Shinryu solo on THF
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-07-03 21:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told on another thread here that you can solo Shinryu with THF and proc Blue.

How do people do it? What atmas do you use? I am thinking of doing this because it is annoying finding players for it every time, cheers for any tips. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-07-03 21:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Throw on Apoc atma and go for slashing times.

dagger is piercing
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-03 21:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/RNG bring a xbow,bow,dagger, dollar and a dream and pray

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-03 21:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Throw on Apoc atma and go for slashing times. thf/sam works and ws twice for hints. if the hint is not dagger then slowly back up and let him kill you. he will reset and you get up unweaken and try again. remember you have 30 minutes to do this, no need to rush.

When you get a "dagger" hint start brewing and go through your ws etc

thief is an inefficient job to do this but it will work it just takes more skill with kiting walking shinryu. If you go too fast he will draw in often making it a lost 10k cruor run most likely

good luck
Technically, thf is the most efficient job for this because of TH. Even if it is more difficult, you will get more drops per brew on thf.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-07-03 22:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi's plan works, I did it a couple days ago to get the win for my mule. I used Gales, Ultimate and Apoc, easy like 3 shot with edge
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-07-03 22:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest acquiring all of the fanatics and make use of them. The rest has been explained.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-03 23:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Entrerie said:
Use atma of the beyond or ultimate if u have it, atma of the gales and atma or razed ruins is what i use with AE and can brew it down in like 3 shots. Go when the time is piercing proc 0700-1400 and pray its dagger.

Honestly... why did you comment? You gave a horrible choice of Atmas, and provided no new information. The default thing to do would be brew from the start, and that clearly wasn't what the OP was asking for.

For Atmas, use Smiting Blow, Gales, and Ultimate or Baying Moon/Beyond. Replace Beyond/Moon for Apoc if going to try to zombie it until Blue.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-07-03 23:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, we're not talking without brew are we?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 23:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Entrerie said:
Use atma of the beyond or ultimate if u have it, atma of the gales and atma or razed ruins is what i use with AE and can brew it down in like 3 shots. Go when the time is piercing proc 0700-1400 and pray its dagger.

Honestly... why did you comment? You gave a horrible choice of Atmas, and provided no new information. The default thing to do would be brew from the start, and that clearly wasn't what the OP was asking for.

For Atmas, use Smiting Blow, Gales, and Ultimate or Baying Moon/Beyond. Replace Beyond/Moon for Apoc if going to try to zombie it until Blue.
 Asura.Aphugel
user: aphugel
By Asura.Aphugel 2011-07-13 18:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasted 5 brews in row with this tactic. U got to be LUCKY to get blu proc. Chances are far less than 50%.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-08-31 23:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Throw on Apoc atma and go for slashing times. thf/sam works and ws twice for hints. if the hint is not dagger then slowly back up and let him kill you. he will reset and you get up unweaken and try again. remember you have 30 minutes to do this, no need to rush.

When you get a "dagger" hint start brewing and go through your ws etc

thief is an inefficient job to do this but it will work it just takes more skill with kiting walking shinryu. If you go too fast he will draw in often making it a lost 10k cruor run most likely

good luck

Sry to bump an old thread, but have been looking for info on solo brewing shin. If thief is inefficient as josiafk says here, what would be a better job and why? I am trying to make the most of my brew and want it to go well.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-08-31 23:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to grab a doom shield before you go into the fight. ^^
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-08-31 23:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
Don't forget to grab a doom shield before you go into the fight. ^^

Yeah, I read that she has a doom move, so I will do that. Still though I am wondering what would be the most efficient job for this. I want to get the blue trigger and not just beat him up, so josiahfk's tactic seems the way to go.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-08-31 23:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience, monk has been the best for blue staggers, during blunt time of course. But I can't really help much, as I've only done Shinryu once or twice, and both times doing Josiah's tactic. :/
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-08-31 23:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
In my experience, monk has been the best for blue staggers, during blunt time of course. But I can't really help much, as I've only done Shinryu once or twice, and both times doing Josiah's tactic. :/

MNK is out for me, but I feel like josiah was mainly saying that thf was inefficient for the part when you walk/kite shinryu away from his "spawn point" in order to die a safe distance away. I would much rather have a tougher time finding the blue proc then getting stuck on top of shin dead, cause then its over.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-09-01 01:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

when i want to solo. i just mnk/thf it... during blunt times

normally i would use fools or fan drink before i actually brew once i get a clue on blue pop brew and proc blue once blue is proc'ed change to staff and catalysm to death

edit: sometimes i'll just enter wait for 300tp run in ws in hopes of a message and brew of start. if i dont gget message i'll just wheel proc WS with brew on intill i hit then change to staff ectect.

with 14/15 blue procs u can do mnk/thf to me is the best brewing job for blue procs
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 06:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Unicorn.Divinian said: »
Sry to bump an old thread, but have been looking for info on solo brewing shin. If thief is inefficient as josiafk says here, what would be a better job and why? I am trying to make the most of my brew and want it to go well.
I said thief was inefficient because you have to slowly walk shinryu backwards a bit so you can reraise when/if you discover you dont hold procs plus thf doesn't hold many blue procs.

Whm/thf can use TH atma + TH sash if they have it for TH4 and still slowly cover all club/staff or die and reraise if needed. much faster, safer and better odds on procs than most jobs plus you can solo shinryu for 15+ minutes on a good whm cure bombing with solace, few jobs could

I used this method for my blue and red procs solo, didn't feel like shouting for a group but good luck, hate to see the brews and time wasted bleh

*slowga response lol

Thanks, man. I wish I had whm on my main..all I have is rdm ; ;. This still looks completely doable as thf, so I think I will give it a shot. I realy won't mind losing 10k cruor here and there if necessary, but I'd hate to waste a brew. Thanks again.
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-01 07:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM/THF is the best option, IMO. 66% of the available procs, and you can easily stay alive virtually forever. When there's a distinguishable difference between TH2 and TH6, I'll start caring about trying to make this work on THF.
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-09-01 07:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/RNG during piercing, then you have a couple markmenship/archery WS covered
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-01 07:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And you'll stay alive long enough to try two of them. I understand the idea behind doing this on THF, but I don't really see how you're able to cover even half of what's available to you when you fall to the floor so easily. Reraise, etc, yeah, I got you, but at that point you either have to time it perfectly as soon as you re-engage while weakened(when there are numerous things that could mess you up), or else its another wipe.

Save yourself a headache. Go WHM.
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 07:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
I said thief was inefficient because you have to slowly walk shinryu backwards a bit so you can reraise when/if you discover you dont hold procs plus thf doesn't hold many blue procs.

Whm/thf can use TH atma + TH sash if they have it for TH4 and still slowly cover all club/staff or die and reraise if needed. much faster, safer and better odds on procs than most jobs plus you can solo shinryu for 15+ minutes on a good whm cure bombing with solace, few jobs could

I used this method for my blue and red procs solo, didn't feel like shouting for a group but good luck, hate to see the brews and time wasted bleh

*slowga response lol

Thanks, man. I wish I had whm on my main..all I have is rdm ; ;.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-09-01 08:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

one prob is if u end up double weak even wiht a brew magic ws will do 0 dmg. I have done this easily on thf just got get lucky on trigger and need know when to hold your dd when it doing chain moves so not to heal it. I've done mnk to but had some issues killign though that was before had cata not sure if that make it easy now.
First Page 2