INT Affect Gravity?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » INT affect Gravity?
INT affect Gravity?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mekaider said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
was int/mnd ever definitively proven to affect enfeebling macc? i know it's been speculate on but i don't know that any results were ever shown

Yes it does, on bind as well.
You have a link to testing on this?

Nope, not atm. I will give it a look but I remember reading it a while back. (The testing that is, not just someone randomly saying it.)

It's not a link to testing so not what you were after but after 6+ years of red mage, i can say with certainty INT affects binds accuracy and duration. I also speculate it decreases the chance of bind wearing after a nuke, but the latter is pure speculation after seeing much less bind breaks after 75cap was broken.

Bind breakage is based off level difference primarily. A higher level player nuking a lower level mob will have a high chance of not breaking. Which is probably why you saw a decrease in bind breakage after 75 was broken
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

was int/mnd ever definitively proven to affect enfeebling macc? i know it's been speculate on but i don't know that any results were ever shown

Nope, not atm. I will give it a look but I remember reading it a while back. (The testing that is, not just someone randomly saying it.)

It's not a link to testing so not what you were after but after 6+ years of red mage, i can say with certainty INT affects binds accuracy and duration. I also speculate it decreases the chance of bind wearing after a nuke, but the latter is pure speculation after seeing much less bind breaks after 75cap was broken.

Bind breakage is based off level difference primarily. A higher level player nuking a lower level mob will have a high chance of not breaking. Which is probably why you saw a decrease in bind breakage after 75 was broken

pulled out of your *** much?
[+]
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-22 22:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[-]
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-22 22:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[-]

In seriousness, level difference could mean absolutely anything. It could also be validating my theory about INT, as the lower level the mob is, the greater you INT is against it's own.

Edit: Also, you said that with certainty, any evidence/url's to tests?
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »

nope, read about it on bg or something years ago.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol oh
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-22 22:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
next time you brew and have some time leftover, cast bind. with that much int and macc you'll see right away if it does increase duration

That's a fair comment, but if INT does indeed affect bind will it not cap eventually? Also, is there a predetermined non-resisted time limit on bind? Or otherwise you don't really have anything to compare to, i don't think, unless i'm missing something...
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you'd have to cast bind 10000 times and record undamaged duration

and then start recording damage taken to break bind+duration remaining to find out anything

sounds horrible :D
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 22:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

next time you brew and have some time leftover, cast bind. with that much int and macc you'll see right away if it does increase duration

That's a fair comment, but if INT does indeed affect bind will it not cap eventually? Also, is there a predetermined non-resisted time limit on bind? Or otherwise you don't really have anything to compare to, i don't think, unless i'm missing something...

It's likely to cap eventually, but the cap should *hopefully* be somewhat noticeably above what gear and whatnot can currently reach. Otherwise fml, etc.

It has a variable duration much like Paralyze, so I'm not entirely sure how you'd compare that tbh. :(
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 22:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you'd have to cast bind 10000 times and record undamaged duration

and then start recording damage taken to break bind+duration remaining to find out anything

sounds horrible :D

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. Enjoy your eye bleach. :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-22 22:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It could cap at a low enough point where you wouldn't notice huge difference.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-22 22:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

It's likely to cap eventually, but the cap should *hopefully* be somewhat noticeably above what gear and whatnot can currently reach. Otherwise fml, etc.

It has a variable duration much like Paralyze, so I'm not entirely sure how you'd compare that tbh. :(

That's what i meant by the "non resisted time limit" as i thought it was variable. However in all honestly i've never really stood and let my bind casts take full effect so i wasn't entirely sure ^^
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-22 22:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It could cap at a low enough point where you wouldn't notice huge difference.

That and it might not stick for a "set" length of time as Niniann just put.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In seriousness, level difference could mean absolutely anything. It could also be validating my theory about INT, as the lower level the mob is, the greater you INT is against it's own.

Fair enough, I read that like 3 years ago so I don't have the original post. Could be that their assumption was flawed.

However, iirc it was based on the idea that casting -any- amount dd on certain monsters would break bind instantly and consistently, and this failed to fluctuate on any amount of int that was feasibly available at the time. I think the author assumed that there might be tiers (which is not unheard of in casting), and since there were no discernible tiers, it was unlikely that int played a significant role in potency.

I'd be guessing at this point, but there may have been a tier flip readily based on em mobs or below that wasn't easily accounted for by int differences.

EDIT:

gave me a chuckle based on the quality of citations given other claims in this thread. best i saw was a wiki post that a couple of sections later said it was unaware which stat actually affected grav

EDIT2: while i can for sure say this wasn't my original idea, i can't reliably say the post i read it from wasn't entirely mistaken
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-22 22:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I always went off of the the spells symbol in the menu...
I used mind on enfeebles with an Ankh in the symbol and int for the enfeebles with an eye in the symbol, someone told me that years ago though.

I was also curious as to how Int affected spells modded by mnd too, so thanks for clearing that up.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-22 22:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I always went off of the the spells symbol in the menu...
I used mind on enfeebles with an Ankh in the symbol and int for the enfeebles with an eye in the symbol, someone told me that years ago though.

I was also curious as to how Int affected spells modded by mnd too, so thanks for clearing that up.

Unique way to go about it ^^ You can also tell by the animation of the cast. Eg. Silence has a similar cast to cure whereas Blind has a similar cast to warp. These are the light and dark magic animations.

MND affects the Ice Based Paralyze and Earth Based Slow, which by extension are both governed by light.

INT affects blind/II which is straight up dark based. (Ha, i was tempted to put bind but yeah..)

Edit: Yeah i just checked the Ankh and eyes. Your way is 100% correct for all spells currently available to a rdm/blm.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 22:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You just blew my mind, I never saw those. >____>;

I was always under the impression MND was used for White Magic enfeebles, and INT was used for Black Magic enfeebles too.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
I

You just blew my mind, I never saw those. >____>;

I was always under the impression MND was used for White Magic enfeebles, and INT was used for Black Magic enfeebles too.

really >.>
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a symbol along those lines, ankh goes with white magic spells, eye goes with black magic spells.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 22:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

really >.>

Yes :(
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-22 22:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

haha.. I got something right for a change xD
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played in three years, I'm just assuming you are :p
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

where is you guys' prima guide to ffxi lol

I wore eremites+1 rings for every enfeeble for about 30 minutes before someone told me to go off those symbols when I started playing lol
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"the swirly thing" and the "ball"
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

brady games orignal guide claimed rdm was an offtank. going by the guides wasn't the safest idea
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm was an offtank lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-22 22:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-22 22:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm was an offtank lol
not in a dunes party, and not until years later.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-22 22:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm was an offtank lol
not in a dunes party, and not until years later.
rdm/war with a shield sounds pretty legit to me

also clearly brady and his games could see the future so suck it