Campaign Nerf?
First Page 2
 Hades.Nybras
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: wyrmhole
By Hades.Nybras 2009-04-16 15:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a campaign beating on a fort while at work for about an hour and got 120exp and 68 AN. Is this the new way of things or a bug? Anyone know anything?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-16 15:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

its a nerf. sorry.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-16 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

and its only with attacking forts.
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-16 15:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Was lame anyway.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-16 15:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

/nod They dun like people going afk and getting xp. >.>

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-16 15:43:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

FFXI Dynamis Calendar

Low lvls use it to exp too, ya know.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-16 15:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Tbest said:

FFXI Dynamis Calendar

Low lvls use it to exp too, ya know.

It isn't just people who go afk... Not a lot of lower people can actually help out and kill mobs and are victims of 2-3 hit deaths. I think it was a horrible nerf. 90% exp lost is just not right. =\
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-16 15:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And? My point was that you can easily go afk and get xp off of them. I never said that there weren't players that don't go afk while hitting the fortifications.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-16 15:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People that go AFK while attacking forts need to DIAF...

However, this nerf was a bit extremist, IMO. I don't know about you guys, but I'm never hitting a fort again. You'd get more exp fighting Easy Preys in any given zone then doing that ***.

Goodbye, Smokescreen I-IV. It was fun while it lasted...

And what's the deal with the Admin Eyes:?

Edit: oh, they're gone lol
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-04-16 15:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I never went afk during fort bashing, this nerf just makes me mad.

(ok, I kinda went semi afk, but I always ws'd usually when I hit 100+ TP)

Now it kinda sucks for people that can't hit campaign mobs to get the massive exp that others get.
 Hades.Nybras
user: wyrmhole
By Hades.Nybras 2009-04-16 15:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Well that just sucks. Guess I'll not be able to play at work anymore :(
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-16 16:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is pretty much no reason to do offensive campaigns IMO anymore. Sure you could wait for the mobs to maybe show, but no thanks. I'm only going to do defensive ones from now on.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-16 16:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be limited to the forts as far as EXP, although not allowing skillups for people without tags kinda bugged me a little. I liked being able to go to a battle on BLM and spam Bio on mobs while not having tags and get skillups.

As long as you're willing to lose the EXP if you get hate and die, you should be able to get skills.

If they are going to do that, maybe they will eventually take the next step and allow skillups with tags. I could sure find a way to be happy about Shield and Parrying skillups while doing campaign.

I did get my normal 5k EXP or so on PLD/DNC last night in a 3 wave attack.

Oh well, back to bashing in Colibri brains for Parry...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-16 16:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
There is pretty much no reason to do offensive campaigns IMO anymore. Sure you could wait for the mobs to maybe show, but no thanks. I'm only going to do defensive ones from now on.

I think you meant campaigns... *Fixed. >.>

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-16 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Hypnotizd said:

I think you meant campaigns... *Fixed. >.>

FFXI Dynamis Calendar

NO I MEANT OFFENSIVE ASSAULTS! >.>; I'll mod my own post above. Thanks=)
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-16 16:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Sure you could wait for the mobs to maybe show, but no thanks. I'm only going to do defensive ones from now on.

Ya, until S-E fixes Campaign to actually have some kind of pattern or something, or better reporting, I'm not wasting the time. I haven't stopped to look at the Campaign Map this week yet, but I'm betting the number of controlled zones is gonna start slipping as more people stop giving a ***about taking any given zone.

And yeah, skillup woulda been nice. The tree gets boring...
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-04-16 16:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
Seems to be limited to the forts as far as EXP, although not allowing skillups for people without tags kinda bugged me a little. I liked being able to go to a battle on BLM and spam Bio on mobs while not having tags and get skillups.

As long as you're willing to lose the EXP if you get hate and die, you should be able to get skills.

If they are going to do that, maybe they will eventually take the next step and allow skillups with tags. I could sure find a way to be happy about Shield and Parrying skillups while doing campaign.

Oh lord...

