Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
lol I feel bad for you guys since you actually believe the ***you're saying.

Though you're not on asura and I don't have to have you guys as my WHM so I see no point in trying to teach you morons how to play.

Oh and again, if you think that stoneskin is really important, for the love of god, find a better tank lmao.
Hey, why don't you level WHM before you start spewing your ***.

Xeno go buy more gil and shut up.
Your opinion will never count when you couldn't even work to get O-Kote and bought gil to get them.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 12:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
@Tweeek I have no response as you said nothing valid @Zorander Hate reset.
Capping -emn naked, DD's get hate back quick not matter what. and If dd's are constantly loosing hate for long enough where it's going after the whm's...see my previous comment about getting a new tank.
Asura.Patriclis said:
Unless you don't use Allure because you're smart enough to realize all that MP boost is a waste and you get ambition instead.
Oo? What the ***would you need ambition for? Movement? extra Refresh? You advocate extra -emn but not mnd? You are a seriously confused whm..

If you aren't going to use Allure use Perfect Attendance or something to give you refresh and Regain so you're ready to proc if needed.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Patriclis you got a mule WHM you use or what cause it looks like you don't even have WHM or Surya on that account.. sup?
No im leveling it currently. best friend in game is a fantastic WHM.

-enm makes it so your tank gets hate back quicker or so you're not next on the hate list with 3+ people.

guess what.. if your friend plays like you describe, he is bad he is no where near fantastic. if I was your friend I would sure as hell hope you weren't talking so much for me about my job making me look like an idiot when you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

if you were an actual WHM you would realize how easy it is to not pull hate with Cure V and VI not to mention when those are paired with the new Tranquil Heart job trait AND using MM.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-16 12:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

His whm is level 55 his argument is null and void.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-16 12:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
WTF is with all the repetitive threads? Do people really have to reply again and again to the very same questions?

Can't we simply tag the topics that have already answered these same questions so they stay on top of the list?

Take this one for example http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20246/most-advantageous-whm-cure-potency-setup/

helping kill bad fudd.. you know like the first time we had to convince you what the best possible set was for you to use with your available gear :)

/shocked I wasn't as confused as these guys! Also, 1st time I posted on WHM I think was when I made the topic about FC/-Cure cast
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to avoid wasting more time im going to go do dishes.

so you guys are right and amazing and yes im a terrible troll and my whm sucks and all that, or whatever you want me to say. I really don't care, you're thankfully not my whm.

Also Merciless Matriarch is also > Ambition and Allure
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-06-16 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Xeno go buy more gil and shut up.
Your opinion will never count when you couldn't even work to get O-Kote and bought gil to get them.
Lol. Mad.

You definitely showed me there, dude. I see you haven't changed one bit.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
WTF is with all the repetitive threads? Do people really have to reply again and again to the very same questions?

Can't we simply tag the topics that have already answered these same questions so they stay on top of the list?

Take this one for example http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20246/most-advantageous-whm-cure-potency-setup/

helping kill bad fudd.. you know like the first time we had to convince you what the best possible set was for you to use with your available gear :)

/shocked I wasn't as confused as these guys! Also, 1st time I posted on WHM I think was when I made the topic about FC/-Cure cast

lol no where near as confused as this dude which is more the reason to silence this guy so he doesn't confuse other newer WHMs looking for useful info :)

also the discussion with you led us to determine the "ultimate curing set" we've now thankfully established across most of the community.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Well to avoid wasting more time im going to go do dishes.

back to the kitchen.. well played.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-16 12:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

why cant Tweek be on Fenrir?
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-16 12:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

lol no where near as confused as this dude which is more the reason to silence this guy so he doesn't confuse other newer WHMs looking for useful info :)

also the discussion with you led us to determine the "ultimate curing set" we've now thankfully established across most of the community.

Yeh, I do that often, /pats himself proudly

lol
 Bahamut.Tajot
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-06-16 12:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious to what NM you fight on a regular basis that has hate reset.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tajot said:

Orthrus, Glavoid, Myrmecoleon (which tweeek should look into to replace his lolearthstaff in his idle set).

those are the 3 we've done alot recently that i can think of.
 Odin.Dezaar
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-06-16 12:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sobek atm
 Sylph.Perryk
Server: Sylph
user: perryk
By Sylph.Perryk 2011-06-16 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:

To put it to rest. If you can get to 49~50% cure potency without Cure potency on body then +2 will always win. Nothing else really needs to be said.

this.

I wouldn't personally (and didn't) make the jump until I hit 49%/50% without body slot.

Ignoring the sidetrack, I think I see your point now. +2 body is better at 39%+ potency only if:
1) The person you are curing is going to eat through the cureskin before it wears off and
2) You aren't going to cure the person again before the cureskin wears off.

In most scenarios, 1) or 2) will happen, and if either happens even a few times, potency body will win out.

Overall, if you're talking about full-timing +2 body vs. full-timing cure potency body, you are better off waiting until close to 50%. Although a "top off" macro to throw on orison body when you are topping off someone's hp would still be useful.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Well to avoid wasting more time im going to go do dishes. so you guys are right and amazing and yes im a terrible troll and my whm sucks and all that, or whatever you want me to say. I really don't care, you're thankfully not my whm. Also Merciless Matriarch is also > Ambition and Allure
RL card, argument over I win.

