Job Adjustments Manifesto : WHM
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-13 05:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure ProshellraV will be part of the merits revamp and they'll just become proshll potency.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2011-08-13 06:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am betting Charmna will be like cursna when removing doom.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-13 06:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That would suck lol.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-13 07:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just me or does the s in the title look weird?
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-08-13 07:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

some sort of "life link" would be nice for whm, u take the dmg whiles the tank takes 0 dmg, almost like manawall but it stops when u reach 1hp.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-13 09:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Charmna would completely defeat the purpose of battling NMs that have a primary characteristic of charming. There are so few mobs that actually have a threatening charm anymore that it would just be an unnecessary buff. IMO, it would further remove strategy from mobs that one required it in certain situations (e.g. duoing Cirein-croin with a tank + mage,) If it were introduced, it should have properties similar to Cursna versus Doom, where the removal isn't guaranteed.

Amnesia-na would be far more appropriate in a sense that Amnesia doesn't pose nearly the same amount of threat as charm(ga). Amnesia just ends up drawing out fights that're unnecessarily long due to either an amnesia aura or a move that inflicts it. Unless coupled with single target hate resets, all it does is make some fights longer. Also, Amnesia-na is technically in the game already, but who carries these around anymore?

edit: Revivscence would be awesome. It should be granted by an item though, like Impact/Twilight Cloak! :O
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-13 09:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ecphoria rings are so Caedarva imp camp!
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-08-13 09:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

also in the times that ive thrown baramnesia up on before we fight a mob thats known to do this it wears off faster unless ofc its an aura

justsayin
 Cerberus.Soluna
Server: Cerberus
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2011-08-13 10:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kittyhawk said:
Charmna would completely defeat the purpose of battling NMs that have a primary characteristic of charming. There are so few mobs that actually have a threatening charm anymore that it would just be an unnecessary buff. IMO, it would further remove strategy from mobs that one required it in certain situations (e.g. duoing Cirein-croin with a tank + mage,) If it were introduced, it should have properties similar to Cursna versus Doom, where the removal isn't guaranteed.

Amnesia-na would be far more appropriate in a sense that Amnesia doesn't pose nearly the same amount of threat as charm(ga). Amnesia just ends up drawing out fights that're unnecessarily long due to either an amnesia aura or a move that inflicts it. Unless coupled with single target hate resets, all it does is make some fights longer. Also, Amnesia-na is technically in the game already, but who carries these around anymore?

edit: Revivscence would be awesome. It should be granted by an item though, like Impact/Twilight Cloak! :O
I found no use for those rings since it takes just about as long as waiting for amnesia to wear off before you could do anything anyway. Other than the accuracy that is.
By Pooman 2011-08-13 13:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't really see charmna being like curnsa because doom is different from most things in the game in that it has a countdown to your death. I think charmna will be instant.

...and Amnesina is very welcomed.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-13 13:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:

...and Amnesina is very welcomed.
Agreed.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-13 15:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

S-E wouldn't even have to add "Amnesia-na" to the game.

They could just instead create a WHM JA that temporarily increases the potency of the Erase and/or Esuna spell. When this JA's effect is active, Erase (and/or Esuna) is able to remove Amnesia (or whatever else ... like Mute or Charm, maybe, although those wouldn't work for Esuna).

They could also do this without even adding a new JA. Just make Erase capable of removing Amnesia (or whetever else) only when Afflatus Misery is active.

Many WHM's I encounter don't even know what Afflatus Misery is used for; making this proposed adjustment could get their attention and we'd maybe see Misery used more frequently in-game.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-08-13 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
S-E wouldn't even have to add "Amnesia-na" to the game.

They could just instead create a WHM JA that temporarily increases the potency of the Erase and/or Esuna spell. When this JA's effect is active, Erase (and/or Esuna) is able to remove Amnesia (or whatever else ... like Mute or Charm, maybe, although those wouldn't work for Esuna).

They could also do this without even adding a new JA. Just make Erase capable of removing Amnesia (or whetever else) only when Afflatus Misery is active.

Many WHM's I encounter don't even know what Afflatus Misery is used for; making this proposed adjustment could get their attention and we'd maybe see Misery used more frequently in-game.

I like this idea, especially if it's something like... 2 min recast JA and erases multiple debuffs. It would suck if they were slowed and amnesiaed, and the super-charged erase takes away slow (I guess they would have to do a normal erase first, but recast timers on erase make the process less than ideal). I have this problem all the time on DNC with Healing Waltz.