Oh, You Have Red Mage?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Oh, you have Red Mage?
Oh, you have Red Mage?
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-17 23:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:
I forgot that we're all talking about ABYSSEA here.

Usefulness factor in about 15% of the actual game, LETZFIGHT'BOUTITKAI?!

Also, WE'RE NOT AT THE 99 CAP YET. So saying that certain jobs are obsolete in Abyssea or in certain situations is ridiculous. Just like "Relics aren't up to par with Emps", they're not in their final stage, they'll have their own use, they'll have their own superior traits.
If all you can say is "this job is so much better than this job IN ABYSSEA", then you need to stfu because you obviously are ignoring what's to come, and what has been here.

Umm... you were the one talking about using RDM in ABYSSEA because it's better than BLM in ABYSSEA....

What point are you trying to make exactly? We're talking about the NOW not the future. I even stated RDM might have a place if they create Salvage-like content, or if there are hard HNMs. Get the *** out with your pointless arguments.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-07-17 23:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
What Night said. And they're really only useful for probably Voidwatch(haven't specifically done it), and Salvage Arrapago for nuking QQs and keeping up a haste/phal2 cycle.
wait wait wait, Phalanx 2? When did that start being better?
Never done Salvage?

You're naked when you enter. WHM loses all its refresh gear and more importantly AF3+2 legs. Phalanx II with decent enhancing skill is enough to negate nearly all damage taken if you dispel enemy spikes, Regen II covers the rest. WHM *can* manage it but not as easily and the upper floors are easy enough that your choice of healer is irrelevant by then.
I've had a little experience with Salvage. Let's say I had other things to focus on back then. But I see what you're saying. My counter-point would have been having /SCH and accession-phalanx, then I remembered subjobs are locked too.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 23:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
I got threatened by some Japanese players yesterday when I kept spamming /jobemote whm on a dead person :(

back a couple years ago this jp dude checked me, and i figured he was jp so i spammed him like five times back without even saying a word and then he sent me tells saying he GM'd me and whatnot

good times
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-17 23:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
What Night said. And they're really only useful for probably Voidwatch(haven't specifically done it), and Salvage Arrapago for nuking QQs and keeping up a haste/phal2 cycle.
Never done Salvage?

You're naked when you enter. WHM loses all its refresh gear and more importantly AF3+2 legs. Phalanx II with decent enhancing skill is enough to negate nearly all damage taken if you dispel enemy spikes, Regen II covers the rest. WHM *can* manage it but not as easily and the upper floors are easy enough that your choice of healer is irrelevant by then.
I've had a little experience with Salvage. Let's say I had other things to focus on back then. But I see what you're saying. My counter-point would have been having /SCH and accession-phalanx, then I remembered subjobs are locked too.
Yeah :x I didn't do it too much back at 75 either. It's not too bad now, especially since droprates don't suck anymore. Should go get an Ares Cuirass for Torcleaver!
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-17 23:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of my pleasure in XI comes from annoying other people these days

Does that make me a bad person?
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-07-17 23:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Never done Salvage?

Yeah :x I didn't do it too much back at 75 either. It's not too bad now, especially since droprates don't suck anymore. Should go get an Ares Cuirass for Torcleaver!
I'd like to, then I'm constantly torn between that and Twilight Mail, lol.

edit: perhaps I should get both!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 23:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

nope

it makes them a bad person for being sincerely irritated over the internet of all things
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-17 23:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
I got threatened by some Japanese players yesterday when I kept spamming /jobemote whm on a dead person :(

back a couple years ago this jp dude checked me, and i figured he was jp so i spammed him like five times back without even saying a word and then he sent me tells saying he GM'd me and whatnot

good times
I /checked our local hyper-xenophobic JP once... I dunno, two months ago? He spam checked me yesterday, first time I'd seen him since then. I'd almost forgotten the event but apparently /check is like insulting one's ancestors or something.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-07-17 23:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-07-17 23:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:

Also, WE'RE NOT AT THE 99 CAP YET. So saying that certain jobs are obsolete in Abyssea or in certain situations is ridiculous. Just like "Relics aren't up to par with Emps", they're not in their final stage, they'll have their own use, they'll have their own superior traits.
If all you can say is "this job is so much better than this job IN ABYSSEA", then you need to stfu because you obviously are ignoring what's to come, and what has been here.

15% of the game content maybe, not 15% of people's time.

Secondly, I've never said anything is obsolete. Thirdly, Relics stack up to Emps just fine. Lastly, you're right, we aren't at the 99 cap yet, but this doesn't help the RDM cause. People are GUESSING and WISHING that rdm gets cure 5, people KNOW BLM is getting Thunder V, Thundaja, Blizzaja, Meteor, and Death. so BLM WILL get stronger (fact), what will rdm do?
 Ragnarok.Judaine
Server: Ragnarok
user: Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-17 23:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm just trying to be oldschool here and being adamant about RDM>BLM.

Proc-wise, I'm sure BLM/WHM would be better than having a RDM, since proc'ing is your goal. But what the blm's of this thread are making it sound like is that BLM > RDM in ALL situations in abyssea.

