users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » NIN Gear Sets; Need some advice
NIN Gear Sets; Need some advice
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-06-13 15:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm open to suggestions on how to better outfit my NIN.

I need to build an ninjutsu set, but atm I gotta run to do something perhaps I'll build it when I get back.
 Leviathan.Dreamx
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-06-17 03:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpity bump.
 Leviathan.Purplestuf
By Leviathan.Purplestuf 2011-06-17 04:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

roundel earring
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-17 04:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dreamx said:
I'm open to suggestions on how to better outfit my NIN.

I need to build an ninjutsu set, but atm I gotta run to do something perhaps I'll build it when I get back.

For Jin keep Brutal Earring on, is that Inside/Outside set? Inside w/ RR atma+Cruor buffs you should be fine with using Heafoc. Outside iunno. For TP Dusk gloves suck because they're from the AH and you should feel bad.
You're over haste cap if you have Usukane feet I'd use those, if not it's fine.
 Phoenix.Biggz
user: phawk23
By Phoenix.Biggz 2011-06-17 04:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also get ACP body w/ augmented Fast Cast and Evasion +10 for Utsu recast :)
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 04:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a link to my blog. I made a post that shows some of the sets I use on NIN.
http://upbeatofodin.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-nin-part1-equipment.html
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-17 04:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Here is a link to my blog. I made a post that shows some of the sets I use on NIN.

What would blade: jin set outside look like?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 04:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

What would blade: jin set outside look like?
Um... I haven't messed with Jin since I got Hi lol. I can make a quick set, but i'm sure there will be better stuff for some slots.

Give me a few mins.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-17 04:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks :p my spellcast has just been equipping my Abyssea set. :(
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 04:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Could switch:
Back to Atheling Mantle.
Hands to Iga Tekko +2, or Ample Gloves
Feet to Jingang Greaves
Head to Cuauhtli Headpiece, Aias Bonnet, or Maat's Cap

I'm not sure what would be the best, but all that stuff looks pretty good to me.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-17 04:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:

Could switch:
Back to Atheling Mantle.
Hands to Iga Tekko +2, or Ample Gloves
Feet to Jingang Greaves
Head to Cuauhtli Headpiece, Aias Bonnet, or Maat's Cap

I'm not sure what would be the best, but all that stuff looks pretty good to me.
Would Ninja Tekko +1 work? I have Iga tekko +2 as well but just wondering which would win; For body don't have the +1/+2 yet (Ninja's not really my main focus job.) would Juogi work for the crit rate+3% and DA+4%?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 04:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't even think about Ninja Tekko +1, they would be better than Ample Gloves. They would actually probably be better than Iga Tekko +2s also lol. Hachiryu could be better for voidwalkers since they have so much evasion, I would just use what you already have if I was you though.

Juogi would be fine, I'm sure Loki's would work. Or you could even bring back the Hauby +1.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-17 04:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thanks. Haven't used my NIN since way back when. xD Figure I use it to farm up the GF's Armlets though. :x
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-06-17 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think any of these sets should include the fact that you would dis-engage. seems like a waste since most of these sets can be obtained to the fullest without using staffs / bad sekka's
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 09:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well obviously you won't switch weapons mid fight unless it's a rather challenging solo, or low man fight and you really NEED that extra MDT/PDT.

As for the Sekka comment, have you seen NIN nukes? with the right set up they do more damage than Blade: Hi inside abyssea, outside it isn't even a competition on most mobs.

As for the utsu macro of course you don't macro in the hocho just for casting utsu, that would just be silly. But if you're fighting something that really needs that fast of shadows then you'll want to put it for the whole fight.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-17 10:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How much damage are we talking Inside/Outside abyssea on NIN nukes? I'm quite curious as I've considered getting nuking sets for quite awhile now, especially after seeing that solo of Mother Globe you did. (I suppose I could look up that video in hindsight)
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 10:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
How much damage are we talking Inside/Outside abyssea on NIN nukes? I'm quite curious as I've considered getting nuking sets for quite awhile now, especially after seeing that solo of Mother Globe you did. (I suppose I could look up that video in hindsight)
Inside abyssea Ni nukes do an average of 800~1,000 damage. Sans will do 4,000~8,000 depending on what you're fighting, atmas, if it was MB'd, Futae.