Don't get me started on them nerfing skillups in campaign also, I had a long discussion with a friend over how pissed we are about that. I have a huge problem with that as blm because nowadays the majority of all my parties center around mana burn parties that are synced down to 20+ (and I am pushing 62 almost!) now I don't know about you, but my skills have taken a severe beating because of that. I know all of you are going to say "Well decline it then" or "Go skill up on Besieged", well the problem is, if I decline a invite (which takes forever to get in the first place unless it's a low level sync and "Besieged" ... I don't have hours to wait for them to start just so I can spam spells in hope for a few skillups (and a few deaths, which don't really matter unless i'm dead at the end!) if I knew some good places to solo at 61 I would certainly do it, but I don't :(

/rant
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-16 16:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH, having skills slip due to syncing all the time comes with the territory. Level Sync is phenomenal, but I kinda agree that you should have to fight ***that's level appropriate in order to skill something up. Otherwise, there'd be no point to partying higher up, everyone below 55 would be syncing to Qufim or Valkurm or something, and every above 55 would be syncing to 55 doing birds.

(Edit: Trust me, I feel your pain...my WHM is SOOOOO *** gimp in staff/club and all the magic skillz it's not even funny >.<)

However, not giving skills in Campaign is silly.. The Mobs ARE high enough level to skill on, so not getting skills makes no sense. We get skill in Besieged, which is another exp-loss free event, so why not Campaign? Dumb...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-16 16:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
if I knew some good places to solo at 61 I would certainly do it, but I don't :(

/rant

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Black_Mage_Solo_Guide_by_Lion_heart#60-66_-_Bibiki_Bay

Learn to love those bunnies, its one of the last decent pet solo for BLM.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-16 16:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
Aramina said:

Oh lord...

Don't get me started on them nerfing skillups in campaign also, I had a long discussion with a friend over how pissed we are about that. I have a huge problem with that as blm because nowadays the majority of all my parties center around mana burn parties that are synced down to 20+ (and I am pushing 62 almost!) now I don't know about you, but my skills have taken a severe beating because of that. I know all of you are going to say "Well decline it then" or "Go skill up on Besieged", well the problem is, if I decline a invite (which takes forever to get in the first place unless it's a low level sync and "Besieged" ... I don't have hours to wait for them to start just so I can spam spells in hope for a few skillups (and a few deaths, which don't really matter unless i'm dead at the end!) if I knew some good places to solo at 61 I would certainly do it, but I don't :(

/rant

Find a worm a few levels above you and Silence it. Spam spells, recast Silence, repeat, etc. Somewhat slower than Besieged but still nice for skilling up.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-16 16:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My elemental skill got back to capped by soloing rats in Aydeewa, because it was taking 6-7 Nukes per rat. It wasn't the best exp, but it was decent and very safe, and great for skillups.

My Dark skill is still lagging about 2-4 levels behind where it should be, but I just keep my eyes open for Besieged for that.

Hit 67 last night and soloing tigers in Inlet (S) atm, which should be good for several levels to come (I heard about 71 or so). Thing that's killing me is I want Cobra feet at 68 and I really just don't feel like doing Campaign on BRD/NIN or WHM/NIN to get the points atm. I wish I could get some AN exping in the past

Srsly though, I died once in the early 60s skilling on Campaign mobs because the people fighting the mob got MPKd with the NM and as a result, I was top of the hate list. It was still worth the 7 levels or so of Dark skill I got from doing it, but now you can't even do that.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-16 17:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

someone ever thought of the consequences we will face in like 3-4 weeks with no ppl attacking forts and not winning areas back?

Only can say goodybe Defensive and offensive OPs and Goodbye Supply transport missions~
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-16 17:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
someone ever thought of the consequences we will face in like 3-4 weeks with no ppl attacking forts and not winning areas back?

Only can say goodybe Defensive and offensive OPs and Goodbye Supply transport missions~

and HELLO CITY FIGHTS!
=D
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-16 17:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Magistrella said:

and HELLO CITY FIGHTS!
=D

yeah i so missed them....

man i could hear the sarcasm breath in my neck as i wrote that...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-16 18:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
Ludoggy said:
Magistrella said:

and HELLO CITY FIGHTS!
=D

Yeah, what happens when they're fighting in the cities? What NPC's are gone, etc? I've never done that before...
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-04-16 18:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks but they said they fixed the NPC hiding during a fight. Think of Besiged when you get stuck there and dont have a Warp out but you only zoned accidently. I know that has happen to me when not paying attention and going to pick up a bird.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-16 18:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Magistrella said:
Ludoggy said:
Magistrella said:

and HELLO CITY FIGHTS!
=D

Yeah, what happens when they're fighting in the cities? What NPC's are gone, etc? I've never done that before...

