Facio vs Orison +2
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 12:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I do though i did very much word it akwardly.
My point was that you build up less enmity so your tank has an easier time building more enmity than you have accumulated.
You will be capped with MM, Allure so it doesn't matter and if you don't use Allure you still have like -30 with should be more than enough for the job.
Quote:
Secondly not once did I ever say the +2 body was bad. I simply said that you sacrifice a lot of other gear pieces to get that stoneskin effect for 30 seconds, and that it's not always worth sacrificing all the extra -enmity, MND, etc that you could be getting just to get that stoneskin on EVERY cure, when alot of the times (especially now that 90% of everything is blink tanked) it's not needed. And you should have a macro for it, and a macro where you don't use it.
You say that using another body for more -emn(useless) or mnd would be better, but you won't use Allure for Mnd+ and pick ambition instead?! Yes stuff is blink tanked with Nin but what about Mnk tanks? or Aga spammy NMs where cureskins is a wonderful thing.
Quote:
If you all really think that's wrong, then fine, enjoy fulltimeing your +2 body, I really could care less how you choose to pigeonhole yourself because you refuse to take the time to make 2 macro sets for the 2 pieces and differing situations. If you don't want to put in the time, or the effort to do so maybe because you dont care about your WHM enough to do so then good for you, it's not my problem.
And by pigeon hole you mean playing the job the correct way?
Quote:
But despite my trollish behavior, I'm a bad player.
We as ffxiah.com have known for a while now..but its nice that you are finally catching on. Again I may have alterted his orginal text but really I just made it shorter and more to the point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 12:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
that you could be getting just to get that stoneskin on EVERY cure, when alot of the times (especially now that 90% of everything is blink tanked) it's not needed.

MNK came by to say orly?

maybe a Thf would use shadows but it usally goes something like this in my groups: War/Sam Mnk/War Sam/War etc...

exactly.

NIN is there for procs THF there for TH unless a MNK tank is not available or you are duoing or something like that with a NIN or THF. Even in that situation I wouldn't change how I play or make special macros/gear sets because the benefits are so little by adding -enm. Most of the MND added goes wasted because we are almost always over curing not hitting the full potential of of cures.

Saying FFXI is situational? Yes of course it is, if you're confusing us for noobs who just try to full time gear you're highly mistaken. We aren't being lazy and trying to get away with full timing gear what we are doing is choosing the best path after critically weighing all the variables. The truth is you are not some genius who came up with an idea where everyone else failed to, the real truth is we thought about it and know that the tiny benefits if any you gain by dropping the +2 body are not worth it and in most cases do nothing.
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-06-16 12:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

missed the point again. not saying use a different body, but a different set.

but whatever i give up theres no point in talking to you people anymore. just please never come to my server and i wont go to yours
 Odin.Dezaar
Server: Odin
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-06-16 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"There is no such thing as a perfect piece of gear that is used in every situation ever."

Good Point ~

I see people take off their level 90 Kannagi all the time to put on another weapon and I see MNK's replace that Black belt often, not to mention all the BLM's who remove their Goetia Coat +2 on every macro ~
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-16 13:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you think people transfer TO Asura hahaha.. even more lol that you think if we were on the server we would play with you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-16 13:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The dishes aren't finished!
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-06-16 13:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience duoing hate reset mobs I've never had a problem with the tank getting hate back after the reset. And I don't use allure (do use MM though) and the enmity- in my cure macro is pretty low.

Except Deelgeed's scutum. That's a pain in the ***.

As for curing the only problem I've ever had is when I have 3 melees on a monster that uses AOE tp moves and I just can't get my recast up fast enough to cure them.

I am a crappy whm, I use MM+ambition+rescuer. But like I said whm in abyssea is not really terribly gear dependent to the degree that people are arguing over... just need to be smart enough not to be casting regen when your tank is in danger of getting one shotted.

in my opinion at least
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dezaar said:
"There is no such thing as a perfect piece of gear that is used in every situation ever." Good Point ~ I see people take off their level 90 Kannagi all the time to put on another weapon and I see MNK's replace that Black belt often, not to mention all the BLM's who remove their Goetia Coat +2 on every macro ~
You being serious? Or trying to troll the troll thats been trolling us?
 Odin.Dezaar
Server: Odin
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-06-16 13:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Dezaar said:
"There is no such thing as a perfect piece of gear that is used in every situation ever." Good Point ~ I see people take off their level 90 Kannagi all the time to put on another weapon and I see MNK's replace that Black belt often, not to mention all the BLM's who remove their Goetia Coat +2 on every macro ~
You being serious? Or trying to troll the troll thats been trolling us?

I just was joining in the fun! :p
 Carbuncle.Nezea
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2011-06-16 13:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I feel -enmity really matters at all but in response to this epic troll I felt it was worth mentioning that more cureskin means you don't have to cure as much, which in turn leads to less enmity gain.

Also, between MM atma, Tranquil Heart, and the -enmity that is offered by the curing set Tweeek mentioned you're probably already hitting the -enmity cap without the need for ridiculous equipment like the Serene Ring that no level 90 WHM in their right mind would ever use.

