Mahatma Slops vs. Jet Seraweels
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-22 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Didgist said:
I remember camping these for people wondering why in gods name they would give up 1 INT on blm.

Guess this thread seperates the hardcore foaming-at-the mouth blms from the ones who just play it when SAM gets boring.

That may be true, as I'm certainly not a "hardcore" anything. In time, maybe I will change my mind and decide to go with those slops. For now, my seraweels suit me just fine, and haven't proven to be a hindrance on any group event or solo task that I've undertaken.

I don't know, it just seems somewhat silly that such a huge deal is made over comparing these two items when at the end of the day, what's going to matter most is the person's skill and reaction to situations, not what they are wearing.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-22 11:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
I'm a fan of the jets myself. I just abhor white box whorage with certain exceptions, add in the negative stats and I'm not sold.

Yet as with all things, it depends upon your build. Especially if you're going for the 320 (skill) / 120 (INT). If you need that +1 INT from the Mahatma slops to reach/ stay at 120 there you go. Stay with it.

^This -'s

negatives are bleh but i use on rdm solo anyway -5 or -6 vit no thx
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-22 11:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Who needs invites when you can solo all the way to 75?

That's gotta be so *** boring though >.<
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-22 11:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i think invites are good for blm imo, it helps understand and think when you come into situations with other jobs in a party, especially if u do endgame alliances.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-22 11:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bungie said:
lol @ the jet seraweels scrubs~

lol@ the e-thug wannabe
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-22 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hypnotizd said:

No not really. Besides when you solo you can /heal and go grab a snack, make a sammich, use the restroom come back 10 minute later and not have people bitching that you were gone forever=P Seeing 400~600exp/kill is also pretty entertaining =D
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-22 11:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hypnotizd said:

No not really. Besides when you solo you can /heal and go grab a snack, make a sammich, use the restroom come back 10 minute later and not have people bitching that you were gone forever=P Seeing 400~600exp/kill is also pretty entertaining =D

I prefer soloing to parties on BLM. BLU solo vs. party is debatable; I like soloing stuff, but it's rough on the wallet. Busting SCs on /THF in parties is fun! Gogo 1500-2000+ Gravitations/Lights.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-22 11:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Hypnotizd said:
Azulmagia said:
Wooooodum said:
Yeah, but who cares about BLU?

Our invite rate is slightly less crappy than BLM's!

Both BLU and BLM can so, eh. A lot of new BLMs don't seem to have the guts to, though :\

BLM is going to be my 100%-pure-solo-to-75 job. (It's at 20, now...!)

EDIT: Wait, bleah, that means I'll never get to play a different job in endgame again if I do that. Now I remember why it's still 20.

Noo just don't merit it! My LS got a few new blms with merits so now I can go as other jobs to events!
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-04-22 11:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I nuke in Errant Slops unless it's a Dyna-Tav.

I am definately not the hardcore BLM type, but the ones I know get so pissed when this discussion comes up haha.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-22 12:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm not a retard lol. I knew which one was better before I made the thread. I wasn't asking which was better, I was just asking if that 1 extra INT is so incredibly important when I would already have a pretty good amount of INT.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-22 12:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
Well, I'm not a retard lol. I knew which one was better before I made the thread.

Get the one you know is better. If you don't care enough about BLM to get the better piece then why ask on a public forum where BLMs will be replying? Do you want someone to pat you on the back and tell you its ok to not get the better piece? I don't see that happening.
 Seraph.Marylyn
Server: Seraph
user: Marylyn
By Seraph.Marylyn 2009-04-22 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i'm the only one that thinks seraweels are ugs >_>... but ya, since when was mp a priority on brm(unless you're a galka cause you can't nuke anyways :P) Mahatma or GTFO

Edit:oops
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-22 12:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If I understood the OP correctly, it's not a case of "Which should I get?", it's more a case of "Is the +3~5 damage I'd get on a nuke WORTH the ~100k price difference?"

I continually ask the same thing to people, "Is it really worth 500k just to get +1 to something and a white box? Really?"

No.. it isn't worth ~100k for +1 INT, BUT unless you're going to get something like Morrigans (the only thing I could find with more +INT after a quick search), then it's likely to be the best you'll get for a long time, so in that respect, yes.. yes it is worth 100k. If you're only left with upgrading pieces of gear now, instead of buying pieces fresh, then go for it. Needless to say, the +1INT will benefit you (MND might do too, I just don't need MND gear >.>), whether you notice it or not.

tl;dr's:

If you have other stuff to buy, get that before you worry about +1 INT. If you're upgrading and you have all the key pieces, then go for it.. unless you're getting obvious better pants soon, these'll last a long time.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-22 12:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Azulmagia said:
Hypnotizd said:
Azulmagia said:
Wooooodum said:
Yeah, but who cares about BLU?

Our invite rate is slightly less crappy than BLM's!

Both BLU and BLM can so, eh. A lot of new BLMs don't seem to have the guts to, though :\

BLM is going to be my 100%-pure-solo-to-75 job. (It's at 20, now...!)

EDIT: Wait, bleah, that means I'll never get to play a different job in endgame again if I do that. Now I remember why it's still 20.

