users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Campaign Nerf?
Campaign Nerf?
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-19 11:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if the main goal was to prevent people from going afk during offensive campaign battles they could have done something different. How about have the "fortification" target despawn and respawn every couple minutes? Or have them physically move around the structure every so often? That would have disengaged the afk peeps, so at most they would have gotten a few swings in before they put their weapons away and stood there like dumbshits, while those of us that actually did the ***the right way could still actually participate in taking a fort and get rewarded for our efforts. It would have been a little annoying to have to switch targets, but a hell of a lot less annoying then getting 100 exp/hour IMO.

TBH, I completely understand the nerf's intentions, one shouldn't be able to sit there on auto-attack and rack up experience (sorry if you were one of the people that did that ***, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us) but like I said earlier, this totally reeks of a "knee jerk" reaction and not something that was actually thought through by S-E.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-19 11:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You know SE...
Just like RMT.
"A few reports of RMT farming blood in Zi'T? Oh ok, brb nuking all blood prices to NPCs."

They can't handle issues in a thoughtful manner - they just destory it all in general, not taking legit players into consideration.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-04-19 12:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's true, they're more concerned with focusing their nerfs around RMT, than the real players. And make harsh decisions because of RMT, without taking regular players into account. Just like "Auto Sort" is something they could have done years ago, and even admitting, they could have, but didn't want to, because of RMT's.