2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » Dzemael Darkhold - Batraal 1.18
Dzemael Darkhold - Batraal 1.18
First Page 2 3
By Calemero 2011-07-24 17:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Been getting a lot of PMs across multiple forums about this fight so we decided to leave Ventrilo on to help out with some strategy. Nothing new in terms of "zomg we killed this" but it should give a better insight to the fight as a whole so more linkshells can get some Claret/Lone Knight/Canopus gear. :D

also inb4 lol nergasms @ 5:15
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-07-25 10:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We got it to 50% the other night. Had a tank pull it down to the bottom of the room with a dedicated healer. Had Archers take care of skeleton pops. At 50% he goes into phase 2 and summons forth some mages, and we wiped. We only had 10 minutes to start the fight, but after watching some videos of ppl that have won, they started with 15 minutes.

Some questions I have are:

1. It seems that at the very start of the fight, the large node that is directly behind him, is the key to remove his invulnerability initally. What role does the larger nodes play in this fight?

2. There are smaller nodes that spawn skellys. Would it be a good strategy to NOT kill all the skellys from one of those nodes, to prevent additional adds?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Chronce 2011-07-25 10:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some tips from our fights, we got him to 10% so far.

Main light (3 person) keeps him vulnerable, however you do not need to keep depoping the main light instantly, takes a couple minutes to become invulnerable again.

First wave of skele's is 3, kill them off, the second set pops only 2 skeles, with ghosts. (Seems to be at a set percent, not on a timer, so no need to zerg the NM down until you're prepared for the skele repop, we had 7mins left at 10%)

3rd set of skeles will pop 3.

West light stops the eyes movement (single person light)

Will post full video of kill tonight.

Hope these brief tips help
By Inah 2011-07-25 10:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

its possible to get into the batraal chamber with more than 30mins left if everything done correctly.(things before ogre skipable)

make sure to pop up sentinel if getting ranged attack hit by the mob,dmg around 1300 per shot(on full HQ geared GLA)with insane shooting speed. chance of getting killed almost instantly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-07-25 11:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

how did you handle the ghost pops that seemed to happen when he got to 50% health?
By Inah 2011-07-25 11:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
how did you handle the ghost pops that seemed to happen when he got to 50% health?

ghost as the 4 flyin bogies? just deal with them exactly same way how u dealt with ogre's 8 ones, moving out to a safe spot at far south everytime when they warped next to u.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-07-25 13:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Inah said:
ghost as the 4 flyin bogies? just deal with them exactly same way how u dealt with ogre's 8 ones, moving out to a safe spot at far south everytime when they warped next to u.

Well our tank has been pulling the NM all the way down south at the beginning of the fight, and that is where the purgatory mages pop. Are we supposed to leave Batraal up north until, the mages pop, and then pull down south?
By Calemero 2011-07-25 13:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well our tank has been pulling the NM all the way down south at the beginning of the fight, and that is where the purgatory mages pop. Are we supposed to leave Batraal up north until, the mages pop, and then pull down south?

The Purgatory Mages spawn around Batraal. Keep him in the south area and just move him from the west ramp to the east ramp, while keeping healers and DPS below. Ez Pz
By Inah 2011-07-25 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

batraal easier than ogre tbh with a bigger opening area to move around and also u dont have to tank it against wall. try to keep the thing in close range to the tank to avoid getting hit from its ranged attack winning is just a matter of time.so just make sure time saved enough(15mins more than enough) for him.
By Calemero 2011-07-25 14:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Inah said:
batraal easier than ogre tbh with a bigger opening area to move around and also u dont have to tank it against wall. try to keep the thing in close range to the tank to avoid getting hit from its ranged attack winning is just a matter of time.so just make sure time saved enough(15mins more than enough) for him.

