Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Shinryu solo on THF
Shinryu solo on THF
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-09-01 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so out of boredom I try this as THF. Run in, first ws staggers him. Pop brew. A.Edge > A.Edge > .....

I begin to DC....

I really have that kind of luck.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-09-01 08:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Did my first solo brew on Shinryu on thf with max TH including Atma of Dread.

Got lucky with blue proc being Shadowstich...because I don't have Evisceration.

Drops were:
Mail
Torque
Knife
Cape
Belt

Let's just say I'm not going back there anytime soon. ^_^!
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-09-01 09:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I go on WHM during blunt and pray its not H2H <_<

Cata and Flash Nova are pretty rape. Also so is Black Halo > Hexa > Light > MB Holy :3
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-09-01 09:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Recaldy said: »
Did my first solo brew on Shinryu on thf with max TH including Atma of Dread.

Drops were:
Mail
Torque
Knife
Cape
Belt

Let's just say I'm not going back there anytime soon. ^_^!

ugh wish i had that kinda luck..
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 10:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, yeah, I have been trying this today. The plan has been working well, except that he has yet to change to dagger for blue proc and sometimes I can not get the clue in two WS's. I will keep trying a bit more then maybe just wait to see if a friend or two can help.
By Nevill 2011-09-01 10:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Divinian said: »
So, yeah, I have been trying this today. The plan has been working well, except that he has yet to change to dagger for blue proc and sometimes I can not get the clue in two WS's. I will keep trying a bit more then maybe just wait to see if a friend or two can help.

Yeah, bad luck is bad luck. It happens.
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-01 10:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sukasaroth said: »
I go on WHM during blunt and pray its not H2H <_<

Cata and Flash Nova are pretty rape. Also so is Black Halo > Hexa > Light > MB Holy :3

Go before blunt, engage the second blunt begins. As long as you pull it slightly back after engaging, you'll have three chances to try again. The odds of your 66% chance of having the correct proc failing you three times are pretty scarce.

Like I said, WHM/THF is a dramatically lesser headache than any other job combination.
 Bahamut.Aramachus
Server: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-09-01 10:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly I read through the whole thread because I was interested in how thf would actually survive this and found not a single hint on that :/
people say you go in thf/sam or thf/rng and then ws to check your blue proc... I dont know about shinryu but for me it sometimes takes way more than 2 ws to get info about blue proc on normal nms. then the biggest point, how is the thf going to survive this? with 3 damage atmas he will likely just oneshot you with the initial -gaIV spell, no shadows either (not that they would help) and the hits are not exactly weak or have low accuracy. using a lot of temp items you still can only have magic OR melee immunity up at the same time right? might make yourself immune to magic and spam your temp potion items to survive I dont see how that could work. so then its not dagger for blue, you die and then?
seriously I saw the thread and thought "thats not gonna work" and reading through I saw no description that it would work on a regular basis, the odds of you just dont get any hint on blue before he kills you are high, dont know how many magic immunity items are there fools drink fools powder? so at best after 2 tries youll just get killed by the initial gaIV, not to mention engaging him weakened he'd just kill you with a physical hit wouldnt even need a tp move. how would ever someone zombie shinryu to find out blue? are we playing the same game here?
so could anyone that has done it please give a description on how it is done? and maybe an honest estimation on how many tries it actually works. I think that might be what the op was asking for too.

and I cant get around laughing about khimairas comment bashing someone for a horrible choice of atmas and providing no new information and then he does just the same. seriously, why post if you have nothing to say but bash others? I dont get it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 10:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
We never said fight while weakened. you have 30 minutes before you're kicked out, just need to reraise and heal up. If you've more than 18ish yalms from where shinryu walks back to he won't aggro you. this can be done on thf but it's much harder that's all

Like I said, thf is inefficient for this and would take a lot of luck that's why I would opt to go on other jobs like whm

Any of the following jobs easier?:
RDM
BLU
NIN
BLM

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
honestly I read through the whole thread because I was interested in how thf would actually survive this and found not a single hint on that :/
people say you go in thf/sam or thf/rng and then ws to check your blue proc... I dont know about shinryu but for me it sometimes takes way more than 2 ws to get info about blue proc on normal nms. then the biggest point, how is the thf going to survive this? with 3 damage atmas he will likely just oneshot you with the initial -gaIV spell, no shadows either (not that they would help) and the hits are not exactly weak or have low accuracy. using a lot of temp items you still can only have magic OR melee immunity up at the same time right? might make yourself immune to magic and spam your temp potion items to survive I dont see how that could work. so then its not dagger for blue, you die and then?
seriously I saw the thread and thought "thats not gonna work" and reading through I saw no description that it would work on a regular basis, the odds of you just dont get any hint on blue before he kills you are high, dont know how many magic immunity items are there fools drink fools powder? so at best after 2 tries youll just get killed by the initial gaIV, not to mention engaging him weakened he'd just kill you with a physical hit wouldnt even need a tp move. how would ever someone zombie shinryu to find out blue? are we playing the same game here?
so could anyone that has done it please give a description on how it is done? and maybe an honest estimation on how many tries it actually works. I think that might be what the op was asking for too.

and I cant get around laughing about khimairas comment bashing someone for a horrible choice of atmas and providing no new information and then he does just the same. seriously, why post if you have nothing to say but bash others? I dont get it

If you thf/sam you can sekkanoki run up (unweakened only) and get two ws's done quick. Then you start moving slowly away from shin (no more than 13 yalms or else he will draw in. Once you get to a suitable place (about 20 yalms from his "spawn point") die. Reraise and wait for unweaken..use temps and try again.

If you do it right, you can repeat this 4 times before 14:00.
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 11:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Success!!!

Drops:
Belt
Knife
Helm
Torque

Thanks for the tips Josiah!
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-09-01 11:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

(]Congratulations![)
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 11:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

(]Congratulations![)

Thank You!
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-01 11:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and I forgot to mention the best drop of all: lynx meat.
By charmides 2011-09-01 17:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

easy fight use dread// apoc/sea daughter. you go in with full tp/sub nin/ pop a fanatics if you have one get off 2-3 ws np before he does a big magic if its not dagger die asap rr with apoc wait till unweak repete can get in 3 tries in set ammount of time rr die rr ect his !! will reset every time so chances are good you will get dagger brew kill when it pops dagger np easy win cost a stone a pop 1/4 shot 3 tries good odds,good luckalso buy a few elixer pots w/e pop when unweak engage asap
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-01 18:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]