WHM Max fast cast
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-10-03 00:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to upgrade a few things on WHM mainly precast for all spells/cures. Also would cure clogs beat out augur feet for starting cast or would augur -> cure clogs work as well?
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-03 00:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Itze said: »
Looking to upgrade a few things on WHM mainly precast for all spells/cures. Also would cure clogs beat out augur feet for starting cast or would augur -> cure clogs work as well?
Pretty convinced Cure clogs > Augurs.Aren't augur's like a 3% fastcast or something when cure clogs is -15% in actual cast.

EDIT: oh and I hear CCT cap was 80% now there is kalilla that did some "max CCT" set in one of her whm thread but at 80% CCT you won't even have time to switch to cure potency/mnd gear (instacast almost) so not really worth it.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 00:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
you won't even have time to switch to cure potency/mnd gear (instacast almost) so not really worth it.

Wrong. If you use spellcast and set your midcast value to .4 on cures, it'll swap.

As for your other question use clogs unless you're concerned with recast, then use augurs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-03 01:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
you won't even have time to switch to cure potency/mnd gear (instacast almost) so not really worth it.

Wrong. If you use spellcast and set your midcast value to .4 on cures, it'll swap.

As for your other question use clogs unless you're concerned with recast, then use augurs.
^
I had wayy to many problems.The second you lag a slightly bit you will see yourself curing in something retard.I play on a very old PC so .4s doesn't work very well for me.Guess it really depends on your lag.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 01:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

^
I had wayy to many problems.The second you lag a slightly bit you will see yourself curing in something retard.I play on a very old PC so .4s doesn't work very well for me.Guess it really depends on your lag.

The game doesn't always load your appropriate set properly onscreen, doesn't necessarily mean you're curing in the wrong stuff. If your cure numbers are wrong then you know something is up. My computer lags sometimes so I don't always swap into the right gear, but it's never mattered too much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-10-03 01:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, it's dependent on your lag. just have to test it yourself. I only use 51% in gear, 10% /sch, and .6 midcast is consistent swap times for me. anything less* for me wouldn't be consistent with the swap out, which really bugs me (messes up my recast on cures since i rely on my blessed +1 to reduce my cures by 1 more second). good for curagas.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-03 01:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

^

The game doesn't always load your appropriate set properly onscreen, doesn't necessarily mean you're curing in the wrong stuff. If your cure numbers are wrong then you know something is up. My computer lags sometimes so I don't always swap into the right gear, but it's never mattered too much.
Lags really does affect my gearswaps with spellcast and I've seen other ppl complain about it too.I really really end up curing in some *** up ***and you can see it in the cure numbers.

EDIT:Most of the time my .6 works fine but if I get massive lag for a sec, it's where SC doesnt keep up.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 01:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT:Most of the time my .6 works fine but if I get massive lag for a sec, it's where SC doesnt keep up.

Try .4, if it doesn't work it's your computer/net. :x .6 is too long if you're /sch with a decent precast set.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-03 01:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Try .4, if it doesn't work it's your computer/net. :x .6 is too long if you're /sch with a decent precast set.
.6 is more then enough for a 50% CCT set ;o Well to me anyway.Just when I get massive lag that it *** up.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-10-03 01:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The life of a white mage must be hectic if you can't afford to wait an extra .2 seconds. Jesus.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-03 01:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said: »
The life of a white mage must be hectic if you can't afford to wait an extra .2 seconds. Jesus.

It's about being optimal.

Nobody mentioned not being able to afford .2 seconds.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 01:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

.6 is more then enough for a 50% CCT set ;o Well to me anyway.Just when I get massive lag that it *** up.

Are you sure you're at 50% with gear/merits and light arts or /rdm fastcast trait? The cap is 80%.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-03 02:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

*confession*

I have no idea

The game is getting boring for me and loosing interest, haven't updated my sets in a long time.

Might join up with a linkshell soon to do VW stuff, that might spark my interest again and get my WHM updated. ATM all I do is hang out with friends and chill during my free time.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 02:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
*confession*

I have no idea

The game is getting boring for me and loosing interest, haven't updated my sets in a long time.

Might join up with a linkshell soon to do VW stuff, that might spark my interest again and get my WHM updated. ATM all I do is hang out with friends and chill during my free time.

Voidwatch is a lot of fun. Honestly the only thing that keeps me entertained. @@; Otherwise I just breed/race chocobos...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-03 02:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to start doing that ; ;

Would love to race chocobos
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 02:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I need to start doing that ; ;

Would love to race chocobos

:<! It's fun. Well, the real races, not the grinding races. @_____@;
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-10-03 02:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You all suck for not answering the first question >:( mad cat is mad.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-03 02:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure you're at 50% with gear/merits and light arts or /rdm fastcast trait? The cap is 80%.
Meh old on, been pilling up fastcast as I get some lemme math this set....

EDIT:I got 47% cure spellcasting minus in gears.The you can add the merits (20%?) and sch (10%). I guess I got 80% what the hell.....me.Doesn't seem to be casting as fast as some other ppl D:

Did I miscount? D: 2% fastcast head, 3% fastcast on Dalmy and -6% curespellcasting on shield.

rofl.GOING TO BED.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-10-03 02:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

clogs are better and you would need to precast those.

edit: also be useful to post what you currently use
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 03:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I did. It depends on what you want. If you want to cast faster use clogs, if you're having problems with recast timers use augurs. @@;
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-03 03:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl.GOING TO BED.

Yeah, you need .4 midcast or even lower. That's why your gear isn't swapping. :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-10-03 03:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

regarding recast timers, should be using blessed/+1 over augur.
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2011-10-03 03:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure if fast cast quite caps out but i have basically every pre 95 fast cast piece available to whm and i dont see my cures anymore. they're more like JAs at this point, so whether it caps at 80% or not, its definately fast enough.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-10-03 03:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted a fast cast set posted~ that helps so ty c:
By esdain 2011-10-03 04:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I fancy my new Prolix Ring. Fast Cast on a ring is handy. -Enmity is a bonus.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-10-03 11:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much the ideal one you can build right now:
 Phoenix.Bohgo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2011-10-03 11:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Facio Gages give -3% cure casting time as well.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-03 11:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »

then switch to:

Very easy -cast time if you can put some work into getting one
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-03 11:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Waist doesn't do anything for cures. Body is semi-annoying for Spellcast users because you're going A>B>A with AF3+2>Heka's>AF3+2. It may not pick up on the swap fast enough and leave you in Heka's at midcast because it thinks you're still wearing AF3. Using <cmd when="midcast">input /equip Body "Orison Bliaud +2"</cmd> fixes that though.

Cuffs have less than 2% Fast Cast, I personally would not waste inventory on them. The 2% items (wand, ammo, earring, ring, back) are still pretty minor, but if you have the space for them then knock yourself out.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-03 12:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The staff and body is 27%, legs and feet are 27%, with your merited 20% and 10-15% on sub (lets just do 10). That's 84%. Take one merit* out of cast time and put it into something else.

The less items you have in your precast the better.
First Page 2