Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Quote:
edit: Screw leveling SCH? No..just..no. SCH is by far the best RDM sub in the game currently, it's a ton more fun and better. Not having /SCH is basically being a gimp RDM. You might as well not even have a sub as /WHM or /BLM, that's how useless they are compared to /SCH. /WHM gives you nothing unless you need na's(except stona/viruna which is situationally useful), which /SCH has, and /blm only gives you stun(situationally useful to have) and sleepga which is generally useless in abyssea, and again SCH gives you that with stratagems.

Please read before trolling :/

I'm done posting here ever again.
Fact of the matter is, every sub has it's purpose and is quite situational. You're on my server. Perhaps we can gear our respective Rdm's as we see fit and go to sea and each pop Fortitude and you can show me how /sch just RULES my /nin. Oh, nvm, you need sea access. Perhaps then, we can go to Sky and each pop a Genbu or Seriyu then...
The genbu thing is a joke, right?
It would be /sch, yes
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You made it seem like Genbu was a challenge there for a moment. Didn't know /NIN was required for a RDM to solo that guy.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-23 13:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Quote:
edit: Screw leveling SCH? No..just..no. SCH is by far the best RDM sub in the game currently, it's a ton more fun and better. Not having /SCH is basically being a gimp RDM. You might as well not even have a sub as /WHM or /BLM, that's how useless they are compared to /SCH. /WHM gives you nothing unless you need na's(except stona/viruna which is situationally useful), which /SCH has, and /blm only gives you stun(situationally useful to have) and sleepga which is generally useless in abyssea, and again SCH gives you that with stratagems.

Please read before trolling :/

I'm done posting here ever again.
Fact of the matter is, every sub has it's purpose and is quite situational. You're on my server. Perhaps we can gear our respective Rdm's as we see fit and go to sea and each pop Fortitude and you can show me how /sch just RULES my /nin. Oh, nvm, you need sea access. Perhaps then, we can go to Sky and each pop a Genbu or Seriyu then...

I swear this exact same thing happens once per month or more...

And, though I've never really played the job, I do know that RDM isn't BLM and it isn't WHM. But that's ok. Many people don't "need" a RDM. Many people don't "need" MNK, either, and do great tanking as NIN or THF even. I think your only problem is finding people who would appreciate your contributions (and are also fun to play with.) Also, you'll probably hear about MNK and WHM duoing the whole game. Good for them! That doesn't mean that a RDM and something can't have a lot of fun. Or, be the 3rd to some MNK and WHM team. I know that it's not NEEDED... but hey, fun people are fun to play with, and I'd be a moron to turn down something that would from time to time change a wipe into a win, or a long, drawn out, boring fight into something shorter.

Basically, keep doin your thing!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
You made it seem like Genbu was a challenge there for a moment. Didn't know /NIN was required for a RDM to solo that guy.
No, actually, I prefer /Blm when soloing Genbu, but I can do with either /blm or /nin.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-23 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:

You missed the points:

1. Kiaru doesn't even have Sea access, aka has a lot of the world still to explore.

2. Different subs are situational, and some perform BETTER - not "ARE NEEDED."

Nice job sounding like a smug ***, though.

Edit: Sorry, I know you don't need help defending yourself, Liltrouble. :D
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
No, actually, I prefer /Blm when soloing Genbu, but I can do with either /blm or /nin.
I just don't get why you would even mention Genbu in a situation of /nin vs /sch. seeing as I can do that solo as MNK/WHM, why even bring it up?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

You missed the points:

1. Kiaru doesn't even have Sea access, aka has a lot of the world still to explore.

He made it seem like /NIN was better than /SCH in that situation, which it's not. Nice job looking like a tool, though.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
I just don't get why you would even mention Genbu in a situation of /nin vs /sch. seeing as I can do that solo as MNK/WHM, why even bring it up?
See Terminus's post, right above yours
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
See Terminus's post, right above yours
Well if you think /NIN is superior to /SCH for soloing Genbu, have at it.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

any sub is superior to soloing than /sch
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
any sub is superior to soloing than /sch
For genbu? No.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-23 13:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

You missed the points:

He made it seem like /NIN was better than /SCH in that situation, which it's not. Nice job looking like a tool, though.

Oh, I'm the tool? You're breaking my heart.

I don't give a *** what you play, how you play, whatever. It's not ever going to effect me. I did manage to get the point - lot's of job combinations have different uses. You mentioned MNK/WHM, even. Perfect example of that. But, when people are being genuinely curious, trying to learn, or are trying to make a point, I don't jump in and start harassing them and ignoring what's being said. *** it, if that's a tool to you - I'm definitely not here to try to impress you.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said, blm or Nin for Genbu. My prefrence. However, if any Rdm wishes to solo lolgenbu /sch and show me the advantages, I'd welcome the invite.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

You missed the points:

Oh, I'm the tool? You're breaking my heart.