Noo just don't merit it! My LS got a few new blms with merits so now I can go as other jobs to events!

Or level PLD. As soon as I got a Hydra Haubert, my BLM ceased to exist.
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-22 12:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
Well, I'm not a retard lol. I knew which one was better before I made the thread. I wasn't asking which was better, I was just asking if that 1 extra INT is so incredibly important when I would already have a pretty good amount of INT.

So you knew the answer before asking the question. In that case, the Mahatma are obviously the better of the two in terms of what a BLM can get from it and if the best is what you want, then get them. Is having Mahatma instead of the Seraweels going to imbue you with powers to destroy anything and everything? Not by a long shot.

You'll notice more of an impact with INT in the earlier levels when your elemental magic skill is low. By now, the difference that +1 INT is going to give you is marginal at best.
 Caitsith.Bamill
Server: Caitsith
user: bamill
By Caitsith.Bamill 2009-04-22 12:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

what the peoples above said
Mahatma are fugly, but them or go level something else >.>)b
roughly 100k or so more than Jet on you're server.
the 1 INT makes a huge difference, it's worth it!
You start to see this more when you can stack an extra INT or 2 in a slot
ie. Snow/Omniscient Rings instead of lolDiamond rings, Demon Helm +1, Prism Cape (Ixion and Gleeman's capes are amazing if/when you can get'm)

MP wont matter too much, get yourself a good dark magic build
(Skill >MAcc >FastCast >Haste) and aspir will take care of that.

same scenario as SAM's in Hachiman body, don't gimp yourself to save money >.>)b

of course if you need to finish HQ staves i'd do that first before other gear.

as for looks in the legs slot or w/e idle in Igqira o.o)b
Eva +10, Phys. Dmg Curse, and a black abyss for a crotch, who could ask for more!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-22 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of Off-Topic

Bamill said:
same scenario as SAM's in Hachiman body, don't gimp yourself to save money >.>)b

I know never to TP in this, since hopefully I will have my Togi by tomorrow (Kirin has been stingy!) but this is a viable WS peice until something like Osode right?
 Caitsith.Bamill
Server: Caitsith
user: bamill
By Caitsith.Bamill 2009-04-22 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Kind of Off-Topic

Bamill said:

I know never to TP in this, since hopefully I will have my Togi by tomorrow (Kirin has been stingy!) but this is a viable WS peice until something like Osode right?

Haub +1 over Togi imo.
but aye. Hachi for WS until you can get Osode isn't the worst thing in the world, just never full time! lol
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-04-22 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:

If you mean for SAM...Never, ever use Shura Togi for TP. Even an NQ Haub will outperform it.

@OP: Mahatma. One extra INT in the legs, One extra on the back, One extra on the ear...It adds up quickly.
 Asura.Sharpe
Server: Asura
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-04-22 13:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Until I finish MP merits I'll keep my Jets. SCH/RDM MP in nuking gear is *** woeful.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-22 13:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Excesspain said:

If you mean for SAM...Never, ever use Shura Togi for TP. Even an NQ Haub will outperform it.

@OP: Mahatma. One extra INT in the legs, One extra on the back, One extra on the ear...It adds up quickly.

Good to know, SAM is only 67 atm and Togi is for MNK mainly. SAM in my LS told it was great for SAM, guess he is wrong haha
ok /off-topic end
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-22 13:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Kind of Off-Topic

Bamill said:

I hate that I'm saying this but for Y/G/K Osode > Domaru +1 > Usukane > Domaru > Askar > Haub +1 > Haub
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-22 13:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Baelorn said:
Excesspain said:

Good to know, SAM is only 67 atm and Togi is for MNK ONLY. SAM in my LS told it was great for SAM, guess he is wrong haha
ok /off-topic end

Fixed, and yeah Haub NQ >>> togi on sam
 Seraph.Marylyn
Server: Seraph
user: Marylyn
By Seraph.Marylyn 2009-04-22 13:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sharpe said:
Until I finish MP merits I'll keep my Jets. SCH/RDM MP in nuking gear is *** woeful.

so true for sch ;( /pat
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-22 13:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk of INT on the legs, what about the INT between our legs eh fellas?
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-04-22 13:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Mahatma's Wang Wooooodum?

lol imagine wearing something akin to the Igqira gear as underwear.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-04-22 20:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

o god @ this thread
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-22 21:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to think Jet Seraweels did look better than Mahatma. I then levelled a mage and realised they look considerably worse since they're actually gimp (it's like wearing a sign on your legs saying you're gimp <_<).

Statwise they're not bad, but because of the similar or even greater price in some cases, combined with the fact they are inferior, it makes them a gimp piece (see Kyudogi vs Osode, Denali Bonnet vs Walahra Turban etc). If they were 15k or so I don't think anyone would complain about them, it's the fact they are the same price as Mahatma.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-23 00:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys guys:

User submitted image

Or GTFO.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-23 01:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh *** SSR srsly, I'm like 0/over9000 on that damn NM ; ;

As for the look, Jet or Mahatma sux, use AFv2 legs. These look way better than morrigan :

User submitted image

Why ? Because they're more rare period. Even if stats are nearly the same as NQ.