second bonus offhand partially wasted. Use a multi hit offhand to TP faster)

*Sub something to make you get TP faster. I usually go /nin because im doing something else in the zone. (like gold farming for pops, then popping them) but /sam works well also.

Epeen AEs are nice and all, but you gotta think of it just like any other DD build. Whats your damage over TIME gonna look like? Sam/thf blowing ***up once a minute with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Fudos may look pretty but sam/war will do way more damage and therefore kill more crap faster. /blm, all damage atmas and 2x TP bonus daggers is just to slow. We have no easy access to TP via retaliation, pld shield blocks tanking 20 mobs etc. Gotta melee it.

Less screenshot epeen, more killing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 00:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Magina
mangina gooo!
but yeah i couldn't agree more, THF get TP too slow cleaving so giving up your offhand to Parazonium or being /nin prolly comes out ahead. not to mention, you're not stuck on lol /blm in case you do anything serious
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-11 00:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

use /rdm they have the same mab as /blm sub
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 00:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

but then hao u git home?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-11 00:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

blo walpin

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-11 01:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i spend a LOT of time AE burning, and damage per ws and saftey reasons /rdm is best sub, /sam for fastest kills, /war is a great balance (take alot less damage when hit, pop aggressor at camp to be hit for the TP gain) i actually prefer /war becuase it builds TP alot faster than /rdm and seems to be alot safer than /sam...gales/smiting/MAB atma are best choices for damage, other than my tp bonus dagger and int/mab magian dagger i have very lil money and effort in my set and average 1400-1600 damage w/o any bufffs and will break 2k rather constant on spectors with windstorm (whm/sch healing) and mab drink. on top of that, thf rocks for pulling over the other jobs, PD + flee each pull and i almost never bring back less than 20 if the camps open... Dark rings are a *** tho! there is no good mobs to AE in that zone, leechs and efts work but i have yet to pull off getting much more than 10 mobs per pull easly without taking 3-4 min just to pull
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-10-11 02:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do so many people on here call it "AE cleaving" or "BLU cleaving"?
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-11 02:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a good question hah, i always say AE burning tho :P i guess cuz the AoE farming started w/ fell cleave?
 Phoenix.Felonius
Server: Phoenix
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2011-11-01 08:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current setup, Kila is MAB, I have an aqualine and a breeze belt and for some reason at some point I decided breeze belt was better.

From my understanding of the AE damage, Dex has a cap while Int doesn't. So in Abyssea with Cruor Buffs I think Dex is capped so it's better to have Int than Dex (though neither int or dex are huge increases in dmg)

I would like to get another Demon Ring.

I sub rdm for phalanx and stoneskin (need to burn mp for ugg pendant to trigger anyway)

Depending on the setup I use these Atma:
Ultimate/Gales/Sea Daughter
or
Ultimate/Gales/Baying Moon (I don't have Hell's Guardian)

Those new feet look nice, will have to try them out.

Also TP gain really isn't an issue for me, I swap gear to tp build and swap to this for ws only.

I know I still have some improvements to make but I hit 1600-1800+ most of the time with this setup.

Also I mainhand the martial knife, but I couldn't figure out how to make it display in the main hand.