Need some advice, please
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-06-23 14:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ok, well, I guess I'll just wait in anticipation for the movie. Getting back to the subject of the thread though, I wish Caylene the best. Rdm isn't for everyone. There's a reason, at one time, why the rdm maat fight was considered the hardest bcnm in the game. It actually taught a rdm how to BE a pure rdm. Hence, why so many rdm's leveled another job, just to beat maat with. Rdm was my first true love. Loved it so much, I have a 75 rdm mule with world access. (Used it back in the day to camp hnm's).

RDM maat was a joke...
[+]
By Drjones 2011-06-23 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
There's a reason, at one time, why the rdm maat fight was considered the hardest bcnm in the game.
People sucked and insisted on full-timing crappy gear?
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 14:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ok, well, I guess I'll just wait in anticipation for the movie. Getting back to the subject of the thread though, I wish Caylene the best. Rdm isn't for everyone. There's a reason, at one time, why the rdm maat fight was considered the hardest bcnm in the game. It actually taught a rdm how to BE a pure rdm. Hence, why so many rdm's leveled another job, just to beat maat with. Rdm was my first true love. Loved it so much, I have a 75 rdm mule with world access. (Used it back in the day to camp hnm's).

RDM maat was a joke...
Spoken like a true elitist. However, I'm sure there are plenty that would argue this. In fact, if asked 2 years ago, what were the hardest fights in the game, 90% would no doubt have the CoP airship fight and Rdm maat fight as the top 2.
 Cerberus.Caylene
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-06-23 14:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Vanzan. I'm sorry my thread seemed to stir up a bit of trouble, but I suppose that is to be expected when venturing into forum posting.

I have decided that I really do enjoy RDM and will get it fully merited, and just level BLM for events in Abyssea, since some of the gear I use for RDM I can also use for BLM. I prefer to do things as a RDM, and hopefully in time the party desire factor will be there again.

I would do WHM more- but honestly, I was a WHM and ONLY a WHM for so long. It just wore me out.

Thanks everyone for the input, and see you in Vana'diel! ^_^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-23 14:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
Thanks Vanzan. I'm sorry my thread seemed to stir up a bit of trouble, but I suppose that is to be expected when venturing into forum posting. I have decided that I really do enjoy RDM and will get it fully merited, and just level BLM for events in Abyssea, since some of the gear I use for RDM I can also use for BLM. I prefer to do things as a RDM, and hopefully in time the party desire factor will be there again. I would do WHM more- but honestly, I was a WHM and ONLY a WHM for so long. It just wore me out. Thanks everyone for the input, and see you in Vana'diel! ^_^

I absolutely love your optimism and the fact that you decided to level another job for multi-purpose. I hope you have a good time and good luck on drops!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Red mage is one of the harder Maat fights Nevill it takes much more complexity and luck than the others really, blm was luck based on resists

but at least you didn't need to cure, enfeeble, buff, melee and nuke at the same time against a monk NM asuran fist spamming you while chainspell nuking you
The key to the RDM maat fight is to run immediately to Maat and sleep him, THEN buff. Because the entire time you buff when you enter, so is he. Once he's slept, alternate dispel and self buffs.
By Drjones 2011-06-23 14:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Red mage is one of the harder Maat fights Nevill it takes much more complexity and luck than the others really, blm was luck based on resists

but at least you didn't need to cure, enfeeble, buff, melee and nuke at the same time against a monk NM asuran fist spamming you while chainspell nuking you
What complexity? Sleep > nuke > repeat until old man dies. Old man chainspells? So do you and he goes back to sleep. The only thing remotely difficult about the fight was if you got a bad string of resists.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 14:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

The key to the RDM maat fight is to run immediately to Maat and sleep him, THEN buff. Because the entire time you buff when you enter, so is he. Once he's slept, alternate dispel and self buffs.
I agree that this is the strategy of choice, but luck still played a major role.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

I agree that this is the strategy of choice, but luck still played a major role.
But most of your average players that only leveled RDM for easy exp were too idiotic to understand the concept of strategy besides chainspell nuking.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-23 15:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

What complexity? Sleep > nuke > repeat until old man dies. Old man chainspells? So do you and he goes back to sleep. The only thing remotely difficult about the fight was if you got a bad string of resists.
1 resist. Just 1, in the rdm maat fight of old, spelled doom.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 15:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Drjones said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

1 resist. Just 1, in the rdm maat fight of old, spelled doom.
Only if it happened to be a sleep spell. If a nuke got resisted, you could easily sleep him to pop an ether or something to get MP. I don't see what all the whining about RDM Maat is. You have a job with a hundred uses, gotta learn to use them.
By Drjones 2011-06-23 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

HOW DOES I BIND AND GRAVITY!?

Two resists in a row is problematic, but just the one shouldn't be enough to do you in immediately.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-06-23 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

RDM maat was a joke...
Spoken like a true elitist. However, I'm sure there are plenty that would argue this. In fact, if asked 2 years ago, what were the hardest fights in the game, 90% would no doubt have the CoP airship fight and Rdm maat fight as the top 2.

NO, not an elitist at all. Just, rdm fight was a joke, I beat it first try (and yes, it was my first). All it took was not panicking.

Sleep is the only "real" resist you worry about, so you combat that by going on darksday.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 15:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat it for a friend, with her shitty gear.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-06-23 15:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK Maat fight was enough for me to all but rage quit lol. Yes, I did suck. No, I didn't know how to effectively play MNK. Getting my *** kicked by an old dude that talks ***made me look into my gameplay and really over haul it. I'm still not a pro and my brain still farts more than it should but I understand the job a whole lot better.

I have friends that tell me RDM Maat fight is the hardest one from their experiences and I believe them to a point. But I still say that MNK Maat fight was stupid hard. All this was at least 4 years ago so, it's easier now with good researching your job. I hated it when I was trying to beat him but he did make me a better player. When I finally did beat him I vowed to never go back lol. I don't think I want his cap that bad.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-23 16:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill. If you can't post without being a douche, find another thread to post in.

AsuraVanzan said:
MNK Maat fight was enough for me to all but rage quit lol. Yes, I did suck. No, I didn't know how to effectively play MNK. Getting my *** kicked by an old dude that talks ***made me look into my gameplay and really over haul it. I'm still not a pro and my brain still farts more than it should but I understand the job a whole lot better.

I have friends that tell me RDM Maat fight is the hardest one from their experiences and I believe them to a point. But I still say that MNK Maat fight was stupid hard. All this was at least 4 years ago so, it's easier now with good researching your job. I hated it when I was trying to beat him but he did make me a better player. When I finally did beat him I vowed to never go back lol. I don't think I want his cap that bad.
I ended up beating MNK Maat for my gf at the time. She tried the first couple times, and then we alternated attempts. I think we had a total of 5 attempts between us. It was annoying.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-23 18:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK Maat was awful

I was... 1/6 I think.

It's really crucial to pop hundred fists as soon as the chi blast has gone off and let him run to you.

Also make macros to stay in WS gear when you're in hundred fists.