Outside it's a lot less, but still 300~500ish Ni nukes 800~2k sans is what I get with my set.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-17 10:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

upbeat used to run around trying to out nuke my blm with his nin c.c
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And I did! I still have the screenshots I think lol :p
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-17 10:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

oh pfff >.> one or two resists does not count! did you ever put a tv on the ceiling so you can play while sleeping?
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-06-17 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Inside abyssea Ni nukes do an average of 800~1,000 damage. Sans will do 4,000~8,000 depending on what you're fighting, atmas, if it was MB'd, Futae.

Outside it's a lot less, but still 300~500ish Ni nukes 800~2k sans is what I get with my set.

Please stop. 4-8k San? Please post a screenshot of a non-brewed san doing 8k Even magic burst Faute'd.

is what I bother to carry around. Ive never wasted my ninja by setting MAB atma's ( Hell's / ultimate / Beyond ( for Hyoton san the only one you should have ) ) But you sure as ***are not going to nuke for 8k. highest ive seen is a 2100 MAB Hyoton on a exp mob. ( without setting atma's for it )

Also the overkill effort your putting into your sets is just sad. its not practical in most situations. I enjoy the effort but damn man.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-17 10:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, I went the route of meritting all the San spells (5/5 Hyoton, at the time I concluded most mobs seemed weak to Ice, or at least not resistant to). I'll look into getting a similar set to yours (probably with the exception of Novio) in hopes of doing some serious nuke damage, moreso outside abyssea. Thanks!
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 10:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem a little mad. I never claimed to have done 8k, highest I've done was 6k. However I'm also missing an important atma, and I didn't have any extra buffs aside from Innin, and Futae. So I would assume under a perfect situation 8k could very well be possible.

I assume you're just an everyday NIN, and that's fine. However some people like to push the limits by going after the best. I have people ask me every video for my sets so I've made them for people to look at, and replicate if they really have the desire to do so.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-06-17 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
You seem a little mad. I never claimed to have done 8k, highest I've done was 6k. However I'm also missing an important atma, and I didn't have any extra buffs aside from Innin, and Futae. So I would assume under a perfect situation 8k could very well be possible.

I assume you're just an everyday NIN, and that's fine. However some people like to push the limits by going after the best. I have people ask me every video for my sets so I've made them for people to look at, and replicate if they really have the desire to do so.

Everyday ninja. that's comedy. I just dont play around with toy sets that dont get real use. your gear sets are cool and all but I come from when I tanked Nin/Drk and had sets beyond your fantasy's back when nin NEEDED those sets just to survive. Now the job has gotten much better comparatively and I don't need to have 120 pieces of gear for it. I just dont want to see a bunch of new players wasting there gil / efforts on sets of gear that should never see the light of day is all.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-17 10:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

Everyday ninja. that's comedy. I just dont play around with toy sets that dont get real use. your gear sets are cool and all but I come from when I tanked Nin/Drk and had sets beyond your fantasy's back when nin NEEDED those sets just to survive. Now the job has gotten much better comparatively and I don't need to have 120 pieces of gear for it. I just dont want to see a bunch of new players wasting there gil / efforts on sets of gear that should never see the light of day is all.

yeah getting a relic from scratch in 52 days... nothing. buying a fire resist set for nin/drk IMPOSSIBLE!!!
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2011-06-17 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my nukeset. 3k is no problem on a futae hyoton: san with beyond+ultimate+cosmos (Sanguine damage oh yay). I would imagine adding a 3rd MAB atma, Innin and a few better gear items, x2 MAB sekkas or staff and your going to see a large increase in damage.

His effort into gear is sad? Don't know about that.

Reminds me of the "my evasion is capped on everything in my tp set" nins that eat 20 serpentine tails during 1 Alfard kill and I ichi tank it thanks to my "useless" evasion set lol
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

Well I suppose I can see it from that point of view, at least you're looking out for the new players. I think I'll put a warning up on that post.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-06-17 10:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

and im still curious to see 8k just tried /rdm your gear set ( minus the rings uses 7int's ) Ice staff ( not sure how comparable to sekka's it is ) 5721 Hyoton Mb'd asetics tonic faute.

I think someone mathing it out could show a max nuke possible I still dont see 8k happening. It was cool to see a 5721 nuke but I can do 6-7k hi's I just dont see the point.

Anyways I still give props to upbeat if your looking for amazing sets to work towards check out his blog.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-17 12:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
What atma are you missing and which ones are you currently using?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-06-17 12:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm missing Ultimate. Currently using MM, Beyond, Hell's.