Orison Locket Is Useful?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Orison Locket is useful?
Orison Locket is useful?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 17:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
With -76%, native midcastdelay kicks in for c5&6.
By native do you mean it wasn't affected by the rule? I just tested on my WHM and the precast set does come in, and the midcast comes in at the appropriate time as well. Here's how I have my cure spells set up:
Code
<if spell="Cure*|Cura*">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="FastCast" />
<action type="equip" when="precast">
<legs> Orison Pantaloons +2</legs>
</action>
<action type="MidcastDelay" delay=".3" />
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Cure" />
<if Advanced='("%WeatherElement" = "Light" OR "%DayElement" = "Light")'>
<action type="equip" when="midcast">
<back lock="yes">Twilight Cape</back>
<waist lock="yes">Korin Obi</waist>
</action>
</if>
</if>
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-07-03 17:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Shiva.Msthief said:
With -76%, native midcastdelay kicks in for c5&6.
By native do you mean it wasn't affected by the rule? I just tested on my WHM and the precast set does come in, and the midcast comes in at the appropriate time as well. Here's how I have my cure spells set up:
Code
<if spell="Cure*|Cura*">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="FastCast" />
<action type="equip" when="precast">
<legs> Orison Pantaloons +2</legs>
</action>
<action type="MidcastDelay" delay=".3" />
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Cure" />
<if Advanced='("%WeatherElement" = "Light" OR "%DayElement" = "Light")'>
<action type="equip" when="midcast">
<back lock="yes">Twilight Cape</back>
<waist lock="yes">Korin Obi</waist>
</action>
</if>
</if>
I understood it to mean C5&6 go off without having to change the midcast rule.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-03 17:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I didn't have to change MidcastDelay and my midcast (cure potency) kicked in before my actual cure.

*This was tested just by looking at it with the naked eye. I saw the equipment change notification before the cure animation. I'll actually test the potency when my main character isn't busy.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 17:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, alright then lol.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-03 17:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Aceso's choker is better for cure precast, Orison Locket for all other spells with a long enough cast time to make sure you don't end up casting it in precast gear.

While it's not strictly NEEDED neither is any gear at all... so take it if you think it would be useful and if not save your space. But I personally love fastcast.
Not sure, but did they up the -cure spellcasting time cap? Assuming 20% from merits, 12% from af3+2 pants, 4% from Incantor Stone/Loq Earring, 10% Light Arts and 5% from Orison Locket would put you at 51%. 51% without buying Choker or Clogs.
Most don't merit cure cast time.
Really now?

Derp, misread. MY POINT STILL STANDS! At least for mnks.

According to mnk, most people fully merit formless strikes. Only retards do that. Penance being one of the least merited group 2 merits for mnk just proves that 90% of people playing this game really don't have a clue as to what they're doing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 17:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj, you're not a WHM, be quiet!

You're off the hook for now, but I'll get you next time!
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-03 17:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Serj, you're not a WHM, be quiet!

I MISREAD WHAT WAS SAID AND FILLED IN THE BLANKS SO I COULD SAY WHAT I WAS THINKING!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-03 17:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Aceso's choker is better for cure precast, Orison Locket for all other spells with a long enough cast time to make sure you don't end up casting it in precast gear.

While it's not strictly NEEDED neither is any gear at all... so take it if you think it would be useful and if not save your space. But I personally love fastcast.
Not sure, but did they up the -cure spellcasting time cap? Assuming 20% from merits, 12% from af3+2 pants, 4% from Incantor Stone/Loq Earring, 10% Light Arts and 5% from Orison Locket would put you at 51%. 51% without buying Choker or Clogs.
Really now?

I'd still go with him. According to mnk, most people fully merit formless strikes. Only retards do that. Penance being one of the least merited group 2 merits for mnk just proves that 90% of people playing this game really don't have a clue as to what they're doing.
Woah, that's just plain silly lol. I mean really, that's almost as bad as fully meriting Aura Steal and Tomahawk
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Really now?

I'd still go with him. According to mnk, most people fully merit formless strikes. Only retards do that. Penance being one of the least merited group 2 merits for mnk just proves that 90% of people playing this game really don't have a clue as to what they're doing.
Woah, that's just plain silly lol. I mean really, that's almost as bad as fully meriting Aura Steal and Tomahawk
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-03 17:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said:
Fast cures = live DD's

It's a decent option for neck also in your max mp build.
Not that slackers bother with a max mp build much anymore.