I don't give a *** what you play, how you play, whatever. It's not ever going to effect me. I did manage to get the point - lot's of job combinations have different uses. You mentioned MNK/WHM, even. Perfect example of that. But, when people are being genuinely curious, trying to learn, or are trying to make a point, I don't jump in and start harassing them and ignoring what's being said. *** it, if that's a tool to you - I'm definitely not here to try to impress you.
No, I was questioning his reasoning behind mentioning Genbu as a way to prove a subjob's worth. I can solo Genbu subless.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
As I said, blm or Nin for Genbu. My prefrence. However, if any Rdm wishes to solo lolgenbu /sch and show me the advantages, I'd welcome the invite.
Well, at 75 Cap, higher elemental skill, because at 75 resists still happened on that, and whatever other benefits you got with dark arts. /NIN lets you what, eat flood or tier 4? What does /BLM give you? A free warp that's about it.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
I can solo Genbu subless.
calling BS when I see it
By Drjones 2011-06-23 13:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: soloing Genbu is hard.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
calling BS when I see it
Chi Blast kiting.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 13:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
calling BS when I see it
Chi Blast kiting.
You'd eat more than you can chew. But I'd love to watch.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
calling BS when I see it
Chi Blast kiting.
I'd eat nothing. Out range his big nukes, and antidote the poison.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you needed proof it can be done by a select few melee jobs:

Can also do it on my DNC, same strategy as the SAM one, only with no foot rise and reverse flourish for TP, and steps when he uses single target nukes.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-06-23 14:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Tarutaru is the only race because of max MP, duh.

I was always of the opinion that taru and galka were the only races to have real benefits and limitations. In this game the variation in racial HP and MP were the only thing to vastly vary and Galka and Taru were on the ends of the spectrum. The stat bonus from dex/int/vit/agi/mnd dont really matter because you can play so many different jobs and the +/-6 to a stat wouldn't hamper you in any way. However, maybe not so important now a days, galka always had a bit harder time as a casting job and tarus had a bit harder time at tanking.

On topic now Austar is pretty much correct. Parties will only generally invite 4-5 ppl when fighting a mob and those will be WAR MNK WHM BLM THF NIN BLU most of the time.

WAR: DD,Tank,Red Proc
MNK: Tank,DD,Blue Proc
BLM: Yellow Proc, DD, Azure light
THF: Th,DD
NIN: Tank,Red Proc, DD
BLU: Box Farming, Yellow Proc,
WHM: Healing, Yellow Proc

If you want to get seals I'd say BLM and WHM get the most invites but the other jobs will probably get invites as well if you know what you're doing. If you want to tank MNK and WAR can do the job tho NIN is better if you got a sketchy healer. BLU wont get as many invites because it's not as necessary for procing !!s but there's a certain charm to being able to 1 shot 80 mobs at once.

As for RDM, you can find an invite from time to time but no one really trusts you to main cure with just C4 and most WAR and MNK tanks wouldn't be a good combo for your party. Most seal farming parties try to keep the # of ppl small so they have 1 person lotting each type of seal. Sadly this means a lot of jobs SE didn't figure to give !! procs are not as sought after.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 14:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
calling BS when I see it
Chi Blast kiting.
Subless, you'd have to out range ALL of his nukes, and with the limited space, I just don't see that happening. Unless you can chi on the fly, which you can't. Luck would have to play a significant part, and there isn't any to be assured of. Newp, not buying it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
calling BS when I see it
Chi Blast kiting.
Subless, you'd have to out range ALL of his nukes, and with the limited space, I just don't see that happening. Unless you can chi on the fly, which you can't. Luck would have to play a significant part, and there isn't any to be assured of. Newp, not buying it.
You can actually chi blast on the fly, if you blink when the JA goes off, you don't stop moving. Not to mention, if you know the path to take, you can outrange everything except poisona 3 and choke. Choke isn't even a problem as invigorated chakras outheal it, and poisona can be cured with antidotes.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 14:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, I know Brysky, personally, and know he's about as pro as they come. Even he used shadows though...
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Which weren't required.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell, from watching the video. Feel free to make a video yourself though, subless. I'm enthralled.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I can't tell, from watching the video. Feel free to make a video yourself though, subless. I'm enthralled.
Because stopping on purpose to take a free nuke is required? The only reason to sub nin is to force him to waste MP on Floods and ***to drain his MP so when he runs out, all he'll cast is choke. Only reason I subbed WHM when I soloed at 75 was for small boost to MND and to save money on antidotes because I'm cheap. So yeah, I'd say you can solo with no sub easy on MNK if you're not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with your pathing.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-06-23 14:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, in my opinion take whm to 90 so you and your bf can duo more. And if he is up to the challenge of "Doing It Right" have him level mnk with you and y'all can walk up to most of the mobs in this game and KICK their *** and swagger off with half the loot a whole lot faster:) lol. It's all good. Do what you do the way you wanna do it. Main thing is enjoy yourself.

If you want to be more useful in a group setting, level BLM. It's really fun if you like blow'n stuff up. Your more likely to get accepted into a group if you level WHM though. Generally people that I have come across don't like it due to them not being able to modify their tactics to keep "Blinkers" alive and get pissed when they get called out for it. Others use the fact that they have it leveled to get into a group, only to appear to have a mental malfunction and refuse to come to events if they have to come WHM. Don't do this, it makes you and the job resemble DRK lol.

Just some options to consider, in the end it's your choice. Just have fun.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 14:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, well, I guess I'll just wait in anticipation for the movie. Getting back to the subject of the thread though, I wish Caylene the best. Rdm isn't for everyone. There's a reason, at one time, why the rdm maat fight was considered the hardest bcnm in the game. It actually taught a rdm how to BE a pure rdm. Hence, why so many rdm's leveled another job, just to beat maat with. Rdm was my first true love. Loved it so much, I have a 75 rdm mule with world access. (Used it back in the day to camp hnm's).