MOAR SSR DORPS PRZ!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » MOAR SSR DORPS PRZ!
MOAR SSR DORPS PRZ!
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 06:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The fast-approaching April version update is set to be a veritable banquet of adjustments and additions catering to all adventurer palates, with the dishes on offer ranging from succulent morsels of Salvage to delightful bite-sized treats such as the new "/bell" text command.

/bell Command Bonbons!

Using the "/bell" command while equipped with either a "Dream Bell" or "Dream Bell+1" obtainable from the 2008 Starlight Celebration event will allow your character to flourish said bell to a jovial chime. To specify a note in an octave, simply add a space followed by a number from 1 and 8 to the text command. Synthesis variants of the abovementioned bell items will be introduced in the coming version update to accommodate adventurers who were either unable to acquire a dream bell, or had unwittingly discarded theirs.

Fellows Flambé!

In the past, fellows could only be attired with special event gear for the duration of the events from which they are sourced. From the next version update, however, your adventuring fellow may be outfitted with such items regardless of the occasion if called while you are equipped with certain pieces of equipment. Furthermore, the selection of equipment items obtainable by exchanging fellow points will be expanded.

Salvage Sauté!

As part of the initiative to revise the difficulty level and drop rate for all Remnants, the following changes will take place:

- Bhaflau Remnants:
The spawning requirements for the NM "Mad Bomber" will be adjusted so that it will appear regardless of the route chosen by the player.

- Silver Sea Remnants:
The drop rate for items obtainable from NMs that appear when certain conditions are fulfilled will increase slightly. /WINRAR!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-08 06:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone want to copy/paste the whole announcement? I need some reading material and can't get to the PoL or Wiki site thanks to this stupid firewall...
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 06:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Anyone want to copy/paste the whole announcement? I need some reading material and can't get to the PoL or Wiki site thanks to this stupid firewall...

ugh fine, hold on.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-08 07:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha thanks!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 07:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Haha thanks!

np :p
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-08 07:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling the /bell is going to be the most annoying addition to this game. It will be like when they introduced the /dance# commands. You will see everyone doing it in Whitegate but this time it will have some audio with it.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 07:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now. New patch update.

"Bell Chimes: Off"
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-08 07:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
I have a feeling the /bell is going to be the most annoying addition to this game. It will be like when they introduced the /dance# commands. You will see everyone doing it in Whitegate but this time it will have some audio with it.

You nailed it lol, but atleast now I will know hwere my slave taru is <.< >.>
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 08:17:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

The bell part is all I'm getting out of this part. :3 I wonder if there's one if you Dual Wield the normal and HQ one...D;
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-08 08:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god lol, better not be as annoying wearing headphones then somone in your paty types <call>
 Lakshmi.Antonios
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-04-08 08:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Strey said:
Excesspain said:

>.< Taru not slave GALKA = slave >.<
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 08:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonios said:
Strey said:
Excesspain said:

>.< Taru not slave GALKA = slave >.<

Tarus are footballs.

Galkas are ***.

Word.
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-08 08:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe but dem galka's eated all my foods in dah frigidator.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 08:43:23

My Galka ate the refreederador ><;
 Seraph.Octaviusc
Server: Seraph
user: Octaviusc
By Seraph.Octaviusc 2009-04-08 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this is good news! The increased drop rate from NMs in SSR salvage is the best news I've heard coming out of this update, even if it is only a slight increase. Thanks SE!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-08 08:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

FU SE, no care about SSR, Fix the GD F'in POS A**hole Bee's NAO!!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 09:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, I don't even DO Salvage and I understand how much Silver Sea Remnants drops suck.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-08 09:23:02

Octaviusc said:
Now this is good news! The increased drop rate from NMs in SSR salvage is the best news I've heard coming out of this update, even if it is only a slight increase. Thanks SE!