What's more, if you're scared of taking hate in Abyssea then you have issues. It's damn near impossible to kill a WHM who actually has a clue what they are doing.

But clearly you, despite not even having WHM levelled, and your "fantastic WHM friend" are the only ones in the world who know anything about playing WHM and the rest of us who have been playing the job for years have no idea what we're talking about.
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-06-16 13:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring for a second that Orison Bliaud +2 is the best option for any spell affected by Afflatus Solace's stoneskin, seriously, enmity? When it comes to single mobs that do large amounts of damage in single increments, I can confidently say that, other than maybe an Ochain PLD, WHM is easily the most sturdy job in Abyssea. You can survive virtually forever against.. well, everything that doesn't en-petrify or en-doom.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-16 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nezea said:
Not that I feel -enmity really matters at all but in response to this epic troll I felt it was worth mentioning that more cureskin means you don't have to cure as much, which in turn leads to less enmity gain. Also, between MM atma, Tranquil Heart, and the -enmity that is offered by the curing set Tweeek mentioned you're probably already hitting the -enmity cap without the need for ridiculous equipment like the Serene Ring that no level 90 WHM in their right mind would ever use. What's more, if you're scared of taking hate in Abyssea then you have issues. It's damn near impossible to kill a WHM who actually has a clue what they are doing. But clearly you, despite not even having WHM levelled, and your "fantastic WHM friend" are the only ones in the world who know anything about playing WHM and the rest of us who have been playing the job for years have no idea what we're talking about.
+1'd you for sure.
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-06-16 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
missed the point again. not saying use a different body, but a different set.

but whatever i give up theres no point in talking to you people anymore. just please never come to my server and i wont go to yours
Stop posting. You dont even play the Job and your wrong at the same time.

+2 body is better. In abyssea if you tank is using shadows he is wasting his time casting. I fulltime nin and I never cast shadows in abyssea because all it does is slow down the fight. Now any other DD wont have shadows because no one /nin's in abyssea. So now this cure skin that "you dont need" is in effect and usefull everytime a cure is cast. Its a bigger cure essentially 100% of the time.

seriously get out of this thread and just stop posting reply's your points are bad and invalid and your reasoning is " Cuz I said so "
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
By Malphius 2011-08-17 18:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to toss in my two cents here and i'm going to start off by saying that I don't think there is a 'right' or a 'wrong' way to tailor your whm gear as long as you are making wise decisions as to how and why you are making them.

There are merits to both sets and while I have chosen one over another, I don't think the other choices are less wrong as long as you are properly weighing pro's and con's as to why it fits your play style.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-17 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Malphius said: »
I'm going to toss in my two cents here and i'm going to start off by saying that I don't think there is a 'right' or a 'wrong' way to tailor your whm gear as long as you are making wise decisions as to how and why you are making them.

There are merits to both sets and while I have chosen one over another, I don't think the other choices are less wrong as long as you are properly weighing pro's and con's as to why it fits your play style.

you're adorable!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 18:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it in the majority of whm threads the -enmity whm's decide to clash against the other whm's >.>

I seriously am beginning to see a trend here lol...

Just do what ever you want to do, seriously. As long as your keeping your party members alive and doing your job in the end it doesn't matter how powerful your cures are, or how low your enmity towards the enemy was, if you did your job then it doesn't matter what stats you have.

Whm is the simple job that has powerful customization for your preference. There are a billion set combinations other than the one your using right now, and just because you like it doesn't make it the absolute best for someone else.

There is no reason to call others out, and tell them they are wrong in a horrible manner, you are a white mage. You are the healer and support job for your team, why on earth would you have such a stuck up snotty attitude for one of the most giving jobs in the game.

62 days after the conversation or not, it's annoying as hell.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-08-17 19:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for bumping this. I loled.

Lolasura.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 19:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Why is it in the majority of whm threads the -enmity whm's decide to clash against the other whm's >.>

I seriously am beginning to see a trend here lol...

Just do what ever you want to do, seriously. As long as your keeping your party members alive and doing your job in the end it doesn't matter how powerful your cures are, or how low your enmity towards the enemy was, if you did your job then it doesn't matter what stats you have.

Whm is the simple job that has powerful customization for your preference. There are a billion set combinations other than the one your using right now, and just because you like it doesn't make it the absolute best for someone else.

There is no reason to call others out, and tell them they are wrong in a horrible manner, you are a white mage. You are the healer and support job for your team, why on earth would you have such a stuck up snotty attitude for one of the most giving jobs in the game.

62 days after the conversation or not, it's annoying as hell.

Every WHM main I've ever met has been like this. They have the whole "The world owes me a debt for playing WHM" attitude.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-17 19:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What the heck was this thread about?

Facio Bliault or Orison Bliaud +2 for WHM?

Facio Bliault is a decent entry-level WHM armor for a new WHM.

Other than that, its best use for cures as SMN/WHM, really.

If you're even half-serious about being an end-game WHM, Orison Bliaud +2 is a far more useful and generally better armor piece for WHM.

I could expand on this, if needed, but not going to right now in case this has already been covered months ago in this necro-bumped thread.