I cant clearly remember... the only city fights we had was like 6-9 month ago. I think youll loose most of the COP NPCs... dont remember further if MH is shut down or not (dont think so,tho), Teleport NPCs should stay where they are, still..... City fights suck in my eyes; ; sometimes it would good if troups come in but not all the time when the areas are taken ._."
 Hades.Epyx
By Hades.Epyx 2009-04-16 19:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

they should just add low lvl mobs to attacks that only low lvl players can get exp from (say like 55-65) anything below 55 you get 0 anything above 65 you get 0. This way all lower lvl players (hey when your 55-65 the only thing you can really hit is a wall anyways) can contribute to the overall campaign tally. They should definitely introduce some kind of lvl to exp system instead of nerfing it like they have. Personally once I am able to hit mobs consistently fortifications go out the window. I would much rather fight wave after wave of incoming mobs.

GIVE US BACK IN TOWN BATTLES! The patch that you removed them on said, "Were going to make npc's have a little more nerve so they don't run when battle starts." . Kinda funny they don't need any nerve, i haven't seen a town battle for months and months and months.

Anyways this nerf is freaking stupid. "Hey lets add the ability to tele to places like Crawlers nest etc but lets kill exp for hitting the wall." Whats the point? So they make it easier for everyone especially lower lvl chars to get to these places but take away any exp that would make them even want to go there in the first place. Good thinking SE. But would we expect any less? Maybe you should add more quests in game that get replaced with a moogle saying "Sorry the ??? is out of order folks" every other day. More Moblin maze stuff sure if you like that kind of thing. I would of rather seen some more mission types added to campaign battle or maybe even higher medals that would introduce the ability to get body pieces. We all thank you so much for providing us with final medal gear that lacks having a body piece. YAY.

Ya ya just ranting and raving away. but wtf not? I pay my bill like everyone else :p lol
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-04-19 11:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda poopy. It might seem kinda like botting xp since you can afk and do it, but hitting the fort was DOING something...now people aren't going to bother. I mean, really..why should you sit at your computer the entire time you're hitting a fort. And the afkers were "punished" sometimes when the mobs showed up. >.>
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-19 11:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Magistrella said:

and HELLO CITY FIGHTS!
=D

Epyx said:
they should just add low lvl mobs to attacks that only low lvl players can get exp from (say like 55-65) anything below 55 you get 0 anything above 65 you get 0. This way all lower lvl players (hey when your 55-65 the only thing you can really hit is a wall anyways) can contribute to the overall campaign tally. They should definitely introduce some kind of lvl to exp system instead of nerfing it like they have. Personally once I am able to hit mobs consistently fortifications go out the window. I would much rather fight wave after wave of incoming mobs.

GIVE US BACK IN TOWN BATTLES! The patch that you removed them on said, "Were going to make npc's have a little more nerve so they don't run when battle starts." . Kinda funny they don't need any nerve, i haven't seen a town battle for months and months and months.

Anyways this nerf is freaking stupid. "Hey lets add the ability to tele to places like Crawlers nest etc but lets kill exp for hitting the wall." Whats the point? So they make it easier for everyone especially lower lvl chars to get to these places but take away any exp that would make them even want to go there in the first place. Good thinking SE. But would we expect any less? Maybe you should add more quests in game that get replaced with a moogle saying "Sorry the ??? is out of order folks" every other day. More Moblin maze stuff sure if you like that kind of thing. I would of rather seen some more mission types added to campaign battle or maybe even higher medals that would introduce the ability to get body pieces. We all thank you so much for providing us with final medal gear that lacks having a body piece. YAY.

Ya ya just ranting and raving away. but wtf not? I pay my bill like everyone else :p lol

Sorry... I'd rather be able to do the CO/Beadeaux/La Vaule BCNM Ops than do town fights.

EDIT: This means NO MORE cuch. mantles, witch sashes, roundel earrings, etc.
First Page 2