Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-04 15:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dannyl said:
Yea Amnesia... so now all the DD's in the world will also shout and demand this along with Haste =0
If they have to ask for a haste, you're doing it wrong :<

If you say i need to haste you instead of a necessary heal....stfu stop whining and let whms do there job.

I will say this, myself as a main whm, there are so many many many bad whms out there....a lot, which is why sometimes I would rather go whm instead of DD unless I know who my whm is.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 15:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said:
Not many mobs charm and most of the time can just sleep the person..I rather see a cure for Amnesia also!

I personally think charmna would be more beneficial, amnesia usually doesn't last long, and in a low-man situation charm can completely screw you.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-04 15:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Corphish said:
Where's Brave and Faith!?

Going to RDM most likely.

brave and faith are going to sch under the effect of tabula rasa only.
source
By Pooman 2011-08-04 16:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Charmna can be nice for people duoboxing and the tank gets charmed. I welcome this update.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 16:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Lakshmi.Cesil said:
Not many mobs charm and most of the time can just sleep the person..I rather see a cure for Amnesia also!

I personally think charmna would be more beneficial, amnesia usually doesn't last long, and in a low-man situation charm can completely screw you.

If your WHM is not charmed (shouldn't be) in the group it's so easy to throw on some movement+ gear, Dia the mob and kite the NM without worrying about being killed.

Just seems like amnesina would be cooler since it's more of a hassle and today there is no "work around" for it today rather than wait.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-08-04 16:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

dispel should get rid of charm >.>
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 16:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

haha nice never thought about that
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 16:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Lakshmi.Cesil said:

If your WHM is not charmed (shouldn't be) in the group it's so easy to throw on some movement+ gear, Dia the mob and kite the NM without worrying about being killed.

Just seems like amnesina would be cooler since it's more of a hassle and today there is no "work around" for it today rather than wait.

Compared to amnesia where you can just continue hitting the mob? lol

You're waiting longer(usually) and the situation is alot more dangerous when charmed compared to amnesia.
By Pooman 2011-08-04 16:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Lakshmi.Cesil said:

Or you could uncharm the tank and continue killing it. Saves a lot of time.
Amnesia would be nice if the mob that used it wasn't surrounded by an amnesia aura.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 16:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Lakshmi.Cesil said:

Amnesia would be nice if the mob that used it wasn't surrounded by an amnesia aura.

If you uncharm the tank you still need to run away from the other DDs if you have hate (usually a BLM if you got one will have it)

We also don't know how well charmna will work could be like doom
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 16:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Lakshmi.Cesil said:

Compared to amnesia where you can just continue hitting the mob? lol

You're waiting longer(usually) and the situation is alot more dangerous when charmed compared to amnesia.

9 times out of 10 we are holding a mob so we can get a trigger, which you can't do with amnesia that's why I see it as more of a pain and ultimately a bigger time sink. DDs hitting a mob don't really do anything but feed TP. The real damage is coming from their WS and aftermath. The problem isn't time to kill the mob, it's time wasted not being able to proc.

Also I agree it's more dangerous, but I think the ultimate danger in that situation is losing claim of your NM.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 16:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk you, but I'm assuming you know what you're doing... but most peopel don't lol You suaully don't see mages smart enough(or have to gear) to equip movement speed gear and dash away. You usually see "Oh crap charm" then they die.

I just think overall charmna would work out better; and regardless if you're proc'ing or not, charm is still going to screw with you as much as amnesia.
By Pooman 2011-08-04 16:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How about a spell that dispels auras? That would be nice as hell...
[+]
By Pooman 2011-08-04 16:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Pooman said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Lakshmi.Cesil said:

If you uncharm the tank you still need to run away from the other DDs if you have hate (usually a BLM if you got one will have it)

We also don't know how well charmna will work could be like doom

If the other DDs aren't stupid they shouldn't be getting charmed in the first place.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-08-04 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So lets say you got 4 DD on the NM and they all get charmed, who do you cast charmna on first? And how funny would it be to see the other DD rape their face before you can uncharm someone else.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 17:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:

If the other DDs aren't stupid they shouldn't be getting charmed in the first place.

wat?

How does your THF not get charmed? You saying it's stupid to have more than 1 DD on the NM ever? Maybe I'm missing something please elaborate.

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Idk you, but I'm assuming you know what you're doing... but most peopel don't lol You suaully don't see mages smart enough(or have to gear) to equip movement speed gear and dash away. You usually see "Oh crap charm" then they die.

yeah I can see what you mean as a whole big picture thing but eff those people lol I know I throw on my nikes, toss a dia on the NM and run my little taru *** off laughing at all my DDs who would want nothing more than to kill me. I have been caught before but it's usually not a problem ;P
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 17:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
So lets say you got 4 DD on the NM and they all get charmed, who do you cast charmna on first? And how funny would it be to see the other DD rape their face before you can uncharm someone else.
Uncharm the war and let them Fell Cleave the other 3.
[+]
By Pooman 2011-08-04 17:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:

Why do you have 4 DDs on a NM that everyone knows can charm?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-08-04 17:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Pooman said:

wat?