Max MP builds were never all that useful. Esp more so now with the amount of refresh WHM gets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-03 18:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a minimum amount of time between swapping the same slot twice. I think it's about .6 seconds but I use .8 to ensure I never misequip. So if you're going to move your midcast just be sure you're actually getting the full effect of your cures.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-03 19:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Fast cures = live DD's

Max MP builds were never all that useful. Esp more so now with the amount of refresh WHM gets.

Was speaking of pre abyssea lvl 75 cap slacker, and also of the hope that some day end game will be outside the easymode abyssea areas.
By Pooman 2011-07-03 19:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So you have to cheat for the locket to be useful?
[+]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-03 19:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
So you have to cheat for the locket to be useful?

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-03 19:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty telling when a Windower thread on the SE forums gets no comments from the mods until the personal attacks start up, and even then they didn't mention the topic at all. It's painfully obvious they don't actually care, as if we didn't know that already.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-03 19:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Fast cures = live DD's

Was speaking of pre abyssea lvl 75 cap slacker, and also of the hope that some day end game will be outside the easymode abyssea areas.

I was speaking pre-abyssea as well. And how much refresh whm gets outside of abyssea now for things like voidwatch.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-03 19:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Pretty telling when a Windower thread on the SE forums gets no comments from the mods until the personal attacks start up, and even then they didn't mention the topic at all. It's painfully obvious they don't actually care, as if we didn't know that already.
This^^
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-03 19:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and I didnt knew they did something about the cure spellcast, is it 80% in gear or 50% in gear then 30% ability/atmas?
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-03 19:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I was speaking pre-abyssea as well. And how much refresh whm gets outside of abyssea now for things like voidwatch.

Here's to hoping 99 end game is truly "outside" without "faux atmas." Where your worth is determined by how comprehensive your gear sets, party set ups, and skill are as a player. Not just slapping on atma's till an elderly disease ridden chimp could man the controls.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-03 20:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize the "atmas" you get for voidwatch are generally crap right and on top of that pretty pricey to put on.
By Ashaaman 2011-07-03 20:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

Here's to hoping 99 end game is truly "outside" without "faux atmas." Where your worth is determined by how comprehensive your gear sets, party set ups, and skill are as a player. Not just slapping on atma's till an elderly disease ridden chimp could man the controls.

WHM can get

Owleyes (1)
Wivre Hairpin (1)
AF3+2 Body (2)
Serp Cuffs/Feet (1)
Stearc Subligar (1)
WoTG Earring (1)

That's 7mp/tick refresh... Add a BRD w/ Ballad instrument, that's 7 more. And a RDM? That's 6 more. 20mp/tick outside of Abyssea... Hmm, sounds like WHMs are really hurting for mp.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-03 20:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm +2 pants also give an extra tick of refresh.

And thats not even adding in a COR yet.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-03 20:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-03 20:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get what you are trying to say then. Is Voidwatch not truly outside?
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-03 20:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I dont get what you are trying to say then. Is Voidwatch not truly outside?

I'm agreeing that nowadays there are oodles of refresh options compared to @75. So imo if what ever end game area is introduced for 99 it will hopefully be w/o atmas of any way shape or form.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-03 20:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch is already that. The atmas they offer arent that great. Even then, you have to level them up from level one to make them useful so you did work to upgrade them if you really care to use them. I see no problem with that. They arent so overpowered that a MNK + WHM can duo all of voidwatch nor does it mean you only need everyone to have atmas and wear no gear to win.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-03 20:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly not the place for you. Amirite?
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-03 20:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Clearly not the place for you. Amirite?

Let me guess this is your clever attempt at humor? Sorry I must have forgot to laugh.

Sylph.Kimble said:
Voidwatch is already that. The atmas they offer arent that great. Even then, you have to level them up from level one to make them useful so you did work to upgrade them if you really care to use them. I see no problem with that. They arent so overpowered that a MNK + WHM can duo all of voidwatch nor does it mean you only need everyone to have atmas and wear no gear to win.

It's a step in the right direction.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-03 20:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-05 10:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Disagree. more accurate would be some don't merit cure cast time