Bolded for truth and my overall thoughts of Mr. Patriclis. The truth shall set you free my friend.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-16 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Bahamut.Tajot said:

Orthrus, Glavoid, Myrmecoleon (which tweeek should look into to replace his lolearthstaff in his idle set).

those are the 3 we've done alot recently that i can think of.

Weren't you supposed to be washing dishes?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:
why cant Tweek be on Fenrir?

/blush

Asura.Patriclis said:
Bahamut.Tajot said:

I idle in -pdt with my 2007 earth staff, yes should I go get a Terra for some reason? I don't play BLM or SCH or RMD just need some -pdt and my Slows stick. I don't have MP problems and don't own a Genbu shield to partner with an Owleyes so wtf would be the point.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
Well to avoid wasting more time im going to go do dishes. so you guys are right and amazing and yes im a terrible troll and my whm sucks and all that, or whatever you want me to say. I really don't care, you're thankfully not my whm. Also Merciless Matriarch is also > Ambition and Allure
RL card, argument over I win.

Bolded for truth and my overall thoughts of Mr. Patriclis. The truth shall set you free my friend.

there's a pancake on your face
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
RL card, argument over I win. Bolded for truth and my overall thoughts of Mr. Patriclis. The truth shall set you free my friend.
there's a pancake on your face
so's your face.

If anyone knows what the pancake face is from then they will know what so's your face is from as well.

Thank you for admitting you were so very wrong and that it was foolish for you say say such wrong things about whm'ing and that you are a disgrace to the ah.com community for your lies and deceit.

~I may have added a few things there but its ok..im cool with it.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:

Thank you for admitting you were so very wrong and that it was foolish for you say say such wrong things about whm'ing and that you are a disgrace to the ah.com community for your lies and deceit.

win.

also what has 2 thumbs and is awesome?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-16 12:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Patriclis you got a mule WHM you use or what cause it looks like you don't even have WHM or Surya on that account.. sup?

lmao @ hate reset. -enm does not help you when hate is reset and your tank should be able to get hate back very quickly if he isn't terribad.. also any decent WHM can take hits with solace+idleset it's not hard

-enm makes it so your tank gets hate back quicker or so you're not next on the hate list with 3+ people.
Gonna take a guess here and say you don't really understand how enmity works.

Also:
By Ska681 2011-06-16 12:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to point out from the hate reset comments anbout the whm being next. 1) if the whm is #2 on the hate reset and your not douing your THF blows!!!!!! 2) your BLM blows or has been AKF the whole fight
3) as a whm you should have your own stoneskin/blink,phalax and it only takes a few hits from you tank and hate is back on them -enmity is overrated go go +2body
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

lmao @ hate reset. -enm does not help you when hate is reset and your tank should be able to get hate back very quickly if he isn't terribad.. also any decent WHM can take hits with solace+idleset it's not hard

Gonna take a guess here and say you don't really understand how enmity works.

Also:

I do though i did very much word it akwardly.
My point was that you build up less enmity so your tank has an easier time building more enmity than you have accumulated.

Secondly not once did I ever say the +2 body was bad. I simply said that you sacrifice a lot of other gear pieces to get that stoneskin effect for 30 seconds, and that it's not always worth sacrificing all the extra -enmity, MND, etc that you could be getting just to get that stoneskin on EVERY cure, when alot of the times (especially now that 90% of everything is blink tanked) it's not needed. And you should have a macro for it, and a macro where you don't use it.

If you all really think that's wrong, then fine, enjoy fulltimeing your +2 body, I really could care less how you choose to pigeonhole yourself because you refuse to take the time to make 2 macro sets for the 2 pieces and differing situations. If you don't want to put in the time, or the effort to do so maybe because you dont care about your WHM enough to do so then good for you, it's not my problem.

But despite my trollish behavior, to say I'm a bad player for saying that neither body is the 100% victor in every situation, is just ignorant. There is no such thing as a perfect piece of gear that is used in every situation ever.

Both are useful, both should be used, if you don't want to put the effort in, well that's your own loss.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 12:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
win. also what has 2 thumbs and is awesome?
I think you meant.."What has 2 thumbs and doesn't give a crap."
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
win. also what has 2 thumbs and is awesome?
I think you meant.."What has 2 thumbs and doesn't give a crap."

yea but i do give a crap about this so i changed it :)
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
that you could be getting just to get that stoneskin on EVERY cure, when alot of the times (especially now that 90% of everything is blink tanked) it's not needed.

MNK came by to say orly?
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
that you could be getting just to get that stoneskin on EVERY cure, when alot of the times (especially now that 90% of everything is blink tanked) it's not needed.

MNK came by to say orly?

That'd be a situation where you'd sue the body.
But if you have a NIN DNC or even a THF tank, it's not so much of an issue.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-16 12:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Patriclis said:

MNK came by to say orly?

maybe a Thf would use shadows but it usally goes something like this in my groups: War/Sam Mnk/War Sam/War etc...