Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » [Thief] Some Information on Bully
[Thief] Some Information on Bully
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-09-06 12:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Allowing a small window for oldschool fuidama would actually be a good update even if it was just for the thf who used Bully.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-06 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate said:
Morning! Sorry to make you all wait at the edges of your seats for what has been posted about Bully. Hope you all had a good labor day weekend.

Last week we added an effect to Bully that would make it easier to increase the effect of Treasure Hunter.

Based on feedback we received about this, we decided to go a different route and add an effect we felt would make you all a bit happier.

The changes to the effects are described below:

•Bully (THF lvl.93 Recast time: 3 minutes Effect Duration: 30 seconds)
Intimidates target
While under its effect: Possible to use Sneak Attack when not behind an enemy.

So yah, Its confirmed :3
Server: Odin
By Odin.Blackthanos 2011-09-06 13:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that my friends has some sweet potential. I do a LOT of soloing on my thf and this will be a huge time saver when farming and it helps thf's tanking ability.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-06 14:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, forgot I started this topic lol. Adding it to the OP
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-09-06 16:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

AWWW YEAHHHH BOI!

1st useful ability since collaborator!

This is hawtness.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-06 16:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So, same as Hide. Increases the chances to use SA when solo then. Okay.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-09-06 16:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
So, same as Hide. Increases the chances to use SA when solo then. Okay.

How is this anywhere close to hide O.o? By definition of the words it's the exact opposite O.o

I'm not really sure about it being Sneack attack though I would assuming if your bullying someone it won't really be sneaky but it sure will be tricky.

edit* more so just by definitions, the actual use of it I would much rather have SA
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-06 17:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same for the functionality related to SA: both allow you to use SA from every side.
 Cerberus.Kadia
Server: Cerberus
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-09-06 17:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
It's the same for the functionality related to SA: both allow you to use SA from every side.
but only if the monster follows by sight. otherwise the monster will "spot" you. this message is shown whenever you try to hide from a monster that follows by scent.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-09-06 18:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It also means you can use SA somethings face WHILE you are tanking it.

*No enmity loss SA to the face (good for low man/tanking etc)
*Works on ANY mob (most mobs track by scent or sound anyway making hide a novelty anyway)

We can FINALLY SATA the actual damn tank. None of this:
Thf: Places everyone! Places! 2 tanks minimum, 1 behind, 1 in front please!
Tanks: /groan. Premadonna thf.../grumble
/wait 25

Thf: OK! Thats looking good guys! Now dont swap hate for a minute whiel i prepare to WOW you with my hate swapping magic!

SA
/wait 1
TA
/wait 1
AC
/wait 1
RUDRAZ!!!!

Mob: WTF!?! Who stabbed me in the ***!?

/flail
/wipe

We can actually set hate on the ACTUAL tank.....The one in the front...

We can finally SATA hate on tanks better than every DD/thf like we have been asking for since....oh.....SATA spinning slash was all the rage.

Not to mention our solo/lowman situation just got a lot better by allowing SA while actually fighting.
I call this epic win for the 1st time in recent memory for thf. And the kicker, its NOT a 5+min timer!! And it doesnt wear off after 1 hit (SATA) so we have an actual WINDOW to do what we want to with it.
Starcraft.1.Stim.Packed.Marine said:
"Aww yeah! Thats the stuff!"
 Fenrir.Rekial
Server: Fenrir
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2011-09-07 18:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow they actually made it into something decent. o.o
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-09-07 19:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Primed.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2011-09-07 19:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh Im sorta liking Bully!
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-09-07 19:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh a three minute timer spoils this a lot for me.

Asura.Toxleh said: »
SA from any direction is just lazy, do work thfs

Artemicion said: »
But it just doesn't seem conducive to the playstyle or damaging aspect that thief thrives in, which is indirect, deceptive, stealth like attacks.

I think of Thief as a fragile speedster damage dealer in terms of metagame. We aren't just pick-pockets like "Thief" evokes; we're closer to Rogue and Assassin types. We specialize in devastating attacks while the target is unaware, but can still fend for ourselves if we don't land a 1-hit kill.

While I've always liked the positioning aspect of THF, the problem is that melees that don't stand in the same position and turn the mob constantly. It's problematic that we can't unleash our full potential due to the retardation of other herp derp engage'n'ws melee.

Moving forward, while in a party setting I think positioning shouldn't be as important as the monster's attention. A good Assassin exploits distractions, whether he is behind or in front of his target. What better distraction is there than a raging Warrior swinging a battle hammer at the target's head?

In that respect, the Bully was pretty useless until the Sneak Attack add-on, but it's a step in the right direction now. Although a lot of it is spoiled by the recast/duration being too short, it's an improvement.

Moving forward I'd like to see more emphasis damage through abilities and traits that work while we don't have hate rather than just based off what position we are in.

Also I'd rather have ways for us to dump our accumulated enmity onto a tank rather than increase our enmity (and get the mob's attention) by taking mage enmity. The hate cap is far too low for a one minute Trick Attack WS bomb to be effective these days. That's also why Tanks generally can't keep hate very well now because they can't generate enough enmity comparative to damage dealers with just Flash/Cures/Stun/Voke

Stances seem to be SE's kick right now, so let's kill two birds with one stone. How about a stance that makes it such that *all* actions we perform behind a party member have enmity transferred to that party member? If we're worried about making tanking too easy, we can modify the hate flow such that while in this stance all actions accrue reduced enmity.

We could have an opposite stance that works like Innin to increase our damage potential once the mob is focused elsewhere.

And also, what Assassin fights fair? Dirty fighting techniques to cripple an enemy in the vein of Feint would be useful as well. Something like "Gouge" for a blind effect, or "Break Joint" for attack down...
[+]