100% agree he is much easier.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-07-25 17:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said:
Inah said:
100% agree he is much easier.

come on guys give yourselfs a little more credit than that.
By Chronce 2011-07-25 22:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

peace'o'pie
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-07-27 11:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Chronce said:
peace'o'pie

now the question becomes, where is this hidden gear YoshiP.
By Calemero 2011-07-27 15:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Chronce said:
peace'o'pie

hidden gear is in the 3 blue chests that spawn with the gold after you beat all the conditions in the dungeon to spawn them. (which are also piece o' pie)
By AquaRegia 2011-07-27 15:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anything in the room to the left of the skele/seal room before Batraal? Seems a mighty big arse room for just a bunch mobs.
By slipispsycho 2011-07-27 16:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AquaRegia said:
Is there anything in the room to the left of the skele/seal room before Batraal? Seems a mighty big arse room for just a bunch mobs.
I'm not sure of map lay out yet, but that room that opens up after you open those three light seals just after Ogre has a chest in it, the other room you can get into after ogre doesn't seem to have anything in it.. The one just after ogre will only pop a chest after defeating all mobs.. The other doesn't seem to follow suite.. We wiped out all mobs and searched, but no chest to be found.

Also if you plan to take Canopus Bill, just save your limsa points and don't buy the R50 axe with the seals.. Canopus seems to be better, performance wise..
By AquaRegia 2011-07-27 16:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe thanks

I took the Cudgel even though THM is useless now, just because all other THM weapon so low level.

Can't decide between sword / shield for ULD...
By EstharFalcus 2011-07-27 16:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

AquaRegia said:
Hehe thanks

I took the Cudgel even though THM is useless now, just because all other THM weapon so low level.

Can't decide between sword / shield for ULD...
TAKE THE SWORD!
well it's an easy choice for me at least :P
By Murdax194 2011-07-28 01:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said:
Chronce said:
peace'o'pie

hidden gear is in the 3 blue chests that spawn with the gold after you beat all the conditions in the dungeon to spawn them. (which are also piece o' pie)

wut are the conditions cuz we only got gold chest when we killed was quite dissapointing
By LadySaeko 2011-07-28 07:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

AquaRegia said:

I might be thinking of the wrong room, but the room to the left that u open with 3 little lights before going into the big skeleton room has a chest in it that you can pop by killing all 3 drakes. Don't need to touch the ghosts just kill the 3 drakes and chest will spawn. Hope that help anyone that doesn't know already ^^.
By Calemero 2011-07-28 09:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Murdax194 said:
Calemero said:
Chronce said:
peace'o'pie

wut are the conditions cuz we only got gold chest when we killed was quite dissapointing

pop all blue lights and grab all 6 chests on map 1~2 before batraal = x4 chests @ batraal kill.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-07-28 09:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like the intro.

Your videos make me want to give XIV a try ~
By UnknownKaze 2011-07-28 10:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The more I watch the video, the more I like the Flux Pavilion tune.
By Calemero 2011-07-28 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
I really like the intro.

Your videos make me want to give XIV a try ~
<3
By ShinkaiNifl 2011-07-29 02:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

need help, we always go down at the 3rd Purgatory Knight wave and Batraal started to use some long range skill that deals alot of dmg to my tank.
By shinmetsu 2011-07-29 02:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My advice would be, Fight Skelles with 3 different teams, 1 on 1.

Teams like 1 Archer and 1 Mage, in seperate spots, so you don't get AoE spammed and die.
If one of your players, or even more are good enough to solo the Skelletons, then you can keep some more mages on Tank.

What would also be good is to get the little circle in the North-East, it derages Batraal out of Lazer mode.

Once Skelles are dead it should be pretty hard to still lose...
Just keep spaming Cures and Attacks, shouldn't be a problem considering Batraals weak defense.
By LadySaeko 2011-07-29 03:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone care to share how to pop all chests?

*Killed all enemy inside 1st room
*Poped all lights
*Poped 6 chests total before boss
*No clue yet

Is there a 4th blue chest? It really looks like there should be XP
By shinmetsu 2011-07-29 04:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

- Clear room at very first Light
- Kill the 3 Drake, in the West room past Ogre
- Clear Cpts Room

That's my list for the 3 blue chests....

4th Blue chest.. no clue yet.
Well, got some ideas, but didn't test yet.
By LadySaeko 2011-07-29 05:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

shinmetsu said:
- Clear room at very first Light - Kill the 3 Drake, in the West room past Ogre - Clear Cpts Room That's my list for the 3 blue chests.... 4th Blue chest.. no clue yet. Well, got some ideas, but didn't test yet.

Thanks ^^ we didn't clear captains room on that run. Will start from there next time. Killing all skeletons &/or all soldiers was an idea tossed around, but we haven't got to it yet.
First Page 2 3