How does your THF not get charmed? You saying it's stupid to have more than 1 DD on the NM ever? Maybe I'm missing something please elaborate.
Seems pretty obvious, he`s found a job that can do every single proc so theres no need for anyone other than him to be anywhere near the NM....ever.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 17:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:

Seems pretty obvious, he`s found a job that can do every single proc so theres no need for anyone other than him to be anywhere near the NM....ever.

lol ;P

I can understand the "safe" way of playing with a WAR and NIN moving in and out for WS building TP from regain or on TP mobs while having a tank hold it but still you're always usually going to want a THF on the mob.

I dunno that's what we did back in the day to be safe but now we just dgaf and we just run through ***even on NMs that charm (CC comes to mind not that we need red/blue trigs from him)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-04 17:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

This... It has been in the game for years now. Its a way of low-manning Lamia 13 assault. You dispel the charms on the fomors.

Edit: This will simply be a way of removing charm while not removing random buffs with dispel...Useful in its own right, but not THAT awesome, sadly :(
By Pooman 2011-08-04 17:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Pooman said:

wat?

So you're all TPing on a mob you know can charm the hell out of you? OK.

Let's say we're talking about red. That's two jobs. Let's add a THF. That's three. You probably have a BLM with you, so even if they both get charmed, BLM sleeps all of them, WHM uncharms the tank, tank gets back hate > continue fighting NM. Or should we all just keep running around every time it does charm until it wears off?

For blue proc that isn't blunt time, you shouldn't have a crap load of DDs TPing on the mob if (edited >.>) everyone knows it can just charm them.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-04 17:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Pooman said:

wat?

Let's say we're talking about red. That's two jobs. Let's add a THF. That's three. You probably have a BLM with you, so even if they both get charmed, BLM sleeps all of them, WHM uncharms the tank, tank gets back hate > continue fighting NM. Or should we all just keep running around every time it does charm until it wears off?

For blue proc that isn't blunt time, you shouldn't have a crap load of DDs TPing on the mob so that everyone knows can just charm them.

can't sleep people who get charmed by CC because he puts a DoT on you also just an fyi, even though I knew this every single time I would still try to sleep people out of habit
By Pooman 2011-08-04 17:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Pooman said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Pooman said:

wat?

For blue proc that isn't blunt time, you shouldn't have a crap load of DDs TPing on the mob so that everyone knows can just charm them.

can't sleep people who get charmed by CC because he puts a DoT on you also just an fyi, even though I knew this every single time I would still try to sleep people out of habit

Yes, well, there will always be those situations where you just have the mages run like hell. I do understand where you're coming from, and hey, if you have the gear/emp weapons to destroy it why not? I'm still working on my emp, so perhaps my view will change when I finish it.
Also, I didn't disagree with you in the beginning. I've probably implied that I would rather have charmma than amnesina, but I hate amnesia way more than charm so a way to undo amnesia would be nice as hell.
 Siren.Pockettaru
Server: Siren
user: Jacob246
By Siren.Pockettaru 2011-08-04 17:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am pretty excited with the Charmna.. Because that is whats stoping me from duoing rani w/o brew. this is going to be hella nice I bet its based on ur healing magic skill like cursna tho ;Q
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-08-04 17:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

sleep charmed people? whats that?

we always nuke them to death/near death =D
[+]
 Sylph.Aegisbushido
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Aegisbushido 2011-08-04 17:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dannyl said:
Yea Amnesia... so now all the DD's in the world will also shout and demand this along with Haste =0
If they have to ask for a haste, you're doing it wrong :<

If you say i need to haste you instead of a necessary heal....stfu stop whining and let whms do there job.

I will say this, myself as a main whm, there are so many many many bad whms out there....a lot, which is why sometimes I would rather go whm instead of DD unless I know who my whm is.
^ <3
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-04 18:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
Stuff
If its CC its easier to just outrun his charm moves.
avoid 9/10 of them by just running whenever he readies a tp move since he always does two in a row and usually 2nd being charm.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-13 05:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to see higher-tier Regen spells work with Accession as WHM/SCH.

Would also like to see Protectra and Shellra VI.

Would like to see a timed JA that temporarily increases the potency of Bar-status spells.

Would like to see a new Club WS.

Would like to see Banish IV and Holy II added to the WHM's spell-list, too.
[+]
By Cathaldus 2011-08-13 05:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Would also like to see Protectra and Shellra VI.

Until they remove Protectra/Shellra V from merits, I don't think SE will add this.