Let's all just sit sing Kumbaya :<

Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 23:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

good times
I /checked our local hyper-xenophobic JP once... I dunno, two months ago? He spam checked me yesterday, first time I'd seen him since then. I'd almost forgotten the event but apparently /check is like insulting one's ancestors or something.

sounds like my kind of jp

ftfy

funny thing is that a friend of mine commonly uses that video as a response in yes or no type scenarios, amusing how i kinda forgot about it there
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-17 23:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said:
Ragnarok.Judaine said:

15% of the game content maybe, not 15% of people's time.

Secondly, I've never said anything is obsolete. Thirdly, Relics stack up to Emps just fine. Lastly, you're right, we aren't at the 99 cap yet, but this doesn't help the RDM cause. People are GUESSING and WISHING that rdm gets cure 5, people KNOW BLM is getting Thunder V, Thundaja, Blizzaja, Meteor, and Death. so BLM WILL get stronger (fact), what will rdm do?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11485
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-07-18 00:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

you could have just said nothing
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-18 00:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:
Proc-wise, I'm sure BLM/WHM would be better than having a RDM, since proc'ing is your goal. But what the blm's of this thread are making it sound like is that BLM > RDM in ALL situations in abyssea.

Problem with Abyssea is most of the time you're there you're trying to proc, hence why BLM > RDM. Otherwise if you're not trying to proc WHM > RDM. RDM doesn't really have a place in Abyssea anymore.
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-18 00:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said:
you could have just said nothing

Ditto
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-18 00:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ragnarok.Judaine said:

Problem with Abyssea is most of the time you're there you're trying to proc, hence why BLM > RDM. Otherwise if you're not trying to proc WHM > RDM. RDM doesn't really have a place in Abyssea anymore.

But my point was having the versatility. BLM will always have the strongest nukes, WHM will always have the best cures, RDM will always be a mix of the two with the best enfeebs.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-18 00:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:

I'm not seeing the relevance. We know what BLM is getting because they already mined the spell .dats. Though the only BLM ones I remember off the top of my head are Stun II, Death and Meteor, the other ones I'm assuming are just based on logic from the spells we currently have.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-07-18 00:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ragnarok.Judaine said:

I'm not seeing the relevance. We know what BLM is getting because they already mined the spell .dats. Though the only BLM ones I remember off the top of my head are Stun II, Death and Meteor, the other ones I'm assuming are just based on logic from the spells we currently have.

i think they are trying to point out what rdm is getting, which isn't going to make rdm anymore relevant inside abyssea.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-18 00:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:
But my point was having the versatility. BLM will always have the strongest nukes, WHM will always have the best cures, RDM will always be a mix of the two with the best enfeebs.

This game revolves around who's best in what niche, not who's good at everything, sadly. RDM's niche is enfeebling, Refresh II, and MP management, and that's just how it is. Unfortunately none of those things are important in the current era (besides maybe Voidwatch, etc).
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-18 00:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ragnarok.Judaine said:

i think they are trying to point out what rdm is getting, which isn't going to make rdm anymore relevant inside abyssea.

Yes because you know exactly what the new enfeeb spells are, right
Also having 0 recast timer for the next spell you cast has no place either.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 00:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when is blm getting Death? I know about Meteor and such, but Death? Nice... oh btw, f yo blm, f yo rdm, f yo whm... its all about SCH BABY!!! lol... seriously ITT: a funny song paraody about rdm turns ugly... fast :p Where is the love folks?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-07-18 00:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:

As much as apoc procs, that recast timer ability will be much more useful outside of abyssea.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-18 00:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:
Yes because you know exactly what the new enfeeb spells are, right Also having 0 recast timer for the next spell you cast has no place either.

Having new enfeebles aren't going to make RDM more useful inside of Abyssea. The way it is now works fine, so having one extra enfeeble won't do anything besides make life easier, it's not necessary. :/
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-18 00:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said:
Ragnarok.Judaine said:

As much as apoc procs, that recast timer ability will be much more useful outside of abyssea.

Yes, all 10% of the time that it procs.
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-18 00:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Since when is blm getting Death? I know about Meteor and such, but Death? Nice... oh btw, f yo blm, f yo rdm, f yo whm... its all about SCH BABY!!! lol... seriously ITT: a funny song paraody about rdm turns ugly... fast :p Where is the love folks?

I said something I guess. I really apologize for the flaming but, I tend to get really defensive about my jobs.

I really do hate playing RDM lol, but being on it so much I really don't want to see it being obsolete.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-07-18 00:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Judaine said:

Yes, all 10% of the time that it procs.

Unless its a 1 min ability, (which it wont be), apoc will proc more times than that ability will get used during a fight.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 00:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

btw this thread got "demained" already lol damn you all! lol
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-18 00:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Yeah, Uzu/Night thought it got nuked. lulz
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-18 00:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Yeah, Uzu/Night thought it got nuked. lulz

I thought it went to the flame core lol

Edit: Waaaah just noticed there's no more flame core section.
Guess the new rules completely nuked that.