You say that now, but just you wait. They did the same thing with relic's and northlands, but people are still complaining about how the drop rate sucks there.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 09:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Octaviusc said:

You say that now, but just you wait. They did the same thing with relic's and northlands, but people are still complaining about how the drop rate sucks there.

Which I think is stupid. It's not like they'd make it 100% drop rate or even 25% drop rate because every RDM in the shell would have their relic in one day. But hey, you can't please everyone.
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-08 09:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Except the tarus.
/em tosses bread crust.
They love it and huddle around like birds, but dont get to close or they run a few feet away and circle you.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-08 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Octaviusc said:

Well I hope the drop rate upgrade in SSR will be as potent as the one in northland/dreamland then :D Because ***is dropping like crazy now.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-08 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Luignata said:
Octaviusc said:

Well I hope the drop rate upgrade in SSR will be as potent as the one in northland/dreamland then :D Because ***is dropping like crazy now.

No increase in drop rate from bhaf rem = EPIC FAIL salv update. Unless this gets Ninja'd to say "we've increase the spawn rate and drop rate of skirmish" then SE can go F themselves 20 ways from friday.

..l.. -.- ..l..

All i can say about some worthless SSR update.
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-08 09:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously. An NM drop rate increase in Bhaflau would just be stupid. This update info actually comes as a relief for me. When I heard people talking about Bhaf and Silver Sea drops being improved I just about fell out of my chair. If any of the four need it at all, it's Silver. But Bhaflau is by far the easiest zone to get drops out of. Hell. You can even get more than one drop of the same gear in a single run. The Mad Bomber adjustment is extremely fair.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-08 09:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

No increase in drop rate from bhaf rem = EPIC FAIL salv update. Unless this gets Ninja'd to say "we've increase the spawn rate and drop rate of skirmish" then SE can go F themselves 20 ways from friday.

..l.. -.- ..l..

BR drop are easy to get... This area is prolly the easiest to do, not to mention than the rampart corresponding to skirmish always spawn, unlike 4th floor which sometime don't (if you fail 1 gear, and ***happen easily when weather spawn mid pull), also 1st floor was completely random...

What's annoy most of Salvage group is the low drop rate of morrigan legs / ares legs, forcing the whole group to take this route again and again, meaning you skip the skadi and marduk drop on the other route. Not to mention that morrigan legs NM waste 30min :s
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-08 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Strey said:
Excesspain said:

How?! Everybody will be doing it! Impossible to locate just one.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-08 10:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

one of our ls members went 1/86 or 68 runs for morg pants.... So yes plz on drop rate especially War legs too :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-08 10:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If not for the stupid bell thing I would have called shenanigans on this... I don't do Salvage and I know how much SSR sucks. The /bell command is just dumb enough to make this legit though. That and the fact that I just saw the official announcement XD
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-08 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Frobeus said:

..l.. -.- ..l..

BR drop are easy to get... This area is prolly the easiest to do, not to mention than the rampart corresponding to skirmish always spawn, unlike 4th floor which sometime don't (if you fail 1 gear, and ***happen easily when weather spawn mid pull), also 1st floor was completely random...

What's annoy most of Salvage group is the low drop rate of morrigan legs / ares legs, forcing the whole group to take this route again and again, meaning you skip the skadi and marduk drop on the other route. Not to mention that morrigan legs NM waste 30min :s

Over a year of doing salvage and going 0/75+ on actual Skirmish pops says you and your easy to get drops can burn in Aids hell.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-04-08 10:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"Version Update Appetizers!"

NOT

"Complete List of all the changes to the game in the new Version Update"

Wait and see, I wouldnt be surprised if they are going to update the drop rate on a lot of the NMs.

Which would be nice :-)
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-08 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

Over a year of doing salvage and going 0/75+ on actual Skirmish pops says you and your easy to get drops can burn in Aids hell.

Again, your personal luck have nothing to do with the difficulty/rareness of drops.
First Page 2 3