FFXI Reaches The 2 Million Mark???

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI reaches the 2 million mark???
FFXI reaches the 2 million mark???
First Page 2
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-22 05:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so we only play with 1.5 million RMTs?

Thats not bad.
 Asura.Sharpe
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-04-22 05:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

2 million active characters. Most of them will be RMT or mules.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-22 05:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sharpe said:

Damn them misleading us with that....

But then again, I seriously doubt that "7 million players play WoW" too.

Its surprising to find that many tards who need to be walked thru their gameplay.

I mean, if you are a tard who play FFXI, you are a supertard! Bonus points if you join a supertard LS. Double bonus points if you join a supertard endgame LS, cause those only take the best of the best in tards!
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-04-22 06:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Sharpe said:

Damn them misleading us with that....

But then again, I seriously doubt that "7 million players play WoW" too.

Its surprising to find that many tards who need to be walked thru their gameplay.

I mean, if you are a tard who play FFXI, you are a supertard! Bonus points if you join a supertard LS. Double bonus points if you join a supertard endgame LS, cause those only take the best of the best in tards!

I take it you dont enjoy helping new players who honestly havent a clue?
thats pretty messed up, weve all been there, just started the game no idea what your doing having to learn almost everything if not everything about this huge game, I had to be walked through alot of stuff on this game myself.
Maybe not ALL of us, but i had to learn everything from friends.Theres no reason at all to be antisocial and shun "Tards"(Unless of course they are infact mentally handicapped you could waste weeks of time trying to help them)

Also if ive missentreped what youve said please let me know ^_^
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-22 06:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that, for example, someone who actively levels/does five different jobs would basically equate to five different characters on WoW.

I don't need to create six different characters to play BLU, PLD, SAM, BST, RNG, and SCH. I only have one. So... the figures are skewed a bit. I'm sure more people play WoW, but FFXI is still one of the biggest MMOs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miemo
Server: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 06:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Keep in mind that, for example, someone who actively levels/does five different jobs would basically equate to five different characters on WoW.

I don't need to create six different characters to play BLU, PLD, SAM, BST, RNG, and SCH. I only have one. So... the figures are skewed a bit. I'm sure more people play WoW, but FFXI is still one of the biggest MMOs.

^This
and WoW is too easy imo..
 Remora.Hatcher
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-22 06:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i got 11 chars over two accounts are these numbers "accounts" or are they chars?

i am so totally confused lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-22 06:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always so few people on Garuda, it's really hard to imagine this many characters are playing the game.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 06:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatcher said:
i got 11 chars over two accounts are these numbers "accounts" or are they chars?

i am so totally confused lol

Then my question to you is: How many jobs have you leveled on theese? :D
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-22 06:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

my main char has 2 lvl 75 jobs on main account with 7 crafting mules of which i have 4 veteran crafts.

my other account has 3 chars of which 2 of them are lvl 75

Yay for doing limit breaks on 3 chars lol
 Titan.Joclyn
Server: Titan
user: Joclyn
By Titan.Joclyn 2009-04-22 06:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with Rhinok. I believe that many a player has left this game early on due to the elitest attitude of "original" players. If newer players can't get the help they need, they aren't going to stick around. They don't make AF quests and limit breakers soloable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone is like that. In fact there's many a player that has reached the pinnicle of their game experiance who do nothing other than help people because they are bored and have nothing left to shoot for.

I'm an XBox generation player. So I'm not nearly as pro as the people playing on PS2 and PC. But even me and a gang of people I leveld up with ABUSED the only two people we could find to help us.

To make my point, it seems to me that amount of people playing could increase if we all take the time to stop and help out that "Super tard" in the dunes who has no idea...
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 06:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So in WoW terms that is 14 characters! Keep up the good work soldier!

And yeah G1-5 are a blast... not!
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-22 06:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to build a taru crafting army!!

And seeing as my main is a galka it would be funny to see me leading my gang of misfit veterans.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 07:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

XD legit(sp?) "RMT train" of crafters? This I like :)
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-22 07:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

HEY!

This is dedication and hard work, i been playing 4 years or so and have lvled a few 75 jobs not really got anything from endgame all i do is farm and craft for fun!!

Yeah i see your point lol
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 07:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

14 characters dosn't count as few imo ;)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-22 07:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese Prime Time at the moment and there's 2418 people on Garuda. How accurate is this figure, and does it involve inactive characters?
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-22 07:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There are over 9000 people on asura right now. Not that I'm online or anything, or have any way of checking. I just assume that's how it is when I'm not on.
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-22 07:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been said, but let's take WoW. You can have 10 characters per realm and 50 across the board total. That would turn out to be a hell of a lot of 'players' in the end. x.x;
I have 1 main and 2 mules, here on XI. Does this mean I have three players playing my account? Nope! I'm fairly positive it's measured by accounts, though. Measuring by characters would prove to be very inaccurate.
EDIT:
"...the total number of active characters across all worlds..."

>.>... This angers me.
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-22 07:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
14 characters dosn't count as few imo ;)

14 chars!

1 main char, 8 crafting chars, 2 jeuno sales, and then the other 3 are stationed at certain places for npc / guilds

It makes sense!! lol
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-22 07:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity, how much a month do you pay for XI? x.x; I don't know if the prices are different in the UK. I suppose, though, if they are charging you in USD, you'd be screaming with joy due to your dollar's higher value. <.<
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-22 08:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Just out of curiosity, how much a month do you pay for XI? x.x; I don't know if the prices are different in the UK. I suppose, though, if they are charging you in USD, you'd be screaming with joy due to your dollar's higher value. <.<

£7.99 monthly fee, 50p for every additional character. I pay £9.99 for my FFXI, which is just three to four less drinks at the pub a month. =P
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-22 08:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Celene said:

EDIT:
"...the total number of active characters across all worlds..."

>.>... This angers me.

Doesn't active mean anything over level 1? Just go level a mule to level 2 and its active?

I think what they call 'active', yes. I can't remember, it's posted on their yearly statistic charts.
In order to by marbles for the lotto you have to be over level 10. So, I'm pretty sure a large handful of people have mules over the needed level. It's just very inaccurate if they are basing their numbers off total characters.

Wooooodum said:
Celene said:

£7.99 monthly fee, 50p for every additional character. I pay £9.99 for my FFXI, which is just three to four less drinks at the pub a month. =P

So, £7.99 is roughly $11.60 USD. >.> They're ripping NA players off. D:<
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-22 08:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
We could potentially go from 2million to 3million in one day, if everyone got on their mule and got to level 2 and logged out.

Well, what are we waiting for?!
Oshit a preview button...
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-22 08:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Oshit a preview button...

I know, eh? When did it come into effect. xD Just noticed it now, but haven't been posting as much lately. Been busy. x.x
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-22 08:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been on for like 4 days, stomach virus around our area. Boy was that some colorful regurge- ohshit a score button...

So many more buttons to push :3
[+]
First Page 2